No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Province has hired a coordinator for a vaccine roll-out that's expected to begin in January. Front-line workers and care-home residents will get priority. Meanwhile Justin says Canadians may have to wait longer for their shots because, unlike the UK, US and other countries, we have no vaccine production facilities of our own. So a potential breakdown point already identified then.

Comment

Netherlands and Turkey are the latest two countries to reach over 500,000 confirmed cases. Netherlands has reported 9,000+ deaths, Turkey has reported 13,000+ deaths.

Comment

Germany is the 12th country to exceed one million cases, and has reported 15,767 deaths so far.

Comment

The current UK official death toll of 57,031 is now higher than the populations of Livingstone in Scotland or Barry in Wales or Leamington Spa in England.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post

Bollox. Tier 3 in Kent too, thanks to a covid spike in East Kent around Sittingbourne. This will be the last straw for some of our local businesses, I fear. The Borough where we live has had relatively very low infection rates throughout (so far), but we’re taking the hit with our fellow county-dwellers from Swale District. We could sneak 2 miles over the border into East Sussex if we fancy a “household” meal in a pub or restaurant, I suppose. Provided the staff don’t go all Gestapo on us and demand to see evidence of a non-Kent address...
            Meanwhile, at the North/West Yorkshire interface, Tier 2 Skipton councillor says they will "shoot on sight" anyone from Ilkley and beyond who comes over for a pint. Although if you read the story they actually don't care and will serve anyone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exa...e-19351932.amp

Comment

Africa has exceeded 51,000 deaths. Slightly more than France, fewer than either Italy or the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                Meanwhile, at the North/West Yorkshire interface, Tier 2 Skipton councillor says they will "shoot on sight" anyone from Ilkley and beyond who comes over for a pint. Although if you read the story they actually don't care and will serve anyone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exa...e-19351932.amp
                I didn't realise that was the dividing line - that might delay my tentative plan to start doing the Dales Way in early spring.

Comment

Eek! 80 new cases in Oulu today, close to double our previous highest, which itself was only two days ago.

Comment

Looks like these drug companies have been puffing up their claims of effectiveness.

Comment

Some Government committee is demanding the packaging for the Oxford virus is stamped with the Union flag.

BUT NO POPPY, THE TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tier 2 in Oxford, not that our family'd do anything that isn't allowed in tier 3 anyway.

Comment

Dublin's Abbey theatre publicising reopening with a production of Dracula, starting on Valentine's day 2021. Optimistic in my opinion but I hope they're right.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                            Dublin's Abbey theatre publicising reopening with a production of Dracula, starting on Valentine's day 2021. Optimistic in my opinion but I hope they're right.
                            I'd have thought The Phantom of the Opera would be more apt. Or The Man in the Iron Mask if there is a stage version.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

I'd have thought The Phantom of the Opera would be more apt. Or The Man in the Iron Mask if there is a stage version.
                              Either would be good, but the Abbey is the Irish national theatre, and only performs plays by Irish authors.

Comment

I'm not sure where to put this... anyway, the Pope seems to have given supposedly catholic justices Coney Barratt, Thomas, Alito and Kavanaugh a right old bollocking about their anti-mandate stance on covid regulations.

Comment

I'm sure that they will be following this up.

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1332350880348327938

Comment

Those clowns don't recognise him as the "real" Pope anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Those clowns don't recognise him as the "real" Pope anyway
                                      They support Avignon?

Comment

Sedevancantists

Comment

Huh? That's actually a thing?

Comment

So much so that it has splintered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

The Bill Barr school of "traditional" Catholics hate Francesco with the passion of a thousand suns

Comment

Back in the good old days they knew how to treat heretics like them..

Comment

North America is the first continent to exceed 400,000 deaths. Mostly due to the USA (271,000+ deaths) and Mexico (nearly 105,000 deaths).

Comment

Europe has the highest total number of cases per continent, 16.8 million+ versus Asia with 16.4 million+.

Comment

Bahrain now has more confirmed cases than China but only 341 deaths recorded. This is likely due to its extensive testing regime; Bahrain has conducted more tests than it has population (nearly 1.2 million tests conducted per 1 million population).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X