No announcement yet.

The battle for Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quim Torra, the President of Catalonia, has been deposed by the Spanish Supreme Court for hanging a pro-prisoners banner outside the parliament building - new elections are thus expected imminently.

Comment

Do you want some good news?

https://www.levante-emv.com/comunita...-17158585.html

Comment

Fuck me my Spanish comprehension has fallen off a cliff. But yeah, compared to the Madrid court assisted death cult, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          Fuck me my Spanish comprehension has fallen off a cliff. But yeah, compared to the Madrid court assisted death cult, good stuff.
          According to latest polls left-wing parties would win 60 out of 99 seats in Valencian regional elections. 8 more than at present. Good stuff as you say.

Comment

Controversial (well,it doesn't seem so controversial to me, but still) changes in the education law in Spain
            https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...consensus.html

From the article:

"NEW EDUCATION LAW: WHAT HAS CHANGED

Measures to reduce school segregation. The law includes a raft of measures aimed at ensuring that students from low-income families are equally represented in public and concertada schools. Extracurricular activities that must be paid for will not be allowed within school hours and city councils will not be able to cede public land for the construction of education centers that are not public.

Limits on repeating a grade .In Spain, around 31% of 15-year-old students have repeated a grade, nearly double the average of other developed countries. Under the new law, a student will only be held back once in primary school and twice throughout the mandatory education system. The decision on whether a student must repeat a grade will be based on what is best for their academic progress and not depend directly on whether they have failed more than two subjects.

Gender equality. The Lomloe promotes gender equality as a transversal issue in all areas of study. Schools will be encouraged to highlight the contributions of women and men in areas where they are not typically represented.

Sustainable schools. The new law also prom
            otes “environmental sustainability.” Regional governments must aim to reduce the environmental impact of education centers and create “safe paths to school” to allow students to walk to school."

Comment

Catholic groups are up in arms about all this, saying that their freedom to educate their children in the way they wish has been compromised.

No it hasn't.

Parents can still educate their kids at home as they always have done. If you're a practising Catholic or whatever other religion then fine. But the state shouldn't be expected to fund you, nor should non-believers be discriminated against just because...

The hand of the Catholic church in Spain is still twitching...

Comment

Working...
              X