No announcement yet.

The battle for Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franco's remains have finally been exhumed.

Comment

Now fuck em in the sea

Comment

The state of polling with one week to go:

Comment

The figures for Vox are worrying to say the least.

Comment

That looks bad.

Comment

This poll does contradict others taken just a few days previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                This poll does contradict others taken just a few days previously.
                An average, or poll of polls, rather than conducted by any one company.

Comment

Ah, thanks...didn't investigate properly.

Comment

A few regional-level polls - in the Basque Country, nationalists could win 11 of the 18 local seats, and potentially shut out the Spanish-based right-wing parties:

https://twitter.com/eitbNoticias/status/1190982068613844993

Meanwhile, in Galicia, the local nationalist party could re-enter the national parliament, its supporters having voted for Podemos until the local affiliate fell out with Iglesias:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1191000862644228098

Comment

The by-now traditional absurdity of Spanish polls having to be published in Andorra:

Comment

PP and C's support a Vox motion in the Madrid regional assembly calling on the national government to ban pro-independence parties.

Comment

I saw that. I also saw somewhere a suggestion that CUP might be added to the list of terrorist organisations.

Comment

CDR, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                              PP and C's support a Vox motion in the Madrid regional assembly calling on the national government to ban pro-independence parties.
                              Like banning the SNP. Despicable.

Comment

Like banning the SNP. Despicable.
                                At least it'll drive up turnout, and presumably seat numbers, for every pro-autonomy party, and let's not forget the lesser-known examples of same, such as in Cantabria, Valencia and the Balearics, among others.

Comment

The CDR suggestion was in the piece you previously linked to. Separately, elsewhere, I saw a suggestion about CUP.

(I imagine it's bollocks, for now)
                                  Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 07-11-2019, 21:00.

Comment

I'll enjoy the collapse of the Spanish state almost as much as the British one.

Comment

I don't know anyone here who is intending to vote for Vox, nor come to that for PP. Either I'm mixing with the wrong (right) company or people are telling porkies.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

At least it'll drive up turnout, and presumably seat numbers, for every pro-autonomy party, and let's not forget the lesser-known examples of same, such as in Cantabria, Valencia and the Balearics, among others.
                                        There's not that much call in Valencia for more devolved government. More funds and improved infrastructure yes, especially with regards to north-south communications.

Comment

There's not that much call in Valencia for more devolved government. More funds and improved infrastructure yes, especially with regards to north-south communications.
                                          Compromís were all about the Valencian language/dialect, I thought?

Comment

Left wing and pro Valencia but nowhere near the extent in other regions. But you do have a point.

Comment

I don't know anyone here who is intending to vote for Vox, nor come to that for PP. Either I'm mixing with the wrong (right) company or people are telling porkies.
                                              Interesting party support map by province at the very bottom - as one would expect, Vox support is negligible in Catalonia, the Basque Country and Galicia, but also weak in the northern autonomous communities and Aragon.

Comment

Surprised at Aragon.

Comment

And indeed Galicia.

Comment

At the current pace of disintegration, C's will be lower than Junts and the PNV by Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X