No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was the favourite of the betting markets for the entire second half of last year

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...20_nomination/

Comment

I can see that SB, like Warren herself is blaming Bernie and his bros. It started to go wrong for her when she attacked Bernie. She ran a tacticallly disastrous campaign.

Comment

She’s an idiot.

[URL]https://twitter.com/b_judah/status/1235762017576923138?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Meanwhile the New York Times is carrying out shameless redbaiting.

bernie was enthusiastic about twinning arrangements between Burlington and Yaroslavl

when Reagan and Thatcher were encouraging twinning with cities all over America

[URL]https://twitter.com/b_judah/status/1235756449470599168?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            You would be better off trying alchemy than looking for a single decisive theory in a decision that complex
            I'm not. I just said I wouldn't rule out its being sexism, which affects people's perceptions and decisions in complex ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

Oh I think it was definitely involved, I was more thinking about whether it was "the" decisive factor.
              Can you see where I got that impression?

Comment

https://twitter.com/mollycrabapple/status/1235801584027799552?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

This is a bit of a trolling take, but what went wrong for Warren is the Sanders ran despite everyone knowing he couldn’t win. Splitting the progressive vote, and then creating a dynamic that forced the establishment to coalesce behind the safest candidate. If Sanders hadn’t run we wouldn’t have a Biden candidacy..
                  Hold on, if the the progressive vote wasn't split, then surely the DNC would have just taken out the progressive candidate even faster? And Warren didn't have the organisation that Sanders has, and she hasn't been able to attract working class votes.

The two of them needed to work together.

Comment

This is a bit of a trolling take, but what went wrong for Warren is the Sanders ran despite everyone knowing he couldn’t win. Splitting the progressive vote, and then creating a dynamic that forced the establishment to coalesce behind the safest candidate. If Sanders hadn’t run we wouldn’t have a Biden candidacy. It might be Warren, it might be Booker, it might be Harris, it might be Klobuchar. But it wouldn’t be Biden. And it was never going to be Sanders.
                    Warren, like all the other failed candidates didn't engage the Black vote. When asked about reparations she furrowed her brow and said, "reparations for what". She was done after that.

Also her fake barbershop antics last week went down really really badly. Gaslighting black opinion is not longer a viable tactic in 2020 nor is hanging around with rappers, singing and dancing as Bernie is about to find out.
                    The days of benign neglect is over as are the Democrats chances of winning this election.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      Yeah it does seem to be sour grapes. I imagine that if the tables were turned, Sanders would be at Warren rallies already. Then again, one could argue that Sanders is too nice to everyone else. What use were those DNC unity rallies...

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Warren, like all the other failed candidates didn't engage the Black vote. When asked about reparations she furrowed her brow and said, "reparations for what". She was done after that.

Also her fake barbershop antics last week went down really really badly. Gaslighting black opinion is not longer a viable tactic in 2020 nor is hanging around with rappers, singing and dancing as Bernie is about to find out.
                        The days of benign neglect is over as are the Democrats chances of winning this election.
                        Fair enough. What's with the love for Biden in South Carolina and Virginia though? Is it the Obama connection?

Comment

She seems not to have noticed that everybody who dropped out of the race recently did so to endorse joe Biden.

Comment

Warren walking back on M4A and hiring people from the Hillary campaign killed her. It’s clear she doesn’t have a lot of tactical nous herself, which is I guess understandable given she wasn’t really a politician until she became a Senator by beating a mimbo. The DNA test was a bizarre gift to her enemies. But hiring people from the most spectacular failure in American political history, who have a proven track record of pissing off large, large sections of the Democratic base and have nursed a grudge that will never be satiated, was a mistake. These people hate having to justify their existence, feel contempt that you question their wisdom, and are good at neither.

She really should have run away screaming from those people, because I think they got her to play up all the things about herself that people either didn’t care about or just didn’t like. She’s a policy wonk that really cares about regulating corruption and unfettered capitalism. She should have played those hits and stuck to M4A.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Fair enough. What's with the love for Biden in South Carolina and Virginia though? Is it the Obama connection?
                              Yes, some Obama shine but it's mainly the old black vote that was corralled by the pulpit pimps aka the Church pastors.

No young people will vote Biden, especially when people get reminded of "Bidens Law" (and that Bernie voted for it).

If you notice, most of the front runners have suffered when people checked their paperwork how it relates to black people and their vote nosedived about that.
                              ​​​​​​
                              All came from the black media and was reported by me weeks or months before the mainstream media who attempted to ignore this until they couldn't.

As I have said before when politicians go to other special interest groups like rich whites, LGBT, Hispanics, poor whites. They bend the knee and are real specific about what they offer. With black people it's all singing and dancing, they wheel out celebrities and rappers and start quoting DR King.
                              Bernie rarely engages with the grass roots black people, he sends the like of Kills Mike and Chuck D to do his bidding. That's some plantation shit right there

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                She seems not to have noticed that everybody who dropped out of the race recently did so to endorse joe Biden.
                                Nah, she just sounds like an entitled old white woman. Why would someone vote for her when they can vote for Bernie who offers more or less the same thing?

Comment

This is a bit of a trolling take, but what went wrong for Warren is the Sanders ran despite everyone knowing he couldn’t win. Splitting the progressive vote, and then creating a dynamic that forced the establishment to coalesce behind the safest candidate. If Sanders hadn’t run we wouldn’t have a Biden candidacy. It might be Warren, it might be Booker, it might be Harris, it might be Klobuchar. But it wouldn’t be Biden. And it was never going to be Sanders.
                                  It actually wasn't a trolling take. People keep saying she was a very good candidate (in the media at least) so I think it's fair to ask 'what went wrong'.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Can you see where I got that impression?
                                    Of course! I was thinking along the lines of Hillary's theory that it was the decisive factor and saying I wouldn't rule it out. I agree with you that it's not something we could know definitively.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post

It actually wasn't a trolling take. People keep saying she was a very good candidate (in the media at least) so I think it's fair to ask 'what went wrong'.
                                      I took him to mean that his own take was a bit trolling, given the Bernie supporters here.

Blaming Warren for lacking campaigning nous is fine, but we have a front-runner who seems quite a bit worse at it, so. Maybe there are different standards for different people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

I took him to mean that his own take was a bit trolling, given the Bernie supporters here.

Blaming Warren for lacking campaigning nous is fine, but we have a front-runner who seems quite a bit worse at it, so. Maybe there are different standards for different people.
                                        In that case apologies to SB! The mainstream media seem to be fairly exempt from the criticism I've seen so far - but surely MSNBC and the like promoting Buttigieg or Klobachar at the drop of a hat must stick in craw for Warren supporters.

Comment

I think it's a mixture of she was seen as too-left by the donors (indeed, I felt the donors thought Bernie was a write off but were very scared by Warren) and turned their fire on her. M4A was the ostensible cause but I wonder if it was her focus on the tech giants that did for them. They knew she had the policy chops to see it through, and so had to be driven out of the race. And we have no idea what the fuck they're capable of pulling without anyone really realising, social media wise.

Sure, part of Biden's platform is about tech companies being brought to heel, but they know he's biddable on this, it isn't driving his campaign and the power behind him will be his key staffers, who are unlikely to have any real care about this element.

Comment

This article is (or seems) clarifying on the non-monolithic profile of the black vote:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...analysis-recap

TG is right about the generational divide: "black Democrats under 30 overwhelmingly supported Sanders."

Comment

For sure. There are black millennials and black boomers.

Comment

Bloomberg's new post-campaign-suspending ad:

I'm underwhelmed.

Comment

Wow. That’s ... expensive but uninspiring . Just like Bloomberg’s campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                                    For sure. There are black millennials and black boomers.
                                                    A missing detail is "Of the black people who bothered to turn up to vote".

I can't see any of these two getting black people enthused and they are too racist to make concessions. No doubt the democrats will blame nonsense like the Russians and voter suppression rather than face the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X