The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

De Santis is furthering legislation to allow students to record lecturers without permission - not just destroying the privacy of the lecture but also that of the students. Essentially all classroom discussion would cease.

Supposedly it would be unlawful for the student to post the lecture online.

It's an act of educational sabotage.

Comment

That implicates federal law on intellectual property, as well as basic principles of academic freedom

Not that he cares, of course

The best way to ensure it isn't posted is to play popular music as a backing track. The algorithms are all trained to take that down immediately.

Comment

That Ramadan and Eid promotion of booze is absolutely unbelievable, ursus. Do you know where the photo was taken?

Comment

Afraid not

I saw it on the feed of a BBC correspondent

Comment

It's definitely a Tesco.

Comment

I'm sure it's safe, but I get the jitters watching other people on it:

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

wasn't there something similar in the UK in the early 80s featuring leading UK companies?

Anyone remember it, and how many are still extant?
                  There was a game called Poleconomy where you bought and sold companies and could set the inflation rate if you became prime minister making your companies worth a lot more or your opponents worth a lot less. I used to really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                    That Ramadan and Eid promotion of booze is absolutely unbelievable, ursus. Do you know where the photo was taken?
                    Do we know it's not a fake is the question I'd be asking

(Have Morrisons been contacted for a response do you know?)
                    Last edited by Guy Profumo; 30-04-2021, 08:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                      It's definitely a Tesco.
                      It's a Morrisons

The green sign has "Market Street" printed on it

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

It's a Morrisons

The green sign has "Market Street" printed on it
                        I'm pretty sure I remember this coming up before. Wasn't it last year?

A quick search for "Halal beer" on the Tesco website produces mostly ginger beer, but also this stuff.

Comment

Then it's a wind-up. That's a Tesco sign. You can Morrison your arse off about the background, but that would mean it's all a lie.

I will die on this hill. Tesco. No-one in Morrisons is this much of a cunt.

(It's a very small hill)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                            Then it's a wind-up. That's a Tesco sign. You can Morrison your arse off about the background, but that would mean it's all a lie.

I will die on this hill. Tesco. No-one in Morrisons is this much of a cunt.

(It's a very small hill)
                            So it's a Tesco sign in a Morrisons supermarket

So we're all agreed. A fake then.

Last edited by Guy Profumo; 30-04-2021, 14:00.

Comment

Reminds me of this, except that was real.

Comment

Well, the headline is WTF... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-56963067

Comment

Are you... game for a laugh!!!!!!!!!...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56973968

Comment

Off of Facebook...

Comment

In Texas, it is easier to own a tiger than a dog that's been labeled as dangerous. It's estimated there could be from 2,000 to 5,000 tigers living in this southern state of the United States — meaning Texas could have more tigers than the roughly 3,800 tigers living in the wild globally.
                                      https://www.dw.com/en/tigers-prowl-t...rds/a-44347435

Comment

Our local region is critically short of gasoline due to panic buying caused by the pipeline attack. Local businesses will be badly hit. We have had to postpone our monthly birding trip up through the state.

States of emergency in NC, GA, FL.

Comment

Probably should go in Sport, but I had no idea that this tool (McGregor) earned so much: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/57093568

Comment

It is quite bizarre to include the USD 150 million that he got from the sale of his whiskey brand in that figure

Comment

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1395767976595427333

Comment

Comment

To be fair, getting hung, drawn and quartered is a serious business, I think it's only right that he ensures that he does nothing that might place him in danger of this terrible fate.

Comment

Cheese photo leads to Liverpool drug dealer's downfall

Comment

Working...
                                                    X