The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Virginia Republican state representative takes to the floor to complain that news coverage of their push for mandatory ultrasounds for women getting abortions cost him sex with his wife.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/24/when_lawmakers_dont_get_lucky.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Do the charcters in Lysistrata talk about their "patented cool moves"?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It's a move that brings out the carnal passions of any woman.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Man Invokes Demonic Barry White in Murder Defense.

Neuman’s defense attorney Doug Peters said in his opening statements that Neuman believed he had been visited by an angel and demon in the forms of Olivia Newton-John and Barry White, respectively, that told him that Sneiderman’s children were his and that he needed to protect them by killing her husband.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ach, not the Olivia-and-Barry defence again ...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I would have given it more credence if he had Barry as the angel.

Meanwhile, the Urban Baby people are at it again.

1) Stop with the nonsense, $600K is poor

Thread topic: "Does no one understand what the actual definition of "poverty" is? I get that an HHI of $200K or $250K can feel like it isn't going very far in NY, but how can people come on this board and claim that they feel impoverished at that income level? It's so absurd."

Comment: "Stop with this nonsense. Our two income 600 K Gross hardly covers it. DD in Rodeph Lower School. DS at Trevor. UWS Town House: Mortgage and Upkeep. All the lessons. A week at Telluride. A week in Anguilla. Two summer camps. Mandatory Israel for the kids. DH actually played golf last year on a public course and I do spinning at Soul Cycle only twice a week."

[Reply]: "Wait this is a joke, right? Or are you trolling without trying?"

"This is not a joke. This is real life. We do not even have a live in just a 3x/week housekeeper.I am not claiming to be in poverty but but in "our circle" we are considered to be struggling."
                I think my favourite bit is "Mandatory Israel for the kids.", but there's lot more where that came from at the link.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yes. Mandatory Israel for the kids is quite sublime.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I love my home town.

I really do.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ha ha! Wow.

I hope some of the hooligans at the public golf course roughed up DH a bit. Stepping foot on a municipal golf course! You might as well walk into a Hell's Angels clubhouse uninvited and demand a beer!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Mandatory Israel FTK goes on my potential list of band names.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Thread topic: "Is $1,300 per month allowance ok for [son] going away for college?"
                          Comment: "I gave mine $2K plus an emergency card while they were at NYU. It is really difficult to get the full college experience without being able to do and wear all the things your friends do. Don't deny your son this one opportunity to have a great college experience. Did you deny him private school for K-12? denying him this cash would be the equivalent of sending him to public school."
                          Again, "denying him this cash would be the equivalent of sending him to public school." DIE IN A FIRE

Comment

The WTF? Thread

On MSNBC the same day:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10548400-some-wall-streeters-facing-tough-times-on-just-350000-a-year

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"Maternity concierges" are a thing.

One pregnant woman wanted the pair to get her into a particular playgroup, known as Mommy and Me. “She wanted us to let them know she had a discretionary fund available of $250,000 so that she could ensure her place in the group,” says Ms Gould. “In LA these playgroups are very political. They provide an entrée into a social world. You want your child to get into certain groups, which will then help them get into the right nursery, pre-school and then elementary school.”

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Are those stories crafted to make the people in them dislikable?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That's my personal take, but one also has to take into account that their potential client base overlaps significantly with that of the FT's "How to Spend It" glossy magazine.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The thing is, the reason money doesn't go very far in the NYC rental market is because there are so many people with money competing for the same space pushing up the real estate prices. That's how a market works. They don't deserve a special break because it costs so much to live there. That wouldn't help, because that would just give more money to the even richer people to drive out the not-quite-so-rich.

And yet I know a number of people who manage to be happy there with a lot less. They just make choices and difficult compromises. Like adults do.

To live in NYC is to compete in the rat race. If you're not happy with what $400k gets you, you're failing as a rat. If you can't hack it, move.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ottowa family files a human rights complaint about not being able to park in front of their house.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Boom

Authorities in California say a 33-year-old San Diego County woman has been killed by a cannonball fired by her husband and another man.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Cannons don't kill people. People do.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Mythbusters guys set off a cannon that shot a ball through something like three houses near where they were filming. It was actually like something in a cartoon--the cannonball went through each house and then onto the next one.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A toddler t-shirt available at Sears:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Interesting.

Fashionista is blocked at my office.

Who knew?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I despair.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X