No announcement yet.

SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that there have been only 20 tied T20 internationals, with the first coming in 2006, and that the IPL has had a total of 13 over its history, I think that is a pretty safe bet.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
      Notts' 3 ties in 9 games this T20 season has got to be a record, right?
      Having not followed the T20 at all this season, I was astonished to learn this this morning while waiting in a 'phone queue.

Comment

Ugh. It was too much to hope that starting on a Thursday would last. I mean, starting Friday surely gives you the best gates as even a 3 day game would see play on both weekend days. But I could live with Thursdays.

But this round has started today, and the next one also starts Sunday. I'm assuming it's because T20 is happening on a Friday?.

Comment

Yup

Bonkers, innit?

Comment

Time to break out mine and Rosencrantz's motto. "Consistency is all I ask!"

Comment

It is almost as if they are actively trying to sabotage their own competitions

Comment

Conway falls on 88 at Taunton, but Somerset are still well placed at 171 for 3

Comment

Bess career best figures of 7-43 as Northants bowled out* for 170, 12 runs ahead on first innings

(well it was 170-9 but Procter couldn't bat, so they were all out - Bess taking 77% rather than a mere 70% of the side)

Comment

And Jimmy Anderson has just taken his 1000th first class wicket

Edit, 1001 now, with Kent on 24/7

Comment

Stevens ruining Anderson's figures here. he's up to 7/19 now.

Comment

And that's what he finishes with. Kent 74 and Lancs 26/0 in return already.

Comment

That Hampshire scorecard looks weird. Highest scorer was 6 with 174 then 9, 2, 11. The bottom five outscored the top five by ten runs.

Oh, Surrey are 35/4 in return.

Comment

Another 50 for Hameed at Trent Bridge

Notts about to overtake Derbyshire with six wickets in hand

Comment

Very important win for Yorkshire against rivals for second place in the group, Northants. (Procter, who didn't bat for Northants in the first innings due to a family bereavement left on 42no in the second, with Northants 53 adrift). Harry Brook's 113 (out of 217, coming it at #5) in Yorkshire's second innings was key.

Comment

Have Yorkshire actually scored more in the first innings than the second at all this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                  Have Yorkshire actually scored more in the first innings than the second at all this season?
                                  It doesn't feel that way

Comment

So, I looked it up

The quick answer is that Yorkshire have not scored more runs in their second innings than their first in a match in which they completed their second innings.

Of their nine County Championship matches to date:

Batted only once in three (one win, two draws)
                                    Declared below their first innings total twice (one win, one draw)
                                    Scored more in their completed second innings than the first four times (three wins, one loss)

Comment

Winning by an innings and only scoring 307 can't be that common.

It's getting pretty tight now in the groups. At least three counties in each one have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                        Winning by an innings and only scoring 307 can't be that common.
                                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/com..._innings_runs/

Comment

It's on at Old Trafford, Kent 88/4 at tea. Hanging on and hoping for rain.

I didn't realise that Glos were at Cheltenham this round. Middlesex need 412, they're 8/2 and it's only day 3.

Comment

Surrey, or rather Amla, grimly hanging on. Surrey are 78/5, Amla is 26 off 172 balls. Hants really need this win but they are running out of time.

Comment

26 from 200 balls.

Barker's analysis is currently 16-14-2-2

Comment

I thought Kent might have ben able to hold out but they've lost a couple of quick wickets and now have two wickets left with 17 overs remaining. They're just 51 behind.

Comment

37 from 261

Six overs left

Clarke currently on strike and within two metres of seven Hants fielders

Comment

Kent have indeed held out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X