No announcement yet.

SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost their last seven wickets for 30 runs, with a mix of bowlers doing the damage

Would not have expected half of these matches to produce a result given the weather

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      Essex looks likely to win this by an innings having lost only three wickets, which can't have happened that often
      I've googled a bit but can't find any relevant stats.

Comment

StatsGuru doesn't include the County Championship, which eliminates the primary route for this kind of query

Comment

Maybe there's some forum somewhere...

Comment

CricArchive might have something, but I haven't yet stumped up for a subscription.

I might write in to CricInfo's stats column.

Comment

England have on 3 occasions won a Test match while only losing 2 wickets, the most recent being 1974 (England 459/2, India 165 & 216)

Comment

Ta

Comment

While searching, I did discover that Derbyshire once lost a game without losing a wicket.

OK, it's cheating a bit because they both forfeited an innings because of rain, but Derby scored 180/0 declared, then saw Northants overtake it.

Comment

Wait, there's cricket started today? Is this because the out of town bowl is being used for tests?

Comment

Afternoon OTFers, afternoon everyone.

Surrey put in by Middlesex but managed 95/0 by lunch. Only two runs since though (allowing for a twenty minute delay for a small shower).

Comment

Following on Levin's question, has anyone heard an explanation for why Hants started yesterday?

There are no events listed on the Ageas Bowl website for Sunday

Comment

Surrey collapsing, 141/5 and only 6 runs have been added for the five wickets.

Pope, Foakes and Jamie Smith with consecutive ducks undoing all the good work by Stoneman and Burns this morning.

Comment

Must be like watching England in the 80s. I see another one has gone too.

Comment

Rain set in at tea halting the fall of wickets so I'm on the train home. Pleasantly surprised to see 56 overs today, not sure how many I'll get tomorrow.

Comment

Surrey's worst collapse since 1903!

Comment

Darren Stevens's 160 out of Kent's 9th wicket partnership of 166 (the other bloke got 1, there were 5 extras) is apparently the highest percentage of a partnership of over 100 in first class cricket.

Comment

And he just got Labuschagne, who has been struggling since his arrival

Comment

I'm astonished to learn that there's any cricket going on anywhere on this godforsaken island

Comment

Canterbury is the only venue in the country at which play is going on.

It is grey and windy, but not wet.

Comment

And they have just been taken off for bad light

Comment

My sole highlight of around three hours noodling around The Oval and surrounding area was discovering in Nando's Vauxhall branch that they have a new Garlic BBQ level of spice.

Still, had they managed two more overs of play today I wouldn't have got a refund which is a small crumb of comfort

Comment

Fairly absorbing stuff in the Hampshire - Leicestershire match right now, as the latter are 54-8 in reply to Hampshire's 233, under conditions that are quite challenging for the batsmen. They seem to be getting a handful of overs in between periodic showers.

Comment

Hants have forfeited their second innings
                                                I'm sat at The Oval, a bit to the right of Ray's seat yesterday, waiting for play to resume. Maybe I should have stayed at the demo.

Comment

Leicestershire's last wicket pair held out for 12 overs, which has almost certainly put paid to Hampshire's chances of taking the 15 wickets they needed today. They were pretty remote anyway.

Comment

Morning all, back at the Oval again which may be the mostly likely game to end in a result of Surrey accelerate for an hour and then set Middlesex a target.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X