No announcement yet.

SomerSex - County championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General feeling in the Long Room Annexe at Trent Bridge from the visiting members

Would rather Lancashire win the title than Hampshire

Comment

"Northern" solidarity?

Class allegiance?

Antagonism towards clubs based at a golf resort?

Something else?

Comment

Antagonism to nouveau wankers with an attitude to oppose "proper cricket"

Mind you, the same mindset also exists within former Lancs members who, to my certain knowledge have taken umbrage against corporatism at the club and chosen not to renew their memberships - especially in light of how Old Trafford was redeveloped, and which parts of the ground members were, and were not admitted
        As opposed to people with the cash

Comment

Yeah, it is a bit of a challenge to distinguish among any of the Hundred counties on that basis

Comment

I'm hoping Somerset win it before I've drunk my last cider.

Comment

As do I

This season has been one of the great Jekyll and Hyde jobs

Comment

Hampshire do appear to be the most disliked county (outside of Hampshire anyway). I got that impression when I was at Derby earlier this season too

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                  Essex ripping through Northants to continue their rampant form of the past month. Not sour grapes or owt but in a 'normal' Championship format, this run of form would have propelled us into the title race. As it is, the meaningless "winners of division two" consolation looms.
                  25 wickets in the day at Chelmsford in the end. Northants made 104 for 15, with Sam Cook taking 9 for 26.

Comment

Overton made fool of himself earlier. I'm pro-mankad but this ain't it.

https://twitter.com/timl_85/status/1440393037847220225

Comment

Very poor indeed

And I am Somerset-minded

Comment

Morning everyone. Another beautiful morning at the Oval. With about a fifth of the crowd of yesterday.

Comment

Over rates have too many allowances. Surrey bowled 97 overs yesterday, one more that the minimum but are +6 overs up on over rate.

Comment

Lancashire making Hampshire's score yesterday look pretty decent

Comment

I don't get why Pope and Amla stay at mid off and on respectively. There are left and right handed batters at the moment and when they rotate the strike Pope and Amla swap over.

Comment

Essex, having made 170 all out, win by an innings and 44 runs on the second morning.

Comment

296 runs and 30 wickets before lunch on the second day at Chelmsford as Essex skittle Northants out for 45 to win by an innings and 44 runs. Scoring 170 and winning by an innings must be one of the lowest first class winning totals I'd imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    Lancashire making Hampshire's score yesterday look pretty decent
                                    Croft and Bailey with an unbeaten ninth wicket partnership of 22 take Lancs to lunch with the Hampshire total in sight. Very Liverpool, this, a renowned ‘result track’, which is great when you get to bat first and bowl last but otherwise not so much. Lancashire famously won their last CC in 2011 when Old Trafford was under reconstruction and they played most home games at Liverpool. As they had a substantially better bowling attack than batting line up - and had good fortune with the toss - all ended well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                      Very Liverpool, this, a renowned ‘result track’, which is great when you get to bat first and bowl last but otherwise not so much.
                                      I've played at Aigburth - late '80s. I got battered all around the park by Richard Chee Quee.

Comment

Lancs get to within two runs of the Hampshire first innings total and then take a wicket before Hampshire get on the scoreboard in their second innings. Every run will be precious in this match.

Comment

I know I';m not supposed to say this as a fan follower* of Yorkshire, but come on Lancashire

(*No longer possible to call myself a "fan" of that racist club)

Comment

Most amazingly, Derbyshire are currently on top in their game. That is the first time this whole season

Comment

Hampshire now 7/2. Lancashire opening the attack with Jack Blatherwick who bowled at second change in the first innings. Vilas is nothing if not an interesting and proactive captain.

Comment

Glamorgan may score more runs in this innings than they have scored in the rest of the season combined.

Comment

I'm still hoping to get down to The Oval on Friday at least to see the season out watching them. It looks like they'll still be batting their first innings if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                    Glamorgan may score more runs in this innings than they have scored in the rest of the season combined.

Certainly a good looking scorecard. No batsman failed.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X