Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love one of those bat guitars, mind

Comment

But E10, isn't that the same for any group stage whether it's football or whatever? The last round of matches is always pretty meaningless.
      But you get a lot more than the last round being meaningless under this drama-phobic format

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
        What the fuck is that song they are playing every five minutes?
        It's called 'Stand By' by Loryn, fearuring Rudimental. Hell's teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
          What the fuck is that song they are playing every five minutes?
          It's the Official Tournament Song. Presume it involves Clean Bandit and / or Jess Glynne, because everything these days is by Clean Bandit or Jess Glynne.

Think I'm in that temporary stand for West Indies v New Zealand next Saturday incidentally.

Comment

What's the Pakistan D/L target? I make it 190 off 20 overs for a starting point. They'll have to go mad to get that. It's pissing down again here in Chorley so that's on its way.

Comment

You need a new calculator, Rogin.

Comment

At 20 overs, it'd be 95-1.

Comment

Which is perfectly plausible. If they are 3 down, it's 130 though.

Comment

Right now, Pakistan are 75-1. DLS par is 77-1.
                    I think India are a bit further ahead than that, but it's close, and missing Kumar would be a big miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                      You need a new calculator, Rogin.
                      I need it explaining to me again I think. I think I'm reading the resouces remaining table okay but applying it the wrong way.

Comment

I'm not sure the one I've been using is right to be honest, as the Guardian OBO said that Pakistan would need to be 163-1 after 30 overs, and the one I was using had it as 152-1. But 190 after 20 overs by any mathematical calculation would be way ahead of the rate for 337 after 50, and could only be correct if they were lots of wickets down.

Comment

Moot anyway, if they can'r score off the spinners.

Comment

Cricinfo had it at 109 for 1 after 20

Is it expected to rain again? Pakistan don't seem to be playing as if it is.

Comment

Comment

What a ball from Kuldeep!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Cricinfo had it at 109 for 1 after 20

Is it expected to rain again? Pakistan don't seem to be playing as if it is.
                                  Agnew thought there was inescapable rain clouds heading straight for the ground and there was talk of some rain radar predicting it hitting around 5:45pm I think.

Comment

Am bang up for Pakistan in this game, but that was a wonderful bit of bowling by Kuldeep just there

Comment

India turning in an epic performance here...

Pakistan's World Cup hoodo against them continues.

Comment

The standard of chasing in this World Cup has been really poor overall – generally fitting a pattern of one-out all-out once the big partnership is broken. Wonder whether more teams ought to be batting first and that captains might be fretting overly on that mythical early-morning moisture. It's the middle of June. The sun's generally up for nearly six hours before games begin.

Comment

I think I've got to the bottom - well, no, the middle - of my confusion about DLS. There's a huge difference between applying the calculation to a team that starts their innings KNOWING they've only got 20 overs and one that starts THINKING they've got 50 but only get to 20 before being rained off. Naturally, the target in the first instance is way higher than in the latter.

Comment

I think most, maybe all, the chasing sides who lost would also have lost batting first. England v Pakistan might be the exception, but that was largely due to England's bad day in the field plus Pakistan having their one inspired performance. England won the toss in that game so we don't know if Pakistan would have chosen to bat.

Comment

This is a farcical ending. But monster performance from India.

Comment

I can’t figure out the logic behind the order in which teams’ scores are presented. It seems like it should be the team who batted first on top and the team that batted last on bottom, but it often isn’t.

Since there is no really “home” team in most of these matches (and I’m not sure what difference it would make if there were since they flip to decide who bats first), I don’t we know if that makes a difference in how it’s presented.

Comment

What are you looking at?

The Cricinfo results page has the team batting first on top.

Comment

The offical cricket world cup mobile has the India-Pakistan game listed one way on the front page, but the other way when you click through to get the match report. Or it did an hour ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X