Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    And as it’s not fuckin rugby, there’s no chance of Scotrail running extra services. I fuckin despise the SFA. They might actually be worse than the corrupt gombeens shoveling money into their own pockets in the FAI.
    I wouldn't be sure about that.

https://twitter.com/Suzanne_Brett/status/1044702042357465089

Comment

Aye, suppose at least some indoor fitba pitches etc have been built in Scotland now. And however dysfunctional and chaotic the youth set up is it seems years ahead of the nonsense in Ireland.

Comment

I can't believe we're actually going to get 2 cup semi finals played at the same ground and on the same day. It's a recipe for carnage.

There is absolutely no justification for the games both being on the same day. Either have them on different days or have them on the same day but at different stadiums - 1 Hampden, 1 Murrayfield.

It's a worrying sign of just how divorced from reality those running the game up here really are.

Comment

I see that fat troll Kris Boyd has now quoted that the early kick off for the Aberdeen / Rangers game is because of worries that the Aberdeen fans won't behave themselves and that their hatred for Rangers is "staggering".

Astonishing that a current player is also acting as a so called "pundit". Even more astonishing is the drivel that he talks. Aye, those Rangers fans are a well behaved bunch!

Comment

Csaba Laszlo (or 'Dr Wafflepish' as Arabs Anonymous dubbed him) sacked, inevitably, after the 5-1 home pumping by the Staggies.

Hugely depressing list of usual suspects (yes, inc Yogi...) to replace, so I'm hoping they give reserve coach Craig Easton a go, temporarily.

The only ex-player I can think of who'd be worth pushing the boat out for is Badger (Billy McKinlay) but I think he's in the latest of a long line of good '2nd in command' gigs in England, so unlikely to be interested.

Edit: wikipedia has him last employed with Moyes at West Ham, so maybe...
            Last edited by Felicity, I guess so; 01-10-2018, 12:04.

Comment

Boyd is a massively thick fuckwit, and that's being kind to him. I noticed yesterday on Sky that they couldn't wait to tear into all the problems at Celtic immediately after showing Rangers losing at Livingston. Their coverage of Scottish football is truly and utterly shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                Csaba Laszlo (or 'Dr Wafflepish' as Arabs Anonymous dubbed him) sacked, inevitably, after the 5-1 home pumping by the Staggies.

Hugely depressing list of usual suspects (yes, inc Yogi...) to replace, so I'm hoping they give reserve coach Craig Easton a go, temporarily.

The only ex-player I can think of who'd be worth pushing the boat out for is Badger (Billy McKinlay) but I think he's in the latest of a long line of good '2nd in command' gigs in England, so unlikely to be interested.

Edit: wikipedia has him last employed with Moyes at West Ham, so maybe...
                It's amazing how often the same old names get linked with clubs. I'd expect the bookies to make the likes of Jim McIntyre and Owen Coyle strong favourites. Then there's the unthinkable of Jim Duffy crossing the Tannadice Street divide. Its becoming an extended absence from the top flight for the Arabs and its massively damaging for them as a club.

Comment

The Jim McIntyre/Billy Dodds combo is a strange one. They won the League Cup at Ross County and the general consensus was that County were crazy to have sacked them at the beginning of last season. So you'd expect them to have been snapped up by now, but still they remain on the sidelines even though some decent vacancies have arisen. A lot of St Mirren fans wanted them to get the job when Jack Ross left, but Alan Stubbs got it. And when he got booted after 3 months, most expected they'd get it this time around, but instead it went to Oran Kearney. Is there something about these guys we're not aware of?

On a fantastically positive note, the Scottish Women's football team have said they'll have nothing to do with booze & gambling sponsorship money https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45704266

Comment

Much though I love sticking the boot into the SFA for their myriad incompetences, corruptions and idiotic public pronouncements, in the interests of fairness I need to point out that the League Cup semi-final fiasco is of course the SPFL's doing rather than the SFA's. Have I mentioned recently that I think Neil Doncaster is a bullshitting fud?

Speaking of bullshitting fuds, Kris Boyd is rapidly turning into Scotland's version of Robbie Savage: deeply unpleasant, thick as mince (but somehow believes himself to be clever), an utter hypocrite who calls out modern players for faults he shows much more acutely himself, and some fucking eejit is going to give him a media career because they think "controversial" = "relevant".

Comment

Update: it appears that the SPFL have seen sense, after only a week of absolutely everyone in Scotland telling them that both semis at Hampden on the same day was a dangerous, unworkable logistical nightmare:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45739578

Comment

Oh dear, the whole disciplinary process - the ref's, compliance officer, review panel, has created yet more comedy in the Scottish game. It seems players and managers from all other clubs are judged by completely different standards to those of two certain other teams, if the numerous inconsistencies especially of this season (and of many before) are anything to go by. A level playing field for ALL teams in Scotland regarding disciplinary matters is utterly essential, but somehow is seemingly impossible. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                          Update: it appears that the SPFL have seen sense, after only a week of absolutely everyone in Scotland telling them that both semis at Hampden on the same day was a dangerous, unworkable logistical nightmare:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45739578
                          It hasn't stopped the Blessed Brendan moaning about it though; he's not chuffed that Celtic have lost home advantage. For a club whose fans like to sing about knowing your history, someone really should have had a word in his shell-like and reminded him that Celtic rented Hampden Park for an entire season back in the 94-95 season, culminating in them winning the Scottish Cup at the aforementioned stadium. And more recently they also used Murrayfield for European games.

Any gossip on the new Dundee Utd manager? Maybe Alan Stubbs will get it - I really hope Saints inserted a clause in his sacking which says if he gets a new job anytime this season, we get to offload his dozen or so shite signings to his new club. And that's non-negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                            It hasn't stopped the Blessed Brendan moaning about it though; he's not chuffed that Celtic have lost home advantage. For a club whose fans like to sing about knowing your history, someone really should have had a word in his shell-like and reminded him that Celtic rented Hampden Park for an entire season back in the 94-95 season, culminating in them winning the Scottish Cup at the aforementioned stadium. And more recently they also used Murrayfield for European games.

Any gossip on the new Dundee Utd manager? Maybe Alan Stubbs will get it - I really hope Saints inserted a clause in his sacking which says if he gets a new job anytime this season, we get to offload his dozen or so shite signings to his new club. And that's non-negotiable.
                            I've seen former United player Billy McKinlay getting a mention or two - not sure if there's any substance to this or whether it's just the former-player syndrome kicking in.

Comment

Turned on the TV, and it was still on BT sports, from my abortive effort to watch Ireland's answer to Paris Hilton get a good beating. Celtic are 5-0 up at st johnstone and it's just at the start of the second half, and a st johnstone player has just been given a straight red card for an utterly ridiculous foul. He may as well have reached into the ref's pocket and waved the red card at himself.

Comment

Dundee Utd appoint Robbie Neilson as their new manager, who was the bookies favourite so no real surprise there. He's saying all the things the fans want to hear, but I'm sure the guy before him and the one before him said the same. If Jim McIntyre applies for, but doesn't get, the Thistle job then he really should just accept that nobody wants him.

Diddy Cup this weekend. It's Friday night under the lights at Gayfield, when Arbroath kick things off against Edinburgh City. And it's all live on BBC Alba.

Of the 5 foreign teams still involved, 4 have been drawn against one another - Bohemians v Sutton Utd and Connah's Quay Nomads v Coleraine, which guarantees at least 2 of them in the quarter-finals. Is this the year the Diddy Cup finally leaves Scottish shores?

Comment

Jim McIntyre hasn't looked much cop without Uncle Roy MacGregor's bottomless money pit. And even then, other Staggie managers spent the money more wisely.

Really sorry to see Arch go - he will forever be a Thistle legend - but it just wasn't working last season or this. God knows who well end up with, just hoping it isn't Yogi Fucking Hughes or Ratnamara.

Comment

Jim McIntyre hasn't looked much cop without Uncle Roy MacGregor's bottomless money pit. And even then, other Staggie managers spent the money more wisely.

Really sorry to see Arch go - he will forever be a Thistle legend - but it just wasn't working last season or this. God knows who well end up with, just hoping it isn't Yogi Fucking Hughes or Ratnamara.
                                    Not sure that bottomless money pit is fair. County have hardly signed the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, etc and their signings seemed pretty much on par with similar clubs, i.e. Bottom 6 last year. Having said that the appointment of Owen Coyle was dreadful.

Comment

No, they didn't sign Neymar; but every time they got into relegation bother in the top division they were able to buy half-a-dozen players in January while their relegation rivals at the time were only able to sign one or maybe two. It didn't matter who they were trying to overtake at the foot of the table (Accies, Thistle, Killie, Caley or St.Mirren), the pattern was always exactly the same.

Comment

No, they didn't sign Neymar; but every time they got into relegation bother in the top division they were able to buy half-a-dozen players in January while their relegation rivals at the time were only able to sign one or maybe two. It didn't matter who they were trying to overtake at the foot of the table (Accies, Thistle, Killie, Caley or St.Mirren), the pattern was always exactly the same.
                                        Sorry Blameless I have to disagree with that assessment.

Comment

Diddy Cup Update:

League Two leaders Edinburgh City kicked things off in fine style with a 4-1 thumping of League One leaders, Arbroath, which would have been a treat for the watching BBC Alba viewers and no doubt the millions watching worldwide on their illegal streams.

I was hoping the two colts teams would finally bite the dust, and St Mirren duly obliged losing 4-2 at home to Queens Park, despite taking a 2nd minute lead. Unfortunately Motherwell failed to read the script and progressed to the quarter-finals with a 2-0 win at home to Sligo Rovers. In the all-foreign affairs, Bohemians beat Sutton Utd on penalties after a scoreless draw, and Connah's Quay Nomads beat Coleraine 2-0.

Ross County easily saw off Montrole 3-1, East Fife had a great 2-0 win at home to Queen of the South whilst the biggest crowd of the round made their way to East End Park, where 1469 fans witnessed Dunfermline and Alloa play out a 2-2 draw before Alloa went n to win the shootout 5-4.

The quarter-final draw's on Tuesday.

Is anyone heading along to Hampden later this evening? No Ronaldo for Portugal, a Scotland team falling apart at the seams and playing at a venue that nobody likes. And the cheapest adult ticket appears to be 30 quid!! It could be a four-figure crowd tonight.

Comment

As mentioned on another thread my granddaughter has won two tickets for tonight in an art competition. I wouldn't normally give any cash to these useless SFA fuckers, so, it's a bit of a tongue bite for me. At least the only thing I'll be paying for is a programme.

Hoping Motherwell can draw a home tie against either Bohemians or Nomads on Tuesday. Just under 1000 there yesterday which isn't too bad.

Comment

That's a weird prize for anything, never mind a kids' art competition.

<blows dust off joke>

What was second prize, 4 tickets for tonight?

Comment

HA Probably. It was a Nil By Mouth competition. I don't think they can even give these tickets away.

Comment

Yeah, a Sunday night friendly for 30 quid's hardly inspiring even without taking recent performances into account - can't see much of a walk up either (if they even still do tickets on the gate).

Comment

19,684 was the official attendance according to the match report on the SFA website. That's a lot of free tickets given away.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X