No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still nothing to separate the teams after a goalless 1st leg of the Premiership playoff, so it's all back to Paisley on Sunday for another 90 minutes of goalless action.

I listened to the Radio Scotland podcast of the aftermatch reactions and they're all of the opinion that Utd are the better team, their manager sounds more positive and the pressure's more on Saints this Sunday as the Premiership team who have to deliver. That was only our 2nd clean sheet away from home this season, so I'll happily take the 0-0 and roll on Sunday!

But before that, all eyes are on Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup Final. Bring the kids, bring the grandparents for the Family Final as Celtic take on.....oh, wait a minute. Yes, Hearts face the team that brings out the worst in quite a few of their supporters, and as a special treat, are also being managed by the one bloke that brings out the worst in quite a few of their supporters. Yeah, probably best to leave the kids & the elderly at home for this fixture.

Comment

Ooo good. How long will it last though?

Comment

Tom Daly would be proud of that dive. Bollocks.

Comment

Fuck. That's that then.

Comment

Fucking shit.

Comment

Oh well, at least the thread title was prescient...

Comment

Celtic get their obligatory penalty when they needed it most. Jambos played well but got punished big time with their mistakes. Still, it was a great finish for the winning goal.

Comment

I was out all day so recorded Sportscene. Said to Ms F as the clock ticked down- “I think Hearts must equalise as it’s only been 15 mins highlights...”
                  was the game poor? Do they only get 15 mins of rights? Wtf?!

Comment

Watched extra time of St Mirren v Dundee United and it was bizarre all round. The visitors should have had two men sent off and inexplicably got away with them both then the hosts received what seemed a harsh red card.

Dundee United didn't manage to score even one of their four penalties and, while I don't think it had any effect, surely St Mirren's ball boys shouldn't have been allowed to dance around right behind the goal to try and put the opposing penalty takers off.

Comment

Fuck, that was tense! We were on the end of some rotten decisions there, but what a performance from our keeper saving all of Utd's penalties. Utd's keeper was by far the busier of the two during the 120 minutes and we created a good few chances but lacked the compsure to score and put the game to bed. Great finish from wee Danny Mullen only minutes after Utd had taken the lead, which looked to knock the stuffing out of Utd.

Considering the car crash of a squad assembled by Alan Stubbs, Oran Kearney and the players have done an amazing job to stay up. Commiserations, Felicity - it's a shit way to lose. I'm not going to gloat, as this time next year the two clubs could easily be swapping places.

Comment

I'm in Glasgow for work next Sunday evening and notice that the Juniors Cup Final is at Hamilton Accies ground in the afternoon. I presume I can pay on the gate (previous crowds for it look decent but not a sell out) and getting back in to Glasgow afterwards is pretty simple?

Comment

Hamilton is just a few stops, maybe half an hour outside the city proper on a commuter line from Glasgow Central that has a halt right by the stadium, that shouldn't be an issue. The ground is one of those hellish 3 sided things, but I can't imagine it's sold out, you should be fine.
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 27-05-2019, 23:23.

Comment

Commiserations to FIGS btw.

Comment

Working...
                            X