No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has the recruitment skills of Tommy Craig and the man management of Alex Rae. It is also unclear what they hell he is trying to achieve with players he has (Murray). If he can fix a roof like John Coughlin we've got the set.

Telling Cammy Smith to leave with the calibre of the current squad should be a sacking offence. Unfortunately he has a three year contract so keep an eye on promotion from the second division. Hopefully Arbroath and Forfar for what may give us some days out to look forward to.

The feel good factor was gone in May when the board, with supposed fan representation, decided to fuck over the South stand season ticket holders. And the new strip is shite and the same template that Thistle were relegated in. Other than that it's nice to have a whole season to look forward to.

Comment

I’d forgotten about seeing this at Hibs’ opening league game the other week. It might be well known but I presume this is Steven Whitaker’s car?

I also presume he doesn’t park it around Edinburgh much.

Comment

Welcome back AMMS.

Not exactly Levein’s number 1 fan but I hope he recovers speedily from whatever happened.

Comment

RobM is back, AMMS is back - and so are EBT's!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45322276

Ah, it's just like the old days....

Comment

And now Paul Hartley's gone from Falkirk, with the Bairns proudly propping up the Championship table with an impressive zero points. Hartley certainly steadied the ship last season after they sacked Peter Houston, and I can see the similarities between his short time at Falkirk and Alex Rae's at St Mirren, although I think Rae lasted 6 games before he was punted. But now Falkirk have to get this next appointment right as they could very easily get relegated this season.

Expect to see the usual names flying around - Yogi Hughes, Jim Duffy, David Hopkin, Jim McIntyre/Billy Dodds. Alan Stubbs will be getting very nervous in case Kenny Miller applies, as Stubbs appears to be gambling everything on young Kenny (the player) to fire the Buds to safety.

Comment

Miller’s behaviour is doing nothing to dissuade me that Scottish players are often on the nosebag.

Comment

Normally when you say that this isn't the first time this has happened it indicates something that's not that unusual but enough to merit comment.

This is properly mental and it's happened in that very goal before.

Last edited by RobM; 02-09-2018, 07:38.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                  Normally when you say that this isn't the first time this has happened it indicates something that's not that unusual but enough to merit comment.

This is properly mental and it's happened in that very goal before.

I take it you're meaning the game v Dundee United ? That was even worse as Paddy Connolly picked the ball up after it had went into the net and handed it to the goalie - who then kicked it away in disgust. And Les Mottram waved play-on !
                  Last edited by Stobart; 02-09-2018, 08:14.

Comment

All set fae Fae Girders? After our uninspiring starts at home and in Europe I dont see too many probs for the Doonhamers

Comment

Originally posted by Stobart View Post
                      I take it you're meaning the game v Dundee United ? That was even worse as Paddy Connolly picked the ball up after it had went into the net and handed it to the goalie - who then kicked it away in disgust. And Les Mottram waved play-on !
                      Always worth watching again (1:10 in or thereabouts):

Comment

Schoolboy error. It was Martin Clark who handed the ball to his own keeper. Paddy Connolly was the United player who's shot had clearly gone over the line and rebounded from the stanchion inside the goal.

Comment

Aye, it was a bit special from Mottram.

Comment

Why are Sutton and Boreham Wood in the Irn-Bru?

Comment

Same reason Bohs are,we're away to Peterhead next week

Comment

I remember back when that Thistle goal was missed by Les Mottram, and Gerry McNee saying it was Thistle's fault as they still had the old-style goal-frame which they should have upgraded, which would have prevented such a scenario. I wonder how he'll manage to take the contrarian view for the new version?

But just how difficult is it to get it so wrong? The other week I was listening to Open All Mics and Inverness got a penalty against Ayr. So they went live to the reporter who confidently said "and up he steps.....and scores! 1-0 to Inverness". 10 minutes later she's back on saying "eh, see that penalty I said Inverness had scored, well, eh, they actually missed it and it's still 0-0".

Can someone please tell me that the 4 goals Hearts scored against St Mirren before half-time on Saturday were all missed by the officials and radio/tv and we actually won 1-0.

Comment

Both myself and JDSX were at the Partick Thistle v Morton game and neither of us could work out why the goal was disallowed. You can usually tell by the reaction of the opposition players if it has gone in or not and the Morton players certainly seemed to indicate it was a goal....right up until the moment they realized the referee had got it wrong and they got a free kick from it.

Comment

So the ref gave a free-kick to Morton? The video upthread seemed to suggest a throw-in had been given, which made absolutely no sense at all.

Comment

I'm not surprised that an SFA-trained referee could make a mistake that bad.

I'm also not surprised that two mistakes of that nature could occur in the same corner of the same goal at the same end of Firhill, 25 years apart.

What I am surprised by, is that a referee could make that calamitous a fuck-up in a Thistle game and it not have an adverse effect on the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
                                        So the ref gave a free-kick to Morton? The video upthread seemed to suggest a throw-in had been given, which made absolutely no sense at all.
                                        Throw-in was it? Well that makes even less sense that a free kick. To be honest we were so perplexed at what had happened no-one knew what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                                          Throw-in was it? Well that makes even less sense that a free kick. To be honest we were so perplexed at what had happened no-one knew what to think.
                                          After the ball bounced back out from the goal a defender booted it into touch. The referee and linesman must both have thought the ball hadn't crossed the line, and you can see the linesman flagging for a throw in to Thistle. Easy mistake to make...........
                                          Last edited by Stobart; 03-09-2018, 19:40.

Comment

Easy mistake to make...........
                                            Hahahahaha. Yes, as Paul S says, we were at the opposite end, and could see the net ripple after the ball hit the underside of the crossbar....it's clearly visible in the youtube clip. Initially I thought it must have been offside (a player in an offside position blocking the goalie's view or something, which would perhaps have been understandable and difficult to judge from where we were), but, incredibly, the ball never crossed the line! And, as Paul says, the Morton players all clearly believed it was a goal....

Comment

but, incredibly, the ball never crossed the line! ....[/QUOTE]

In the slim off-chance that you're not winding me up jdsx - it hit the underside of the bar, then the net, and then out ! Everybody except the officials knows it's a goal. Not one player from either team reacted as if it hadn't gone in.

Comment

Sorry, Stobart, I can see I wasn't clear.... the ball clearly hit the back of the net (but if the referee says it wasn't a goal, it wasn't a goal..... hahahahaha hahahahaha)

Comment

And I see Stubbs has been sacked from St. Mirren already....

Comment

What's David Hopkin like? Being announced tomorrow at Bradford City

Comment

Working...
                                                    X