Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerrard has gone to Villa

Comment

I thought he'd hold out for the Man U job.

Comment

The Adventures of Stevie G

Matty Cash I want you, Matty Cash I need you oh

Comment

Scottish football is fucked if Villa is a step up from Rangers.

Comment

Scottish football has been fucked in that sense for a fair while, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              Yeah, that has been the case for decades.

Comment

IIRC, last years Old Firm featured a matchup between Scott Arfield and Shane Duffy. Last seen in the Championship in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  Scottish football has been fucked in that sense for a fair while, no?
                  Fucked for a long, long time. Last team to win the league, other than Rangers and Celtic, was Aberdeen in 1985/86. Years ago although those two were winning titles, the points differential was often very marginal. Now those are miles and miles of the rest, although this season, things have started a bit tighter normal service was starting to resume. Hopefully Stevie G’s departure can unsettle things a wee bit more.

Comment

Of course it is a step up. Just like Leicester is a step up from Celtic. You are aware of the comparative wealth of each league?

Comment

What I found interesting was learning that Rangers's "matchday revenue" is about three times that of Villa.

Comment

John Terry and Frank Lampard both in the frame to be next to boost their credentials with Rangers in the crofters league.

The rest of the SPL is pretty much Div 3/4 standard, or lower judging from Scunny's recruitment from the lesser teams over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          What I found interesting was learning that Rangers's "matchday revenue" is about three times that of Villa.
                          That's interesting seeing as both grounds are fairly similar in size. More executive boxes at Greyskull charging top whack for lashings of Succulent Lamb?

Comment

Or Creative Accounting going on somewhere.

Comment

European matches may also be a factor

[https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1333303950066524161?s=21/

Comment

Assuming Gerrard is ultimately seeking an opportunity back to Liverpool it was pointless him staying at Rangers. Lampard got back to Chelsea by not doing much at Derby. And OK nobody quite understands their managerial selection process but feels safe to say winning Scotland premier title after 3 years in charge counts for less than that.

Comment

Gerrard is one of my all time favourite players.
                                  I do not want him managing Liverpool though.

Comment

Lampard definitely being talked about to take over at Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                      John Terry and Frank Lampard both in the frame to be next to boost their credentials with Rangers in the crofters league.

The rest of the SPL is pretty much Div 3/4 standard, or lower judging from Scunny's recruitment from the lesser teams over the past few years.
                                      The Cumdog wasn't good enough for Salop apparently but is scoring regularly for Dundee.

Chris Doidge is playing for Hibernian and ignored by the Wales set up which calls up youth academy players from the English football league.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                        Gerrard is one of my all time favourite players.
                                        I do not want him managing Liverpool though.
                                        He effectively did, in 2014, which didn't ultimately turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          Lampard definitely being talked about to take over at Norwich.
                                          Not now - Frank Lampard: Former Chelsea boss pulls out of Norwich talks - BBC Sport . JT, Delia and Stephen Fry could make it very interesting at Carrow Road, but more probably, it'll mean that Dean Smith won't be unemployed for too long (and deservedly so after his shabby treatment by Villa).

Comment

He'll be a far better fit than Lampard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post

Frank Lampard: Former Chelsea boss pulls out of Delia and Stephen Fry.
                                              Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

The Cumdog wasn't good enough for Salop apparently but is scoring regularly for Dundee.
                                                your point is a good one, about the relative standards/expectations...but NOBODY has been scoring regularly for Dundee!

Comment

Dean Smith looks set to become the new Norwich boss.

Comment

Play Gilmour ya bas.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X