No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never encountered who dis either. I don't really understand what it's supposed to convey

Comment

That you've replaced your mobile telephone, and the new one doesn't have your contacts in it (presumably because you didn't think to save them to the SIM instead of the phone? This is the bit I've never quite got as even when I had ancient shonky phones this was never actually an issue), so you don't know who the message you've just received is from.

Comment

OK but how does it fit into a kit announcement?

Comment

It's just riffing on the word "new"?

Comment

Apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              They must have been up all night coming up with that gem.

Comment

It's a 30 something advertising person trying to guess what might appeal to 15-25 year olds innit?

Comment

I did find the text on the tweet a bit cringe, nice kits though, eh?

Comment

Yeah. Leaving aside the shite announcement, that's rather lush.

Comment

I think the new Salop away shirt is pink. Hard to tell.

Comment

Dennis the Menace. Always good to see.

Comment

I might buy one. I have enough blue and amber shirts and I don't want the yellow striped offering. If all go3s according to plan I might see an away game before a home game this season and it would be fun to have the right top on for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                            Oh and also, are Liverpool the only side to wear quarters in an FA Cup final?
                            No- I can't believe you overlooked Old Etonians in 1882 and 1883.

Comment

Sevilla seem to have introduced pinstripes this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                I think the new Salop away shirt is pink. Hard to tell.

I like that but I am not as adverse to recoloured badges as others, I think.

Comment

Haywards Heath Town steal Oxford's beauty of a shirt from a couple of seasons ago for their change kit.
                                  The continuation of the sash across the back is to be commended (IMHO):

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                    To be fair, that's missing a few steps. Sam's explanation of the original line is right... but then it's been a much more gradual creep from there to lots of people using the line in (predominantly) social posts for other changes in their situation... "new look, who dis?", "new job, who dis?", "new house, who dis?' ...before Dulwich have used it for the kit launch. So, Dulwich are picking up on that trend rather than making the big leap themselves.

If any of you old-timers need any more help with what the kids are saying these days just hit me up, yeah?
                                    *turns baseball cap back to front and heads down the skate-park*

Comment

It started out as a gag I think, a screenshot of a long and emotional text message, followed by the reply, 'new phone, who dis'.

Comment

It was first used unironically, at least here, but really took off with examples of that sort

Comment

Comment

Well, it's not as bad as the home kit...but those sleeves, and the V-neck, WTF.

Comment

The Hayward’s Heath one is lush.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                Well, it's not as bad as the home kit...but those sleeves, and the V-neck, WTF.
                                                The most glaring thing to me is

AW
                                                AY

Is away too long to fit on one line?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post

The most glaring thing to me is

AW
                                                  AY

Is away too long to fit on one line?
                                                  I read it as what the player is saying, judging by his delighted expression: "Aw, ay! Look at my new top!"

Comment

I really think a True Colours illustration should be a legal requirement for any kit launch ;

https://twitter.com/hrbfc/status/1427688805927165954?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X