Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

I presume this is the one NS has posted about in shock on the current season's thread?

I really hope it's the actual match shirt but it does look more like a piece of training kit.

“If you stop us joining the Super League we’ll have you stare at this for a whole season!”

Fans of 5 other clubs are now holding their breaths in fear.

Comment

Yes, that's the thing.

It can't be something that they're actually, you know, going to wear during games.

Can it?

Comment

Are the 90s back?

Comment

That looks exactly like the patterns I see right before I get a migraine and have to lie down for a week.

Comment

If the internet hive mind has decided shirts like these were, in fact, not horrible, then football fans deserve all they get.

Comment

All of World-conquering Liverpool's problems this season began when they started dressing as Wales. I'm just leaving that out there.

Comment

Especially as they're cosplaying as the Welsh rugby team.

That might explain their wayward shooting this season, at least,
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-04-2021, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                  Yes, that's the thing.

It can't be something that they're actually, you know, going to wear during games.

Can it?
                  I'm wondering how I'd respond if that was presented as the new Wimbledon shirt, given that the large amount of yellow trim (which is the factor that makes me think it might not be the match shirt) makes it look far more like a Dons jersey than a Chelsea one.

Without the checkerboard effect on the left of it I'd be alright with it, truth be told.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-04-2021, 17:31.

Comment

I especially look forward to the extensive backstory about how and why that shirt is reflective of Chelsea. The zig-zags for the river, the checker-board to reflect the ska of Chelsea acolyte Suggs?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                      I especially look forward to the extensive backstory about how and why that shirt is reflective of Chelsea. The zig-zags for the river, the checker-board to reflect the ska of Chelsea acolyte Suggs?
                      Nah, it's cos it's shit and will annoy everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Nah, it's cos it's shit and will annoy everyone else.
                        Perhaps this anticipates the next phase of Manchester United challenges as people in the crowd wear the same shirt as the players. Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          All of World-conquering Liverpool's problems this season began when they started dressing as Wales. I'm just leaving that out there.
                          The return of the fabled green trim hasn't inspired Walsall to new heights of achievement either.

Comment

That's because it's a Portugal shade of green rather than a normal green, green.

Comment

I think that shade is called "Cursed Moss" in the Farrow & Ball catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                was just about to say that,i wonder what absolute drivel we'll get with regards to what the "inspiration" behind this monstrosity is

Comment

This is allegedly the new Man City first shirt, with the timing of Aguero's title-winning goal inside the collar to commemorate its tenth anniversary at the end of next season ;

Comment

It certainly achieves the low bar of being better than this year’s shirt, though that is about all.

Comment

If I had one rule for football shirts it would be to avoid v-necks. They only really work for particularly athletic body types (and I'd argue not even really then), otherwise they're typically unflattering.

Comment

I've heard rumours that the Chelsea shorts will carry the same pattern as the shirt too.

Edit: here we are:
                                        Last edited by andrew7610; 27-04-2021, 14:37.

Comment

I think it would look worse if they didn't.

Comment

I'm definitely getting a Crazy Gang Wimbledon vibe with the yellow trim

Comment

That Chelsea kit would be bad enough if it only had one garish pattern on it. But two mismatched ones? Yeeeesh.

And that Man City kit doesn't really look like a Man City kit. It would work for Napoli, or Forfar, or as a Marseille change kit, but it doesn't look very Cityish somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                I think you'll find that Wales' "Look at us we're all under water" aqua away kit was the biggest selling kit in European football history, you must remember that great team of nearlymen jouirneymen that were denied qualification for the 2005 European Championship when they lost 3-2 against Croatia thanks to a hatrick of Rhys Weston own goals.

You sound like you are casually disowning Liverpool's proud history by overlooking two very important facts; 1. Liverpool only chose red as their main shirt colour as a tribute to the people what built Toxteth's streets. 2. They chose an all-red kit as a tribute to Nerys Hughes, Rhyl's Queen of Hearts.

Comment

Looks like side/under arm panels are a thing. Again.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X