No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we covered Bayern's third shirt "inspired by Munich's mountainous surroundings" yet?

https://twitter.com/fcbayernen/status/1427553326728630272?s=21
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-08-2021, 19:50.

Comment

Comment

They are wearing it tonight against BvB in the SuperCup

It is impossible to "read" in play, so the launch photos are actually quite helpful

An explanation of the somewhat tortured (to me) Mia San Mia here:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...otto-mean-4947

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          I think the new Salop away shirt is pink. Hard to tell.

OK two things
          1) this kit got slagged off as "hideous" by the Portsmouth commentary team last night
          2) apparently it's been nicknamed the "LGBT celtic" kit

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            They are wearing it tonight against BvB in the SuperCup

It is impossible to "read" in play, so the launch photos are actually quite helpful

An explanation of the somewhat tortured (to me) Mia San Mia here:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...otto-mean-4947
            Mia San Mia has been on the shirt (in little letters) for several seasons now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              apparently it's been nicknamed the "LGBT celtic" kit
              That makes even less sense when you consider that, a) Celtic have already had a stripy pink shirt a few years ago, and b) it sold very well across all of their support (male, female, straight, gay, you name it)

Comment

I have a vague feeling the "nickname" is homophobic tbh

Comment

Siri, show me "mailing it in"

https://twitter.com/karan_tejwani26/status/1428048983667130368?s=21

Comment

Just came to post this, fucking hell!

https://twitter.com/pumafootball/status/1428048723414818817?s=21

Comment

The - *ahem* - sublimated badge makes this every so slightly better than the absolute horror I had on first seeing it. Or maybe it was the passage of time and everyone on here trying to convince me it must be a fake because it was so awful.

I think the layers must be laughing at it. Strangely it has not been well received.

Comment

Stating the blindingly obvious here, but those Puma kits are shite, lazy and utterly insulting.

The vendors of knock-off gear outside Ibrox, Anfield or the San Siro put in more effort than that.

Comment

Using "Man City" rather than the club's actual full name makes theirs the worst.

I bought a generic (though official) Wales Euros t shirt from Sports Direct for £2.50 the other day that has a higher standard of design :

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Using "Man City" rather than the club's actual full name makes theirs the worst.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if this is influenced by the website, and I was a little surprised it wasn't ManCity.com. Saving that for next year I guess.

Comment

Watching EFL on Quest, which I didn't know existed. Like the W Brom shirt, even tho it isn't a W Brom shirt (it's 1998 Yugoslavia)

Comment

Tho Clinton Morrison's shirt/jaiket combo wins the day

Comment

And when did Millwall start wearing Scotland/Falkirk blue rather than royal blue?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                    The - *ahem* - sublimated badge makes this every so slightly better than the absolute horror I had on first seeing it. Or maybe it was the passage of time and everyone on here trying to convince me it must be a fake because it was so awful.

I think the layers must be laughing at it. Strangely it has not been well received.

Ha ha ha ha

Comment

It is a return to the colour they wore for their first 50 years

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Millwall/Millwall.htm

Comment

Fair enough (racist cunts)

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Ha ha ha ha
                                          I can only hope that someone in the club looks at the sales and decides to basically abandon playing in the third kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                            And when did Millwall start wearing Scotland/Falkirk blue rather than royal blue?
                                            It's officially "Dundee blue", no? The club was formed by Scottish dockers, as I recall.

Edit : ah, wiki and UA's Historical Kits link clarify that it was Scottish workers and a food processing/cannery company.
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-08-2021, 22:30.

Comment

I wasn't going to call it (Fuck the) Dees blue, now, was I..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                Have we covered Bayern's third shirt "inspired by Munich's mountainous surroundings" yet?

https://twitter.com/fcbayernen/status/1427553326728630272?s=21
                                                Ah, good old Mount Wank.

Comment

All of those Puma third kits are unspeakably bad. We all know we come to the new kits thread year after year to laugh at the shit ones more than to comment on the nice ones (not that the nice ones aren't a draw at all), but those things are so bad Puma ought to be banned from being allowed to make football kits with immediate effect. In fact the company should be dissolved. They're lazy and unimaginative and actively insulting to the fans and indeed to the clubs who've entrusted Puma with kitting them out (seriously, can you imagine the faces of the staff and players when they first saw them?).

As someone who doesn't support one of the teams affected I obviously think they're hilarious. But seriously, the person who designed them is stealing a living. The rest of us can only dream of having the solid brass swingers it must have taken to sketch that and then type out the email. 'Boss, here's the new third kit template. Think you'll really like what I've done with it ...'

Comment

(Also, in that tweet Ray's embedded above, what's with the bits of ... coloured tape(?) all over each shirt?)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X