Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Looks like something Macron would try and foist us with in a multiple choice "least worst option" kind of way when the WST were still in control.

Comment

Ireland's new home kit. The strip aims to capture the emotive feeling that the Irish diaspora feels when they get their first sight of home soil flying back into Ireland. The world famous (it says here) 40 shades of green, the unsystematic shapes and varying sizes of the fields of our homeland are the focal parts in the jerseys' design.

Comment

Whereas all I can think of is how absolutely fuck-off-massive those cuffs are.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
          Ireland's new home kit. The strip aims to capture the emotive feeling that the Irish diaspora feels when they get their first sight of home soil flying back into Ireland. The world famous (it says here) 40 shades of green, the unsystematic shapes and varying sizes of the fields of our homeland are the focal parts in the jerseys' design.

I can't help feeling that "charming field patterns" would have worked better than "unsystematic shapes and varying sizes of the fields."

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            I can't work out if this is a new kit for Wales women and men (that the former have the honour of unveiling on International Women's Day) or if they will have separate kits from now on.
            Noel Mooney talks about this from 36 minutes on the Elis James podcast - confirming that they are going to have distinct kits - and that the idea of having distinct identities for the men's and women's teams is an experiment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0btn13h

Comment

Interesting that finally the kit is now sold to the general public without sponsor. It has been sold to the fans with a sponsor for as long as I can remember, since Italia 90 at least. So I never bought one, because a national kit with a sponsor looks dumb.

If it didn't have such a shit design I might even consider it.

Comment

This is an absolute work of art. Isn't the account run by a (perhaps former) OTFer?

https://twitter.com/museumofjerseys/status/1503731538009149449?s=21

Comment

denishurley was the chap. Haven't seen him in these parts for a while, which is a real shame.

Comment

Thanks Kevin and Ray, I'm still here occasionally but without as much time to post. Or perhaps without anything interesting to say

Comment

This is appalling, and another reason why PSG need folding.

https://football-italia.net/psg-x-jo...-shirt-review/

Comment

Brave of the writer of that piece to put their name to it given that it should lead to him being a social pariah.

Comment

Not to mention a plagiarism charge given how much of the marketing copy he has pinched

Comment

Walsall have to sneak in the red shirt with the green shorts before the end of the season.

Comment

And don't PSG already have a mostly white change shirt? The one with the broken pink and black stripe in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                And don't PSG already have a mostly white change shirt? The one with the broken pink and black stripe in the middle?
                                That isn't a Jordan.

Comment

Confirmed.

Note the "swoosh" rather than the "jump man".

Comment

But for the purpose it is meant to serve, it doesn't solve any more clashes bar the remote possibilty of playing a team that wears navy blue and pink and I somehow doubt they'll be up against Dulwich Hamlet any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Confirmed.

Note the "swoosh" rather than the "jump man".
                                      I saw someone in Harrow wearing that this afternoon.

Comment

We haven't put the clocks forward yet and Inverness Caledonian Thistle have launched their 2022/23 home kit. The shadow print text is the lyrics to their "Inverness Is Wonderful" song. They must use different words in Scotland from the version of that tune I regularly hear.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                          But for the purpose it is meant to serve, it doesn't solve any more clashes bar the remote possibilty of playing a team that wears navy blue and pink and I somehow doubt they'll be up against Dulwich Hamlet any time soon.
                                          No no no. The purpose is to generate money and to look good with jeans (plus the appeal of the jump man)

Comment

Quick, start the new thread!

Comment

We haven't put the clocks forward yet and Inverness Caledonian Thistle have launched their 2022/23 home kit. The shadow print text is the lyrics to their "Inverness Is Wonderful" song. They must use different words in Scotland from the version of that tune I regularly hear.

I clearly need to start a new thread!

Comment

Digging up the old thread, as Wycombe wore a special charity kit for Ukraine yesterday. I can't decide if it's odd timing due to the conflict being nearly two months old now, or quite apt as a reminder, given that most charity efforts appear to have trailed off.

Either way, I think the timing was due to the lead time for the kit production.

Comment

It's now confusing as to which season's gallery a shirt belongs to. Juve are debuting this fourth shirt at home to Bologna today. I've seen mention that it is specifically for this season so no idea how long it will be worn for or how often :

https://twitter.com/shirtinabox1/status/1515374616281329678?s=21&t=Y5aJsiIKC0pcUeL6UhgsXg

Comment

Both clubs in ridiculous kits

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1515379251201167363?s=21&t=a_8ZQD9lt5rUS3Lo2qo8SA

Comment

Working...
                                                    X