No announcement yet.

Such A Dazzling Kit Of Many Colours - Shirt Gallery 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doncaster will be wearing this tomorrow...

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
    For the past four or five years Doncaster's 3rd shirt has been produced to support CALM and men's mental health, with our main shirt sponsor (currently LNER) donating their shirt space for the charity. This is this season's effort, a blacked out kit, apparently produced in co-operation with a number of local musicians. The idea being that the signs of mental health aren't always visible on the surface.

Design-wise I don't think much to it, but as a concept I like it, as it's likely to get noticed beyond Doncaster in the game its worn in, helping to prompt discussions about CALM and their aims.

Bit galling to see Coppinger on the pitch wearing it mind, at a time when we're crying out for him to be involved on the field in a playing capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
      QPR are celebrating their 140th birthday (lightweights) by wearing this against West Brom tomorrow.

I'm not sure it's clear in that photo but there is a street map of Queen's Park sublimated in the shirt's design :

Comment

Somehow I doubt that was on the original either.

I wonder if we'll be playing with the 1882 commemorative ball too?

Comment

the sublimated map I saw. the Need for Ashville Holdings to extract that last two quid of value I didn’t get.

Comment

I wonder if my old house is on there

Comment

Arsenal Transport for London Jersey & Collection Released

Comment

The new Kerry GAA kit is rank - the crest elements add nothing to the shirt, it should be a darker shade of green, and the "KERRY" sans "GROUP" on the gold band makes the whole jersey look like a fake rip-off from Penneys:

Comment

Southampton are releasing a one-off kit to raise money for their own Saints Foundation which celebrates 20 years this weekend - the men will wear it in the FA Cup against Coventry and the women in their League Cup tie versus Hashtag United, and a limited run of replicas go on sale at £99 a pop. Its not the most inspired design...

Comment

https://twitter.com/alexdunnesf/status/1495456431449034762?s=21

Comment

Karlsruhe wearing their third away to HSV in the DFB Pokal quarterfinals

It is a "tribute" to the colours of Baden and has been lucky for them so far, as they lead 1-0 at the half.

The shorts and socks are a different shade of yellow, which is enervating.

Comment

I can't work out if this is a new kit for Wales women and men (that the former have the honour of unveiling on International Women's Day) or if they will have separate kits from now on.

https://twitter.com/fawales/status/1501124614193356802?s=21

It's a bit dull and seems a little like a training kit, though OK.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-03-2022, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          I can't work out if this is a new kit for Wales women and men (that the former have the honour of unveiling on International Women's Day) or if they will usage separate kits from now on.

It's a bit dull and seems a little like a training kit, though OK.
                          Yeah, I was trying to work that out. It's only available to buy in women's sizes/fit which is curious.

But if it's the men's kit as well seems tokenistic and misleading billing it as "the new Cymru women's kit". If it's not, it seems iffy not to produce it in men's sizes - after all are men not allowed to support the women's team?

Although I notice FAI do this - you can't buy a women's fit version of the men's national team shirt and you can't buy a men's fit version of the women's national team shirt so it might be one of Noel Mooney's bright ideas.

As for the shirt, I quite like it. I think the current Wales shirt is one of the nicer ones they've had so in that sense it's a step down, but I'm a fan. I think the current FAW badge just makes any shirt look smart.

Comment

The labelling on the JD Sport website implies that it is for the men as well, especially on that of the junior shirt ;

Comment

That last photo reinforces that it is very close to the Man U kit, too.

Comment

There has been a similar issue with US women's kits not being available in men's sizes for years, though I think it may have finally been resolved.

It is a particularly striking case of leaving money on the table.

Comment

Yeah, though the FAW website strongly suggests the opposite:

The brand new Cymru women’s kit is now available in-store and online this International Women’s Day.

Launched today (March 8th) the new Cymru home kit is available exclusively online and in local JD stores and will be worn by the women’s national team for their upcoming home fixtures and is available to buy in women’s fit.

The new adidas bespoke Women’s kit will make its debut when the Cymru side face France in their upcoming FIFA World Cup Qualifying match on Friday the 8th of April at Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli.

Comment

Ah, hadn't seen that. It does seem conclusive.

Comment

Ah, hadn't seen that. It does seem conclusive.
                                      if it is also the men's kit, they've made a complete hash of communicating it and the men's kit launch is going to be very underwhelming.

Comment

I don't like the idea of different design (as opposed to cut) of mens and womens kits. Wales rugby do a separate kit for the sevens and age group sides and it makes them look distinctly second rate.

Comment

That last photo reinforces that it is very close to the Man U kit, too.
                                          Not helped by the very dark green on the trim looking pretty much black on some of the photos.

Comment

I don't like the idea of different design (as opposed to cut) of mens and womens kits. Wales rugby do a separate kit for the sevens and age group sides and it makes them look distinctly second rate.
                                            Depends how connected your teams are... for international sides I agree that it makes much more sense for all teams to have the same kit/identity.

But at the same time I'm still annoyed that Doncaster Rovers Belles have (again) ditched their traditional yellow and blue to have the same kit as the men's Rovers.

Comment

This is really nice and I would go as far as saying that there should be a rule that every london football club has to have a TfL moquette-based away kit. I would buy it if it didn't have the badge and sponsor.

Comment

I don't totally agree. If you're England or the USA you need to produce separate shirts anyway cos one of them has a star/stars on it and the other doesn't.

Comment

That's just an added bit of embroidery though, not the design of the shirt.

Comment

I should actually clarify that I don't really mind the Sevens side having a separate kit (especially as the trend in that format of the sport is for mental designs) so much as the current one they share with the age group sides is crap.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X