The Redbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Redbirds

The club called a meeting with selected supporters tonight and it looks like a recommendation goes to Tan from the rest of the board tomorrow to return to blue and the prominent bluebird.

So, threats of not renewing season tickets & a near empty stadium for one game may achieve a u-turn. If only everyone had done that two and a half years ago...when it might have actually mattered.

Comment

The Redbirds

I should add that the meeting looks like a PR stunt and that the decision seems to have been made prior. It just looks good to make it look like a product of consultation.

Comment

The Redbirds

To an outsider, it looks like the fans have only just realised that their team are in a nasty colour shirt just because the team is no good any more.

Is that fair comment or am I missing something?

Comment

The Redbirds

The remaining fans. A lot stopped going on principle.

Comment

The Redbirds

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: To an outsider, it looks like the fans have only just realised that their team are in a nasty colour shirt just because the team is no good any more.

Is that fair comment or am I missing something?
            Nail on head and I'm afraid those that stopped going on principle originally (as opposed to those who did so as a reaction to relegation/through apathy over poor form) number only in the hundreds.

Comment

The Redbirds

Apparently in the meeting this evening they asked for a show of hands to find out what colour they wanted the club to play in. It truly is a clown car of a football club.

Comment

The Redbirds

Poor Vince Tan, another victim of "mob rule"; prevented from running his business how he sees fit.

Comment

The Redbirds

The Cardiff City fans certainly seem happy over it.

That statement in full:

Friday 9th January 2015

The Christmas and New Year period has given me time to reflect on the events of the last year. Spending time with my family had a profound effect upon me. My mother, Madam Low Siew Beng, a devout Buddhist, who attended Cardiff City Football Club to watch them play, spoke to me on the importance of togetherness, unity and happiness.

Cardiff City Football Club is important to me and I wish to see it united and happy. With the guidance, blessing and influence of my mother, I asked my Chairman, Mehmet Dalman and Chief Executive Officer, Ken Choo for their advice and to consult with a good cross-section of the fan base.

This meeting took place last night, when some seventy representatives of our supporters were present. My thanks and gratitude to those who gave up their evening and time to be there. I am informed that this was a very productive and frank exchange of views, but all with the same objective to strengthen our Club. These views were also added to by a large number of emails that were sent to the Club over the last 24 hours from our wider supporter base.

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy, “Let us never compromise out of fear. But let us never fear to compromise.”

My wish is to unite and make the Club successful and in order to achieve this I fully support the Board’s decision to implement the following changes:

1. Starting from Saturday, 10 January 2015 and until the end of this season, our home kit shall be Blue. Our Away Kit shall be Red. I would like to thank the Football League for their approval to facilitate my request.

2. For the 2015/16 season, Cardiff City’s home kit colour shall be Blue. Our Away Kit colour shall be Red.

3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward.

We will deal with this in due course, with all decisions made in the best interest of the Club.

5. For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices.

I very much hope these steps will bring unity, success and happiness to our Club. The challenge ahead for us is enormous and I truly believe we will overcome these obstacles as a united Club. I believe with divine blessings, Cardiff City Football Club will achieve great success.

Warm regards

Vincent Tan Chee Yioun

BluebirdsTilIDie

Comment

The Redbirds

The majority of Cardiff City fans were perfectly happy with everything Vincent Tan did until they looked likely to plummet out of the Premier League.

If they swallow that bullshit statement and continue to let the club be dictated by Tan's whims then they are still the same old suckers.

Comment

The Redbirds

4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward.
                      Be afraid, be very afraid (not that you haven't been for yonks).

Comment

The Redbirds

Any idea what

I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.
                        means?

Fully expecting the Bluebird to be circling the wheel of life now. Or maybe it will be saying 'Om'.

Comment

The Redbirds

Why? Are they relocating to the south of France?

Comment

The Redbirds

Mumpo wrote: Why? Are they relocating to the south of France?
                            Dunno. Are there a lot of Buddhists in the South of France?

Comment

The Redbirds

It's like the MK Dons moving to Merton and expecting Wimbledon supporters to support them. They sold out their heritage and history and they don't get is back through this. Aside from that, everything Harry said.

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Comment

The Redbirds

Part of the Redbirds stadium blew off in high winds last night.

Will Vinny see this as divine anger at the colour change, given his statement?

Comment

The Redbirds

Well, as Martin Keown said on Football Focus, "Everyone's happy now".

Comment

The Redbirds

Fuck me, really?

Actually, I am happy.

Comment

The Redbirds

Tan United now £174m in debt and counting.

Comment

The Redbirds

How does any football club lose money being in the Premier League? We're all told how bad it is being relegated out of it. But now it looks like a loss-maker just being in it and not being a BRC.

Comment

The Redbirds

Well, by spending more than they should, i.e. terrible financial management. Burning through £100m on wages, transfers, disposals and managers when you are already in debt is plain daft.

This is how to get relegated without bankrupting yourselves. And that's after a couple of seasons in the EPL where Norwich cleared the debt completely.

Comment

The Redbirds

Kevchenko wrote: Well, by spending more than they should, i.e. terrible financial management.
                                            It was more a rhetorical question. But yeah.

It's a complete shambles.

Comment

The Redbirds

It says a lot about Tan United that they manage to make a farcical, amateurish balls-up of trying to restore the club's proper badge;

Ladies & gentlemen, please say hello to Vincent the Worm.

Comment

The Redbirds

What did the pre-Tan badge look like?

Comment

The Redbirds

Varying versions of this :

Which was OK at best but generally popular. Hammam forced this dog's breakfast on us for a few years too :

Comment

The Redbirds

I wonder why?!

The actual story is a bit of a letdown though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X