Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Redbirds

ursus arctos wrote: I dunno.

If you look at the badge, their traditional colours are clearly claret/maroon and white, not red and white. And the Malaysian sponsored jerseys are much more "red" than the badge.

Though an image search indicates that they have been vacillating among various shades for some time.
    Well, that is why I said Tan wouldn't fuck around with it as they are maroon. Typically, that doesn't stop Tan from putting a completely clashing red logo on a maroon kit. The cunt.

Comment

The Redbirds

Sorry, we are at cross-purposes. That kit looks maroon to me. Does it look red to you, ursus?

Comment

The Redbirds

Maybe it is my monitor, but yes, it looks much more red than the colour in the badge.

Compare the colour of the kit to the backgrounds for the Visit Malaysia ad at the bottom and the banner along the top. It's clearly closer to the former than the latter.

Comment

The Redbirds

I'd say that the kit colour is between the badge and the logo. I am not sure what this says but for a colour co-ordination obsessive it is all a touch unsettling.

Comment

The Redbirds

You're among friends here.

We don't judge.

FWIW, it happens to look more maroon on their website.

Comment

The Redbirds

Over half owed to Tan.

Just realised that RDF and Cardiff's last two chairman were Sam Tan. Class.

Comment

The Redbirds

Just to let you know that the schadenfreude on today's result is overflowing amongst us refuseniks.

Comment

The Redbirds

Antepli Ejderha wrote:
                  Originally posted by Harry Truscott
                  Over half owed to Tan.

Just realised that RDF and Cardiff's last two chairman were Sam Tan. Class.
                  Neither of whom is the hero next door.

Comment

The Redbirds

Thumbs up.

Maybe we need to send Dilys Price over to run the club shop - Cardiff can't be far from Pontypandy - she'd soon have the place ablaze and Tan would surely be on his way.

Comment

The Redbirds

The Man City chant today

'You'll do what you're told! You'll do what you're told! You're Cardiff City, you'll wear fucking red.'

Comment

The Redbirds

Those Etihad fans, eh?

Comment

The Redbirds

Janik wrote: Those Etihad fans, eh?
                          Well, there could be, like the Crystal Palace supporters, an irony that Man City supporters took the piss. However, this is a group of supporters whose numbers increased the more they moved down the division. Not only this but they chose to support City while living in the shadow of United.

Comment

The Redbirds

Well played, the Jacks. I hope they perform as well on the pitch this week as off it.

Comment

The Redbirds

Doubt that Harry. Nice and subtle clip that though.

Comment

The Redbirds

Albeit you tried to fuck it up by sacking Laudrup, well done Antepli Ejderha.

Comment

The Redbirds

I don't think Swansea would have won that game under Laudrup. Sacking him could prove to be an excellent move as they were becoming a dysfunctional mess.

They looked far more focused yesterday and were back to playing with their old style. Monk bringing on Hernandez at half time and clearly telling his team to get at the Ladybirds' excerable full backs (didn't Fabio's shocking turn for QPR last season teach them anything?) showed he has some coaching promise.

Comment

The Redbirds

Yeah I suspect there's more to come out about the Laudrup sacking. Swansea are a club that have survived fairly regular managerial turnover impressively over the past decade, after all. And they were excellent in the second half yesterday - as excellent as they have been limp and a bit clueless every other time I've seen them in the past couple of months.

Comment

The Redbirds

Obviously, this is an issue with me not watching any EPL football. I have to say I look at the table and wonder what the fuck is going on.

Comment

The Redbirds

Speaking of sacked managers, the RDF release a pretty bonkers statement smearing the one who is already in a legal dispute with them:

January was a busy month for us; the fixture list was extremely tough, with three away games against Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United. Our shareholders have expressed their support and pleasure to the new management team. Tan Sri Vincent Tan, through the board of directors and with their support, is "encouraged by the work done by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjćr in the January transfer window."

Solskjćr was instrumental in attracting top professionals who have the experience and the willpower to make an immediate impact in the club's desire to maintain its Premier League status. Kenwyne Jones, Fábio da Silva, Mats Mřller Dćhli, Jo Inge Berget, Magnus Wolff Eikrem and free agent Juan Torres Ruiz have joined the club on a permanent basis. Wilfried Zaha joins us on loan from Manchester United. We are delighted with their arrival.

The process was transparent, creating value for the club throughout all of the transactions. For sake of good order and in being transparent, we can confirm that our total outgoing expenses, including transfer fees, levy, agent fees and signing on fees were approximately Ł6 million, less the income of approximately Ł3 million received from the sale of players. This is good business for the club, where all participants were fully informed and an integral part of a process.

There has been a lot of press speculation on the loss incurred by the club due to sales. This unfortunately is true. We took the hard decision to incur these losses for the good of the club. To commit the club to a significant cost and liability over a five year contract for one player is not prudent, especially as he was not to contribute to our success now, but was for the future. Indeed, in the case of Andreas Cornelius, who cost the club in total just under Ł10 million, we realise a large loss in excess of Ł8.5 million, inclusive of transfer fees, salaries, business and compensation paid to player's agents and other miscellaneous expenses.

The key shareholders have made their dissatisfaction of such a huge loss known to the board of directors, which they believe is due to imprudent and careless management undertaken by the previous football management.

The new structure, headed by the Chairman with our new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjćr, has given comfort to our shareholders that the process is prudent, transparent and professional. Our new centre forward Kenwyne Jones scored on his debut to give us three valuable points. On Saturday we are in the fifth round of the FA Cup and wish all of the team much success and good fortune.

Simon Lim
                                        Chief Executive

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/simon-lim-ceo-st atement-feb-13-1357627.aspx#BH4VE34dQTFW8fyr.99
                                        Report message to a moderator

Comment

The Redbirds

Which the LMA swiftly responds to:

The LMA has issued a release following a statement from Cardiff City Chief Executive Simon Lim which criticised the transfer policy of former manager Malky Mackay.

Richard Bevan, Chief Executive of the LMA, said:

"It is most unfortunate that Mr Lim has chosen to speak out in this way. Mr Lim is aware that there is a legal process under way between Malky Mackay and Cardiff City and it is both inappropriate and unprofessional for either party to be making public statements of this nature at this time. Given that Mr Lim has spoken out against Malky Mackay in relation to the acquisition of a player, however, it is only right that the record is put straight on the following two key issues. This is the same Mr Lim to whom, under the specific and express terms of Malky Mackay’s contract of employment with Cardiff City, Malky was obliged to report in respect of all matters pertaining to the transfer of players. This is the same Mr Lim who, when being asked more than once, upon dismissing Malky Mackay, why he was dismissing him, said that he did not know the reason.

"All football clubs at the elite level have systems in place for corporate governance. Cardiff City is no exception. A manager, even in the Premier League, does not go out and "sign" players. All recommendations go to his CEO and board, essentially the Chief Executive on the board's behalf - deals with all financial arrangements to finalise any signings."

It is not intended that any further statement will be issued by or on behalf of Malky Mackay at this stage, unless, of course, the Club continues to make wholly misleading public statements.

Comment

The Redbirds

With credit to Harry

Comment

The Redbirds

“I am not a villain”

Comment

The Redbirds

I have a strong sense of ambivalence about this article.

I wish they wouldn't give this man the oxygen of publicity - and there's nothing new in this interview anyway, just the usual old crap.

But I don't want the destruction of Cardiff City's identity ever to be forgotten either.

Comment

The Redbirds

IT is quite hilarious that there were desperate mentions of a return to blue last week because the club shop in town had an all-blue window and he has come out on TV to quash even that.

Comment

The Redbirds

Football Focus can fuck right off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X