• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Redbirds

about twice as many.

Comment

The Redbirds

I have no doubt that this is true, but ost people remember him as a sub more than anything else. Same with Brian McClair - you say his name and the vast majority of people* think "Oh, yes, McClair, I remember him - 65th minute sub"

(*Based on a sample size of me)

Comment

The Redbirds

McClair lost his regular place some time around 1994, whereupon he became an out-of-condition sweaty midfielder.

He was a pretty good striker for about six years between 1986 and 1992.

Apparently he once went backstage at a Primal Scream gig circa Screamadelica, to be confronted with the sight of the whole lot of them getting stuck into a couple of pounds of cocaine. He got the fuck out of there within seconds, for fear of failing his next drugs test due to what we might call passive snorting.

No wonder poor Throb Young didn't see his 50th birthday.

Comment

The Redbirds

poor brian mcClair. He was the only man utd player to score more than 20 league goals in a season between 1967-68 and 1999-00 and that's all he's remembered for.

I am very impressed that a player who scored so many goals as a striker managed a grand total of 2 in 30 international appearances.

Comment

The Redbirds

And one of those hit the post, bounced back out, and went in off the back of Dmitri Kharin's head.

Comment

The Redbirds

One of the all-time great stag do ideas was spotted out and about in London last night
              The best all-time great stag do ideas disdain fancy dress and hilarious t-shirts, so fuck you Metro.

Comment

The Redbirds

So, Russell Slade then. Quits Orient. Takes a post at Malaysia FC as an 'advisor' while they iron out the row Orient are giving them. Poses for photos on Vinny's yacht with the man himself.

What do we all think of that?

Comment

The Redbirds

Well, someone was going to do it.

Comment

The Redbirds

It looks like a case of frying pan or fire for Slade. Orient got new owners in the summer, and it was fairly clear that they wanted to be absolutely in charge and things to be done their way rather than how Slade would have chosen. How else to explain a manager who had taken Orient to their highest finish in over 30 years apparently being one match from the sack six games into the next campaign.
                    The Orient owners must be absolutely delighted with hos things have panned out. Not only have they got rid of a guy they didn't want, they are going to get compensate for him leaving when they had being facing paying him a severance fee.

Comment

The Redbirds

It's a fucking soap opera and no mistake, compounded today by the departure from the board today of much-admired former chief executive Matt Porter, a genuine fan and former fanzine editor. Shall I elaborate here on the League One thread?

Comment

The Redbirds

Let's try and leave here for slagging the RDF.

Comment

The Redbirds

Tan shows his class and how much he's over the Mackay grudge in the official club statement welcoming his next [strike]victim[/strike] manager, Russell Slade

"He certainly deserves to be given a chance. After all, Cardiff gave a chance to a mediocre manager from Watford and he took the Club to the Premier League. I did however give him a lot of money to spend for that – in fact, too much money."

Comment

The Redbirds

Big LOL there.

Comment

The Redbirds

Kid today asked me if I had Cardiff City shorts on today. Completely befuddled and thinking I had put a different pair on, I looked and realised he meant the red dragon on my Welsh shorts. Says it all really.

Comment

The Redbirds

Tan & his franchise fail to even acknowledge letter from cancer-sufferer supporter.

Comment

The Redbirds

Maybe I'm cynical but when I got to the end of the first paragraph -
                                  ... please review and reverse your decision to re-brand Cardiff City and to return the club to its blue kit and bluebird badge.
                                  I thought nobody at CCFC will ever read any further and the letter will go straight in the bin. I would be delighted to be proven wrong of course.

Comment

The Redbirds

Oh, I'm sure that's what happened.It's just that the franchise should be shamed for failing to send even an acknowledgement of such a letter.

In a week when they have been sucking their own cocks about winning some award from the FSF (of all fucking people) for treatment of away supporters I think the contempt they show for their own should be highlighted.

Comment

The Redbirds

Agreed, absolutely!

Comment

The Redbirds

Just browsing through various redbird related stuff prior to tomorrow's game. Apparently there was fighting between fans at Bournemouth last week as Cardiff unveiled their Swansea-style all white third strip.

And I came across this article from one of Tan's lackeys at WalesOnline who appears to be finally harbouring some doubts about the rebrand. A sign that the tide is finally beginning to turn?

Comment

The Redbirds

Tucker's a moronic quisling cunt who blows with the wind and whatever the prevailing Echo editorial policy is towards Tan (which is appeasement 95% of the time).

He came up with some shockers towards boycotting supporters on twitter when the rebrand was brought in and was forced to delete his entire account to save his job.

Comment

The Redbirds

And he also doesn't seem to notice things happening beyond the end of his own street, if this is anything to go by
                                            Surely in the history of the game a group of fans have not had to suffer as much ignominy as Bluebirds supporters in recent years?

Wimbledon. Who are they?

Comment

The Redbirds

Tucker in 2012:

For me, the faith Vincent Tan is showing allows him to have the right to change the kit if he wants. It’s his club, but cosmetic changes are not going to make it any less the supporters’ club.

Comment

The Redbirds

To a boycotter :

Which is funny given that he was the one collaborating.

Comment

The Redbirds

Ah, I see we've covered him before on this thread.

Comment

The Redbirds

That guy's a tool. It's helpful when idiots broadcast their idiocy on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X