No announcement yet.

La Liga 2020-21: A Messi Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interested to see crowds back in grounds during the copa del rey coverage this week
    anyone know if theyve been back a while down in the lower leagues?or is this very recent?

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post
      interested to see crowds back in grounds during the copa del rey coverage this week
      anyone know if theyve been back a while down in the lower leagues?or is this very recent?
      The cup and the league are run by two different organisations and as far as I know limited crowds have only been permitted in some cup matches.

Here is a link to an article in Spanish on the subject:

https://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...nares_2897899/

Comment

interesting article
        im astonished that in these fixture congested times theyre playing a complete non event of a competition like the spanish super cup,let alone expanding it to 4 teams

Comment

Several league games, including two in La Liga itself, have been suspended due to the severe snow in Spain, particularly Madrid.

Comment

Athletic Bilbao must like the wintery conditions - currently 2-0 up at half time in the Bernabeu.

Comment

You know when you run some text through Google Translate and think it'll be okay....

"A goal from the Portuguese Baby in the first half and another by Alejandro Catena in the second they allowed the Vallecano Ray access the round of 16 of the Copa del Rey and eliminate a Elche that he caught the cold of the Madrid night, with two degrees below zero, and did not disturb his rival at any time"

From Explica site..

Comment

Athletic Bilbao 3-2 up against Barcelona in a game not yet over being played in Sevilla and I really should read my score feeds more closely.
                Last edited by Tony C; 17-01-2021, 22:20.

Comment

1) Match isn't over

2) Is being played in Sevilla

Comment

Apologies. Amended.

Comment

Messi has been sent off, as Athletic near their second trophy in the last 37 years.

Comment

First ever red card for Barca

And Athletic win the trophy that Inaki's winner deserved

Comment

I missed the game on ESPN but my Xfinity picked it up so I am watching it now. Commentary seems to be doing done by the anchor, oddly. The pitch is not in the best condition by today's standards. Pitchside adverts in Arabic.

Longest trophy drought for 12 years for Barcelona.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-01-2021, 14:13.

Comment

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDli...channel=ESPNFC

Is that a three match ban for Messi or longer (Violent conduct)?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDli...channel=ESPNFC

Is that a three match ban for Messi or longer (Violent conduct)?
                              I have read estimates ranging from two to a twelve match ban.

Comment

The available range is actually one to twelve matches.

Spain doesn't have the "violent conduct" equals three match principle.

I would be surprised if he gets more than two

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  The available range is actually one to twelve matches.

Spain doesn't have the "violent conduct" equals three match principle.

I would be surprised if he gets more than two
                                  If that is so, then I think, provided Barca beat Cornella in the next round, that he wouldn't miss any league games, just two Copa del Rey matches.

Comment

Elche away on 24 January in la Liga

Comment

And two games it is

Comment

In Segunda Division Rayo Vallecano's recent run of good forn came to a shuddering halt as Mallorca score three in the first twenty minutes to set up a 3-1 win in Vallecas. Mallorca stay second. Rayo still in the playoff places but play top of the league Espanyol next.

Comment

Suspensions in the super cup are a bit bizarre. Stoichkov got a six month ban for stamping on a referee (reduced to two) but when jose mourinho did that totally alpha male thing of sneaking up behind Tito villanova and eye gouging him, it turned out that suspensions only applied to future super cup games.

Comment

Dutch media reporting that Barcelona are failing to pay scheduled instalments to Ajax for Frenkie de Jong.

Comment

QF draw Cope del Rey:
                                              • Granada - Barcelona
                                              • Betis - Athletic Club
                                              • Levante - Villarreal
                                              • Almeria - Sevilla

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                QF draw Cope del Rey:
                                                • Granada - Barcelona
                                                • Betis - Athletic Club
                                                • Levante - Villarreal
                                                • Almeria - Sevilla
                                                Rayo gave it a very good go against Barcelona the other night.

Comment

And they just came back from 2-0 down at the half to win at Espanyol

They are very much the club in form in the second tier

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    And they just came back from 2-0 down at the half to win at Espanyol

They are very much the club in form in the second tier
                                                    Really great effort . Espanyol generally acknowledged as the strongest team in the division and destined for a return back to La Liga. So pleased with this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X