No announcement yet.

La Liga 2020-21: A Messi Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Busquets. I mean he's been through it all with both Spain and Barcelona. Xavi, Iniesta... Busquets. So he must be valued enormously. But he's a c**t isn't he? His shithousery to win a free kick about 10 minutes ago was at least the equal of Ramos' shenanigans to win the penalty.

Comment

Modric is a lovely player. Imagine Xavi, Iniesta... Modric.

I know it doesn't work like that.

Comment

1 - 3 modric. Barca have been poor since going behind. Koemann will get hammered in the Catalan press, I'm guessing.

Comment

Some quick clasico stats for you all.

Firstly, fati was not the youngest ever scorer in el clasico as was reported in some quarters. Alfonso navarro beats him by three days, for Barcelona back in the late 40s.

Secondly, Messi has not scored in a clasico since before Ronaldo left for juventus.

And finally, I couldn't believe it when I read that Zidane has never lost a match against Barcelona (as a manager).

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Looked at the rayp bench the other day to see if zidane's son was on the bench. Yes he was, as was Bebe, the Portuguese player who spent a few years at man utd.
            Bebe has been at Rayo about six seasons now (two of them when I lived in Madrid and went to every home game) and never set the world alight. He played for a while at Rayo with Manucho, a popular Angolan striker, meaning that the club had two players who had played a single game for Manchester United.

Comment

Cadiz currently joint top in their first season back in the top division. Great effort.

Comment

Cadiz leapfrogged with Real Sociedad going top again after thrashing Celta Vigo away. David Silva scored his first La Liga goal for over a decade.

Comment

Yes, David Silva is starting to have an impact. Atleti are the other form team in the league, with Joao Felix scoring two yesterday away at Osasuna. (And missing a penalty).

Another team who've had an excellent start to this season, has been Granada. As well as doing well in the league, they top their Europa League group and beat PSV away from home.

As for who are doing badly, well Barcelona are the obvious stand outs, both on and off the pitch but Sevilla are also doing unexpectedly badly, losing their last three. Valencia too but that is, sadly, much less of a surprise.

Comment

well,that was an exciting last 15 minutes at the mestella....

Comment

A return to old times in Segunda Division as a early sending off and the concession of a 90+5 goal see Rayo Vallecano go down 0-1 at home to Almeria.

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post
                        well,that was an exciting last 15 minutes at the mestella....
                        As last week, the game at the Mestalla is incident-packed. Half time Valencia 2 - Madrid 1. Madrid looked to be in command with a great Benzema goal from outside the box. A few minutes later, Lucas Vazquez gave away a penalty for handball. Soler took it, as he did last week. Courtois saved it. Soler then hit the post with the rebound, finally Musah scored. He was then found to be encroaching during the penalty so they had to retake it again. Soler took it again, same place. This time he scored. A few minutes later, Valencia get another bizarre one - a Varane own goal.

Comment

The craziness continues into the second half. Valencia get another penalty. This time more dubious. However, it's not overturned and Soler, once again, steps up and puts it past Courtois.

Comment

Soler now has a hattrick of penalties after Ramos hilariously swatted the ball away with his hand during a Valencia attack.

Comment

First time EVER that a Liga referee has whistled three penalties against Madrid in a sIngle game

Comment

A soon to be ex-Liga referee, maybe?

Comment

I can't recall ever seeing a player scoring a hat-trick of penalties before. His first was initially saved but he retook it after a Valencia player had encroached.

Not a great night for the Real Madrid back four:

Vazquez - conceded a penalty for handball.
                                  Varane - scored an own goal.
                                  Marcelo - conceded a penalty for committing a foul. (Harsh, in my opinion).
                                  Ramos - conceded a penalty for handball.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    First time EVER that a Liga referee has whistled three penalties against Madrid in a sIngle game
                                    Maybe refs are less intimidated now because they know VAR will back them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Maybe refs are less intimidated now because they know VAR will back them up?
                                      Ronald Koeman might well agree with you. In recent interviews, he's been making a lot of the VAR decisions that go against Barca.

Comment

Ronald Koeman might well agree with you. In recent interviews, he's been making a lot of the VAR decisions that go against Barca.
                                        I suspect the big teams are rattled by the fact that they no longer get all the 50/50 decisions

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post

I suspect the big teams are rattled by the fact that they no longer get all the 50/50 decisions
                                          30:70 more like.

I watched the Martin Palermo game live. That's a penalty hattrick of an entirely different kind.

Comment

The craziness continues into the second half. Valencia get another penalty. This time more dubious. However, it's not overturned and Soler, once again, steps up and puts it past Courtois.
                                            That marcelo penalty is definitely a penalty, if You go to kick the ball, but an opponent gets in there before you, and you kick him, I'm afraid that's a penalty. And has been for a long time. You can see something this on the opening day of the 2012-13 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCz_Kcadqas

Also fair dues to sergio ramos, it took him three goes to give away that penalty but he made it in the end. (He tries to stamp on the players foot, he knees him in the thigh, and he swats the ball away)
                                            Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 09-11-2020, 01:41.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

30:70 more like.

I watched the Martin Palermo game live. That's a penalty hattrick of an entirely different kind.
                                              I remember seeing it live too,'99 Copa America in Paraguay was it not?roque santa Cruz's breakthrough tournament iirc.cant remember who Argentina were playing, Colombia?

Comment

Villareal 1 Real Madrid 1.

Once again, a Ramosless Madrid fail to win. Not taking anything away from Villareal who, in the second half at least, were much the better side. I especially liked Pervis Estupinyan, who came on in the second half.

Tony C might want to know that Rayo are playing Castellon on youtube at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNRoCJ16WMs
                                                Last edited by Jon; 21-11-2020, 23:57.

Comment

Thank you, I'm on it!

Comment

Rayo 2-0 up at half time and looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X