Clear All

Ends 2-1 to Rayo.

Comment

athletico-barca
      no graham hunter cocommentating it seems.see novembers not been all bad

Comment

It ended one nil to atleti.

Comment

Yes but they still lie second in the table behind the new and improved Real Sociedad. It would be nice to think that a genuine outsider could win La Liga for once, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Comment

Real Sociedad show a grittier side of their nature with a 1-0 away win against a tough Cadiz team standing fifth in the table. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              It ended one nil to atleti.
              quite the bizarre winning goal. not a great week for the goalkeepers of the big two.

I was having a discussion with Garcia about what ter stegen did and he was calling him a goalkeeping idiot like ederson, whereas I was leaning more towards thinking that he has to come charging out to sweep behind his high line four or five times a game. It's clearly an important part of the way that they play, but it's a real highwire act, because it's tricky to get right, and no-one notices or gives you credit for the 99 times you get it right, because the one time you get it wrong is so spectacularly hilarious.

What is the spanish view on such issues, or the German view, because you can easily find compilation videos of basically every german goalkeeper getting caught out doing this sort of thing. Is it treated as kind of part of the modern game, or is it seen as evidence of an unforgivable flaw in a goalkeeper to get it wrong even once?

Comment

In Segunda Division, Rayo Vallecano go back in the play off places with a win at Real Zaragoza, a club whose current struggles give me no pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                X