Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
    No, he was supposed to buy some shares but never actually got around to it. Just read he was looking to sell his house, which took forever, and by the time he had it was clear it was going to shit.
    Thanks SG.

Comment

<takes three steps back, little crouch, hands clasped, deep breath, token check of wind direction>

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLEY

https://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport/status/1341805849736572928?s=19

<wheels away, nodding>

Comment

How do Carlisle fans feel towards Barrow WFD, is it a big rivalry? Apols as I’m sure you’ve covered it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
          Really, name me clubs with balanced, logical and far-sighted views when it comes to hiring and firing managers. Let's see if we need more than ten fingers.
          Exeter City haven't sacked a manager since 2003 (so, for as long as the supporters' trust has owned the club). Of course we haven't exactly been filling the trophy cabinet either, but losing play-off finals is enough to keep the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            How do Carlisle fans feel towards Barrow WFD, is it a big rivalry? Apols as I’m sure you’ve covered it before.
            No, not a big rivalry at all and until they got promoted our fans' attitude probably ranged from indifferent to sympathetic. Until the game early this season we hadn't played them competitively since 1964, so there is no great history between the clubs. It's not an unusual route for our ex players to take so there's usually a bit of interest in how they are getting on, we also share a BBC local radio station so we are well aware of them, and usually root for them to come up if only for an interesting away day from our point of view. That said, I think I worked out and said on here at the start of the season that by rail we can get to Crewe quicker than we can get to Barrow so it's not a real ''local derby" - and there isn't a lot of mixing between the two towns so there isn't much in the way of ahem "bragging rights" to be had. There is also the whole "not really Cumbria" thing and a resistance to calling it a "Cumbrian" derby.

When we eventually get to play them in front of fans I'm sure some elements from each set of fans will get excited, and if we stay in the same division for a few years there is scope for a rivalry to develop, but it's not there yet.

Comment

Thanks WFD.

Comment

There is also the whole "not really Cumbria" thing and a resistance to calling it a "Cumbrian" derby.
                From whom Walt Flanagans Dog ?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Well Barrow is really Lancashire isn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post

Exeter City haven't sacked a manager since 2003 (so, for as long as the supporters' trust has owned the club). Of course we haven't exactly been filling the trophy cabinet either, but losing play-off finals is enough to keep the job.
                    Morecambe have had 4 managers since 1994 which would be a nicer story if they hadn’t sacked Jim Harvey when he recovered from his heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

From both sides. And that's before The Friends of Real Lancashire militants get involved in the debate.

Comment

One vacancy created while another is filled in the women's game: Shelley Kerr steps down as Scotland head coach, while Olli Harder takes over at West Ham.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Imagine telling Julian Dicks you were sacking him...
                          No problem. I once made Julian Dicks cry.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                            No problem. I once made Julian Dicks cry.
                            Don't even think about leaving it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Don't even think about leaving it there.
                              Early 80s. I kicked a ball into his face. He had to be carried off, blubbing.

Comment

PSG are reported to have sacked Tuchel and to be intending to appoint Pochettino. I'm not sure on what grounds the latter is supposed to be a better coach, so the sacking is more a personality issue with Leonardo than Tuchel's record, although a few blips this season could be a pretext.
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-12-2020, 21:50.

Comment

He hasn't been quoted as criticising the drama and politics of the club and the diva behaviour from Neymar and Mbappe

Comment

They'll make him sign a gag clause, I would guess.

Comment

This may be an overly legal take (shock), but I don't think will be necessary.

The nature of the club is that employees can be sacked with little if any warning and less recourse, and Pochettino will be very well aware of that, in part because he played there (admittedly pre-Qatar, but PSG has been an intensely political club since they came to national prominence) and in part because he has always been more attentive to that side of football than Tuchel or many other managers.

Comment

Solskjaer breathes a sigh of relief.

Comment

Maybe he shouldn’t be - Shelley Kerr is looking for a new gig after stepping down as Scotland’s coach. She has already managed in the Men’s game and Manchester United have had considerable success in the past by appointing recent Scotland managers.

[one day, maybe, Scotland Women and Man United Men might be seen as roughly equivalent jobs. Here’s dreaming...]
                                          Last edited by Janik; 25-12-2020, 07:41.

Comment

Solksjaer's going to get to the end of the season, I would think, unless a coach becomes available whom they need to sign up before he goes somewhere else. Or they think Tuchel is worth a tackle or a tickle.

Comment

What abut Arteta? Is he getting the whole season too?

Comment

I think they expect to lose to Chelsea tomorrow, but then they've got Brighton, West Brom away, then 3 homes against Newcastle (cup), Palace and Newcastle again (PL). If he doesn't completely fuck up the "easy" games he'll last it out.

Comment

Would Pochettino be considered for the job and would be want it?

Comment

I’d guess at “yes” and “no” respectively.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X