Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleetwood and Joey Barton appear to have parted company.

Comment

Are Fleetwood having a mass detwatting?

Comment

Port Vale have sacked John Askey.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
          Fleetwood and Joey Barton appear to have parted company.
          Like him or not he's done a great job on a shoestring budget there and deserves respect for that. This can only be a result of a backroom issue (not inconceivable with Barton, I suppose) because the club have overachieved on the field under Barton's leadership. If I was Sheffield Wednesday I'd be on the phone right now. Bit of a twat? Certainly, but name a succesful coach in this country over the last thirty years who hasn't been.

Comment

Fired by a club where the chairman is actually his mate. He had one of the division's bigger budgets, and better strike forces, and has managed 11th, play-off failure, and 10th. He lost the play-offs because his ill-disciplined team got men sent off in the home leg. He was arrested for punching another manager in the face, and the court case remains pending. Given Wednesday's present owner, they may, in fact, be the only club in the FL to give him house room.

Comment

My second thought on hearing the news (first thought "ha ha") was "oh fuck we're not going to appoint him are we?" Given his combative nature he'd likely fall out with the chairman straight away and you don't upset Our Dear Leader or he'll devote 25 minutes of a press briefing to calling you names.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                Fired by a club where the chairman is actually his mate. He had one of the division's bigger budgets, and better strike forces, and has managed 11th, play-off failure, and 10th. He lost the play-offs because his ill-disciplined team got men sent off in the home leg. He was arrested for punching another manager in the face, and the court case remains pending. Given Wednesday's present owner, they may, in fact, be the only club in the FL to give him house room.
                I'm fairly sure I've read that Fleetwood's player wage bill is below the average on the division. I believe keeping this club stable in the division and getting them.to a play off position is a reasonable effort for a young, first time manager.

Not a nice guy - we agree on that.

When it comes ti strike forces I guess they got Ched Evans on the cheap for obvious reasons - he now appears set to go to Preston anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                  Barton didn't actually punch Daniel Stendel. At the end of the game he followed Stendel up the tunnel, ran up to him, and shoved him from behind into a metal pole. Stendel was still receiving dental work months later.

Comment

Ah, cheers. Not that it makes it that much better but I suppose he can claim it was unintentional

Comment

He's actually claiming it never happened would you believe. And he's being backed up by three or four Fleetwood players who were running with him at the time...

Stendel and Barton had 'had words' at the final whistle a couple of minutes earlier.

Comment

One of Britain's brightest managerial talents is now available... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55556544

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                          One of Britain's brightest managerial talents is now available... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55556544
                          Presumably a surprise to Joe Garner, who got a release from Wigan to sign for them/him at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Presumably a surprise to Joe Garner, who got a release from Wigan to sign for them/him at the weekend.
                            And Shamrock Rovers Jack Byrne, who spent the last 6 weeks weighing up his options. He signed on Monday, played 5 minutes as a substitute yesterday, and his manager got sacked today.

Comment

Zidane's on the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Zidane's on the edge.
                                Seems like he's staying. Possibly connected to the pay-off required.

Comment

Neil Harris has been sacked at Cardiff. Good luck to the next poor sap.

Comment

Gannon fired

https://www.stockportcounty.com/club...th-jim-gannon/

Comment

“This has been an extremely difficult decision for the Club’s Board to take and not a decision taken lightly. The decision is not results based but is centred around culture"

WTF does that mean?

Comment

He said the hat museum is shit

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                                          We seem to be his nemesis. He was sacked after losing to us at Millwall too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                                            He got them to the play offs last season and has been given a fair bit of money to spend in Covid times. It's a club with no real youth products or academy and lacks the playing culture of their rivals down the road and until they put those things in place they'll be in this cycle ad infinitum. I'll be happy if they stay this way.

I'm not sure if Ray de Galles and the other ex fans are even bothered or interested in this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

He got them to the play offs last season and has been given a fair bit of money to spend in Covid times. It's a club with no real youth products or academy and lacks the playing culture of their rivals down the road and until they put those things in place they'll be in this cycle ad infinitum. I'll be happy if they stay this way.

I'm not sure if Ray de Galles and the other ex fans are even bothered or interested in this anymore.
                                              Less and less. Partly because of the passage of time and partly because one of the very many terrible things about football during Covid is that it deadens the schadenfreude of seeing Tan United fail (along with every other emotion towards the sport, positive or negative, in this fucking awful non-season).
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-01-2021, 20:29.

Comment

The next poor sap is Mick McCarthy!

Comment

Fucking hell. He must be great in interviews. Pity about performance.

Comment

I can only presume their brief was to find a younger version of Warnock.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X