Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they say agents don't earn their money.

Comment

Sunderland pot Parkinson.

His style will never win any plaudits but I'm sure he had enough to get them out of division 3, in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
        Sunderland pot Parkinson.

His style will never win any plaudits but I'm sure he had enough to get them out of division 3, in the right direction.
        He was there longer than I thought, but Ross was in charge when Lincoln beat them 2-0, and Parkinson must have been appointed soon after.

Comment

Aye, him and Ross lasted longer than many of the more recent bunch. They've had an eye watering amount of managers in the last 20 years. With the incoming salary cap the next guy is likely to be another short appointment .

Comment

Stuart McCall gets the bullet from Bradford City for a second time.

Comment

What's the problem there? Is it the lack of income from their usually decent crowds?

Comment

David Dunn's time at Barrow lasting less than 6 months.

Comment

I hope that you feel guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    I hope that you feel guilty.
                    A little. It may have been best all round if we'd just stayed away

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      What's the problem there? Is it the lack of income from their usually decent crowds?
                      Based on how they've been playing lately and the regression of some of their players, I think it's possibly that Stuart McCall is a shit manager.

Comment

Yeah. He’s managed to fuck Bradford twice alongside Motherwell and Rangers.

When Motherwell met Albion in the Scottish Cup a few years ago it was patently obvious that he’d done no homework at all on Albion. The game was played at Hamilton on the plastic and he hadn’t checked Albions very useful record on these surfaces, this along with playing a weakened eleven ensured Motherwell got the beating his team selection deserved.

Comment

A sign of the times that getting a draw at Manchester City is not enough to save your job....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55253670

Comment

Christ. What did they expect him to be able to do?

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post
                              A sign of the times that getting a draw at Manchester City is not enough to save your job....

Allardyce has been talking a lot lately about one last job. He mentioned the idea of taking a side up out of a lower division but as a man who's wholly motivated by money, I expect he'll nix that idea for a kings ransom from the Baggies.

Comment

Whay a desperately unimaginative move it would be by West Brom if they brought Allardyce in.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post

Imagine telling Julian Dicks you were sacking him...

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Possibly a rare situation where sacking by text message might be justified !

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Imagine Julian Dicks being the best applicant for a job.

Any job...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                        Whay a desperately unimaginative move it would be by West Brom if they brought Allardyce in.
                                        Agreed. Although Richard Keys must be thrilled.

WBA aren’t far from safety anyway so maybe Allardyce will be able to preserve that record of never being relegated he never stops talking about. And then next stop the Barcelona job he’s always thought he should have, no longer such an unrealistic prospect thanks to Koeman and their board.

Comment

I thought it was Real Madrid that Big Sam considered himself prime material for?

In any event, this is remarkably short-sighted by West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

Allardyce has been talking a lot lately about one last job.
                                            That so makes him sound like a retired gangster in a film.

Comment

Dicks out for Christmas.

Comment

How long before Arteta is down the dole office?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  Dicks out for Christmas.
                                                  Scunthorpe's last minute victory last night made it unlikely we'll have our Cox out before the new year.

Comment

The only thing more likely to have sucked the last bit of joy out of following WBA this season than Allardyce's appointment would have been waiting till Pulis got the sack at Wednesday.

I don't think I can be bothered anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X