No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case anybody was in any danger of misinterpreting his gesture, Simeone has helpfully explained that he was pointing out that playing Costa and Koke after absences takes balls, and he, Diego Simeone, has balls and wanted to remind the fans of this.

My opinion: Simeone and Atletico are kings of shithousery, but this was against Juve, so it's fine by me.

Comment

True, but a game between Juventus and Atletico is like trying to pick a side in the Battle of Kursk. It's just so grim.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        trying to pick a side in the Battle of Kursk
        Took me about half a second.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Bayern boss admitting his players regularly cheat?
          Javi Martinez appeared to struggle with cramp during the late stages of the Bavarians’ stalemate against the Reds which caused a break in play.

But Kovac revealed that the midfielder was actually helping run down the clock.
          “We all know the drill: It’s close to the final whistle and you try to waste a bit of time,” he told Sky Germany.
          “Javi has good performance data, meaning he couldn’t have even had a cramp. That’s all a bit of acting.

“Recently in Berlin, Kingsley Coman also pretended to have a cramp but he didn’t.

“We have to bring calmness in the game. They do it well, they have the experience for that.”

I mean, we all know it happens, like holding in the box at corners etc . But shamelessly saying it's so seems to cross a line, turning it from an unfortunate part of the game we should be trying to stamp out, to it being an acceptable tactic to cheat.
          I don't expect anything to be done about it, but wouldn't it be nice if referees for the rest of the season added every single second of every stoppage they caused, just for fun, or ignored every Bayern player who goes down and kept the game going.

Comment

Ajax ahead! Lovely goal too.

Comment

Yes, spoiled only by me realising fucking Jonathan Pierce is doing the commentary. I thought I'd heard the back of him.

Comment

Wahey!

Comment

0-2 in Madrid, Ajax going through as it stands.

Comment

Real's back four are a shambles, Neres should have had his second for 0-3 but fluffs the chance.

Comment

Would surely be unique for Real to be effectively knocked out of three competitions at home, in the space of a week, and potentially without scoring one goal?

Comment

I had to believe they'll score tonight, though Ajax are defending very effectively at the moment.

Comment

Bale on for Vásquez within half an hour due to injury.

Comment

Vìnicius off injured too now, Asensio on.

Comment

!

Comment

Ajax should have had the tie sewn up by now, so much space & time and so many chances for them.

Comment

Story of this team

Jumpers for goalposts

It warms my heart

Comment

De Jong has a rare ability in the modern game. He looks like he is coasting, operating at an astounding level, while everyone else is running around daft. He looks like a magnificent player.

Comment

0-3! Holy fuck.

Comment

Seems the ball had gone out, so will be scrubbed.

Comment

There is no fucking way the VAR can make a decision using those pictures

Comment

The third is nearly ruled out on VAR as the ball might have been out of play a long way ahead of the goal in the move leading up to it. Or maybe a handball. A bit farcical as there's a four minute delay in establishing it's good.

Comment

If you don't know then give the fuckin goal

Comment

Other angle shows it in play, so goal stands!

Comment

How far back is VAR allowed to go to find an uncalled foul/infringement? Can they go back 5 minutes if Real look like they're going out?

Comment

Jaysus I'm nearly in tears here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X