X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That wasn't even the first time

Comment

That was fecking amazing.

I thought football had changed forever. Ajax played Real Madrid a thousand million times in the past ten years and always lost 4-0. The Champions League is supposed to be the same teams every year. Real, Barca, Bayern, etc.

We could only dream of maybe some day sneaking a 1-0 against Real Madrid in a dead rubber group match if all the luck went our way. Going to the Bernebeu in the knockout round and tonking them 4-1 in the was something that was never going to happen (did it happen?). Even being in the knockout phase hasn't happened in 16 years.

These lads, they could go all the way. But it doesn't matter. 4 fucking 1. And how. Galacticos get outplayed on all fronts by a combination of kids and undervalued journeyman pros. Lasse Schöne mic drop indeed.

That Southampton no longer wanted Dusan Tadic tells you everything you need to know about the Premier League. 9 goals in 14 European matches this season.

Oh and Sergio Ramos: you'll be good and fresh for the rest of the season now.
      Last edited by anton pulisov; 06-03-2019, 00:04.

Comment

That was beautiful.

Comment

Sergio Ramos is having a documentary made about being Sergio Ramos. They were filming him tonight.

Up in the "SR4 AREA VIP"

https://twitter.com/luisdrils/status/1103081084642836481

Not quite the same as CR7 huh...

Oh, and Nacho got sent off for two yellow cards in the space of five seconds. I don't think I've ever seen that. He double dipped. James McClean must be jealous of that level of shitfuckery.
          Last edited by anton pulisov; 06-03-2019, 00:37.

Comment

I'd very much like to tonk North London Fake Ajax next.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
              Sergio Ramos is having a documentary made about being Sergio Ramos. They were filming him tonight.

Up in the "SR4 AREA VIP"

Oh, and Nacho got sent off for two yellow cards in the space of five seconds. I don't think I've ever seen that. He double dipped. James McClean must be jealous of that level of shitfuckery.
              YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo. This is going to be in the documentary series. WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was always going to be amazing but fuck me, this is just going to make it perfect.

Comment

Dank je wel Luis! Maar jij bent straks ook op het menu...

Last edited by anton pulisov; 06-03-2019, 01:34.

Comment

Well, that guy being happy always puts a damper on things.

Of course, last night I recalled another time an unfancied side went to a Spanish giant a goal down from the first leg and won scoring four goals, in this case 4-0.

Comment

Worth mentioning here that becuase of the rearrangement to ensure the top 4 in the 3 'big' countries plus Italy get straight into the groups Ajax will have to win the Dutch league and then get through two qualifying rounds (or finish second to PSV and win thru 3 qualifying rounds )to make the group stage next season. Or win this season's version, of course. Still, whichever club finished 4th in Serie A, 40 or so points behind Juventus deserves that spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      Not many comments on Spurs at the moment!
                      Nor will there be. We didn't 'Spurs it', therefore of no interest to OTF's usual dissenting voices.

Meanwhile people here and on Facebook are still overexcited by Real's exit. I mean, understandable given their dominance of the competition - but, be honest, they've been absolute whiss all season.

Comment

Spurs did well, but going in 3-0 up against a thoroughly demoralised opposition was never going to a cliffhanger. I'd have put money on a 1-0 to Spurs. Whereas I'd not have put a dime on Ajax even scoring two at the Bernabeu.

Comment

Jah Womble is right, mind. No one is arsed about Spurs unless they do something funny.

Comment

We all had a good laugh when we saw the Manchester United squad travelling to Paris yesterday. A real second round Coca Cola Cup squad including a midfield of Butt, Carrick and Phelan. But the magic of Solskjaer has seen to it that instead of the supine surrender we'd expect from previous post-Fergie United teams (though it's worth mentioning that Moyes overcame a two goal deficit in the CL to progress) I still think we have a chance. This goes against all logic and reason, but fuck it. Why not. If we get the first goal, possibly from Chong, or Garner, or Greenwood, or Alex fucking Notman or Graeme Tomlinson or whoever the fuck is in the squad, I think we'll do it. They'll crumble exactly like they didn't in the first leg.

God, I've missed this feeling of hope masking acceptance. Can't wait to enjoy that hollow feeling in my stomach when PSG score after about 90 seconds.

Comment

And while I'm here, well done to Ajax. But as President of the Portland Street and Chinatown Chapter of the Sergio Ramos Love Cult I can't join in this schadenfreude to the degree most of you are. We'll always have 26.05.18 - "Mo Salah ist Kaput!".

Comment

Up in the "SR4 AREA VIP"

Are VIP areas for players and their families/entourage in football stadia a thing now?

Comment

They would seem to be inspired by the private hospitality suites that top tier athletes in North American sport have been getting as an contractual perk for some time now.

Comment

Do many clubs have them? In the UK three seats together in the main stand and use of the general players' family area is about as good as it gets.
                                    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 06-03-2019, 12:32.

Comment

I seem to recall a transfer crumbling because the player had paid for a box at the ground and the selling club refused to give him a refund. Grant Holt and Norwich, possibly.

Comment

Whenever I see the name Grant Holt I ALWAYS think:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 06-03-2019, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                          Spurs did well, but going in 3-0 up against a thoroughly demoralised opposition was never going to a cliffhanger. I'd have put money on a 1-0 to Spurs. Whereas I'd not have put a dime on Ajax even scoring two at the Bernabeu.
                                          Dortmund weren't 'thoroughly demoralised' - they pressurised us relentlessly in the first half and it was only Lloris who prevented them from gaining traction in the tie. Obviously, Kane's goal put paid to that.

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                          Jah Womble is right, mind. No one is arsed about Spurs unless they do something funny.
                                          We're happy to keep it all under the radar. I appreciate that that's not possible for those who support a brand.

Comment

Any chance we can borrow Eriksen, Vertonghen, Sanchez and Alderweireld in the next round?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Dortmund weren't 'thoroughly demoralised' - they pressurised us relentlessly in the first half and it was only Lloris who prevented them from gaining traction in the tie. Obviously, Kane's goal put paid to that.

We're happy to keep it all under the radar. I appreciate that that's not possible for those who support a brand.
                                              You're getting a bit needy here, Jah. Anyone in the football world outside White Hart Lane/Wembley knows that Ajax were the story last night. I'm pretty sure Spurs got a lot of attention when they put their tie to bed in the first leg.

Spurs are a brand too, possibly the first one - remember "There used to be a football club over there".
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-03-2019, 13:57.

Comment

That Southampton no longer wanted Dusan Tadic tells you everything you need to know about the Premier League. 9 goals in 14 European matches this season.
                                                Tadic exercised a release clause in his contract when Southampton failed to qualify for European football at the end of last season. We really, really didn't want him to go.

Comment

Fair enough. Surprising that nobody else took him up on it.

Comment

He's just become the ninth player in the history of l'Equipe's player ratings to get 10 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X