No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the boy at war with the asterisk btw?

Comment

Pie-eating pie...

Comment

The least believable thing about that is Cthulu being ignorant of the evil calumny of Brexit.

Comment

Cthulhu making finger quotes better be a thing for the next 10 years. I mean, come on.

Comment

The unexpected spiderman meme reference gave me a chuckle.

Comment

Thanks for that, I thought it was a "Big" one that I had forgotten.

Comment

That last panel is marvellous

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-jack-charlton

Comment

Bloody hell, I had to have a quiet moment after this week's strip.

That final line of frames.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-07-2020, 12:29.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Should have checked here first, thankfully I was on my lunch alone so didn't have to explain myself to anyone.

It was the little "Thanks Jack" in the final frame which put me over the edge.

Comment

Crikey.

Comment

Glad it wasn't just me that found the last panel unexpectedly moving

Comment

Simply brilliant, and moving.

Comment

Wow, very poignant. My dad passed away two weeks ago, and he loved fishing and taking his dog with him as well as being a football fan all his life, so particularly moving for me. He didn't play for Leeds and England, nor manage Ireland (my dad, not Jack), but you know, I think I have something in my eye...

Comment

Condolences BI

Comment

Sorry for your loss Bermuda Iron.

Comment

Condolences, BI

Comment

Condolences BI.

That was a fantastic cartoon this week as well - hat off to Mr Squires.

Comment

Fantastic tribute.

Condolences to Bermuda Iron. Really sorry to hear about your dad.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that BI.

Comment

There's is something so moving, whether cartoon form or not, of dogs sitting, waiting for owners that will never return. What a beautiful finale.

And condolences to you Bermuda Iron. Your Dad deserves that last panel too.

Comment

Condolences BI.

That's a lovely tribute.

Comment

I didn't know about that tribute from Jack to Bobby. The only thing niggling in my mind about Jack was that he had an odd perspective on his brother. Obviously, if he had, they had reconciled on the evidence of that video. Lovely. It's hard to think of a cartoonist anywhere who is able to convey such respectful tribute to those who have died while still not moving too far away from their regular output.

Sorry to hear about your loss, also, BI

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words, much appreciated. I am sure he's very happy wherever he is that 'Ull are getting hammered...

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                                    I didn't know about that tribute from Jack to Bobby. The only thing niggling in my mind about Jack was that he had an odd perspective on his brother. Obviously, if he had, they had reconciled on the evidence of that video.
                                                    Apparently it was Bobby's wife Norma who was the problem. She never got on with her mother in law, there was a big disagreement and Bobby stuck with his wife, Jack with his mother. And the schism lasted for years, right up until their mother's death.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X