Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really can't wait for the Stevie G one.

Comment

Miliband is uncanny.

Comment

Thanks folks, very much appreciated (honestly, I had a huge crisis of confidence last week, to the point where I felt like giving up. I'm experienced enough to know now that these feelings come and go, but still).

Someone recently told me that I look a bit like Miliband - I was outraged at the time, but as I was drawing him, it did feel a little self-portraity. Damn.

Comment

Please please please...don't stop. Cheers.

Comment

and chopper is a chelsea fan.

Comment

I feel like it would be a mistake to disobey someone called Chopper.

Comment

Criminally, I haven't looked in on this thread lately. Congratulations Dave, the Guardian page is a new bookmark.

You really need to try and exorcise the insecurity - as you said yourself, if it's good enough for OTF....

Comment

Sits wrote: Criminally, I haven't looked in on this thread lately. Congratulations Dave, the Guardian page is a new bookmark.

You really need to try and exorcise the insecurity - as you said yourself, if it's good enough for OTF....
                  Oh come.

I'd like to think that the bar here is set somewhat higher than at the Guardian…

Comment

Ok, which one of you is NeilA24 on the graun comments?

Comment

I can't see the comments.

(Is this a browser issue?)

Comment

Probably, as I can see them when using Chrome but not when using Internet Explorer.

Comment

You're not missing much. In fact, that's the best reason I've ever heard for using Internet Explorer.

Comment

Quite. If it works across all sites then I may be tempted away from Firefox.

Comment

v8, FWIW.

Comment

Kevchenko wrote: v8, FWIW.
                                ditto.

(Enforced, btw)

Comment

Disappointingly the Mourinho strip was printed a bit too small in today's Gdn.

Not an issue for you folks trading browser info, but a shame BDG's work isn't being seen at its best.

Comment

My computer-abjuring mother phoned me to say she really likes the Guardian cartoon. I suppose I should organise a printer so I can show her the contents of the Sunshine Room... a printed collection would be a fine thing.

Comment

I know what I mean

Comment

'Rise up old man' is an exquisite touch.

You utter bastard, BDG.

Comment

psychic big dave's gusset

Comment

I feel bad about what I am about to do, but I have a minor criticism in today's excellent Gerrard cartoon.

Will any Premier League footballer have heard of, never mind enjoy, Sleaford Mods and their brand of gritty street-smart punk-rap? I'd guess they'd all be into the modern day versions of Phil Collins, such as Sam Smith and Bruno Mars.

If only matchday programmes or Shoot asked players this sort of questions any more.

Comment

EDIT: Ignore that, missed the point entirely.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: I feel bad about what I am about to do, but I have a minor criticism in today's excellent Gerrard cartoon.

Will any Premier League footballer have heard of, never mind enjoy, Sleaford Mods and their brand of gritty street-smart punk-rap? I'd guess they'd all be into the modern day versions of Phil Collins, such as Sam Smith and Bruno Mars.
                                                That's the gag, isn't it?

Comment

It is, yeah. I thought long and hard about the choice of music. At first I went for Drake, but then realised it was probably true, so changed it to something completely unlikely.

Thanks for the kind words though. Mildly surprised by the lack of fury coming my way for this one. Only one person has tweeted to call me a Kelvin McKenzie apologist and suggested that I'm angling for a job at The Sun.

Comment

Challenging opinion of the day: Phil Collins is better than Sleaford Mods. I'd be on Captain Ego's side there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X