Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    That's quite some first panel, isn't it. Bravo.
    This

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Who was that poster who was here for a while who insisted that the Guardian (and in particular Marina Hyde, i think) were hugely biased against Newcastle? I bet he;s feeling loads of righteous vindication while he plays with his souvenir bonesaw
      IanC. I think it was Amy Lawrence who he was convinced was behind the huge Guardian anti-Newcastle conspiracy.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-04-2020, 09:06.

Comment

The thought that anyone could really be bothered to conspire against Newcastle is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
          Who was that poster who was here for a while who insisted that the Guardian (and in particular Marina Hyde, i think) were hugely biased against Newcastle? I bet he;s feeling loads of righteous vindication while he plays with his souvenir bonesaw
          Can't remember the poster but am pretty sure it was Louise Taylor he thought had the axe. Which is weird because everyone else reads her as a relative supporter of the club (like your one who covers Arsenal a lot).

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ight-after-all

Comment

Did you remember Ian C, or just search for Louise Taylor? (Irrespective - spectacular work)

Comment

Both, though I don't remember starting the thread.

He was one of those posters who loomed large for a relatively short period.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Both, though I don't remember starting the thread.

He was one of those posters who loomed large for a relatively short period.
                  Oh sure - I knew exactly who ad hoc was thinking of and remember losing my temper with him a few times. Just couldn't get the piece to fall on his name (knowing it wasn't any current NUFC folk). He was quite the character.

Comment

Can anyone find the original thread where he had his meltdown? He later changed his screen name to something too long and incoherent to search for.

Comment

I think that he deleted a bunch of posts.

I seem to recall having searched for them before without success.

Comment

They've deleted that tweet, by the looks of it, but they're still posting their shitty takes.

https://twitter.com/NUFCTheMag/statu...151664640?s=19
                        Last edited by My Name Is Ian; 23-04-2020, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Can anyone find the original thread where he had his meltdown? He later changed his screen name to something too long and incoherent to search for.
                          As that was presumably pre-2010 (the date of Ursos's thread) would those be on the semi-legendary "old board"

Comment

There are posts here back to 2008, so I'm not certain about that.

I did find this, from a poster now labeled as guest, but who is likely our man (who at one time posted as Ignatz.)

Chris Hughton is hated by The Grauniad, especially Lousie Taylor & the blogging demi-monde. Lousie Taylor is a Mackem and the blogging demi-monde is polluted by polyversity Media Studies & Sociology drop-out racists
                            The thread is here

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...14387-up/page3

Comment

Labelled as guest but with my profile / bio?

Comment

All such guests appear with the profile of the poster viewing their posts.

Comment

Squires' strip today is his contribution to the Guardian's 'My Favourite Game' lockdown series (which has been generally excellent).

Comment

Roy Keane's Lego hair is the highlight for me.

Comment

That's one of my top 5. Had me crying with laughter

Comment

Ignoring the fact that Swindon got there in the first place (via one of the worst/most entertaining Play-off finals dependant on your perspective), that was brilliant. Don't know why, but the little detail of the tea-bag string still being in Kilclines cuppa had me in bits.

Comment

On Project Restart

https://www.theguardian.com/football...roject-restart

Heavy on the movie references this week - in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            On Project Restart

https://www.theguardian.com/football...roject-restart

Heavy on the movie references this week - in a good way.
                                            Is there a prize for naming them all?

Comment

The self-satisfactory glow of a Job Well Done.

Comment

I got Robocop. And possibly Bagpuss (that's Professor Yaffle that Ry's making, right?)

Playing on an oil rig got me thinking though. Around the 2002 World Cup there were a load of Nike (or Adidas, or Coke) adverts where the worlds greats played three a side on some big ship somewhere, and at the end Eric Cantona said "The losers go home" and kicked them over the side. They could do that.

Comment

Gunnersaurus as The Thing has me floored.

Comment

pebblethefish is it not the owl from Clash of the Titans?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X