I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if they were wearing this yesterday?

Comment

A bloke, about sixty, that I recognise from somewhere is driving down the road. He slows down and says to a surly looking teenager that he'll give her a lift. She gets in and there is some stilted small talk. The man then asks how the singing lesson went, and within seconds they are both singing Karma Chameleon. Advert ends.

Somehow this is meant to sell insurance. Perhaps we are going to get to know this family and get to like them before they suffer some accident for which they will be grateful to have insurance.

Comment

That ad for a product that basically has a strapline 'for people who get blood in the mouth when they brush their teeth'. The people who did that have surely never read Vance Packard's 'The Hidden Persuaders'.

Comment

Heh, I just stumbled across mention of that one from a couple of years back in this thread:
          southportzeb wrote: I do enjoy the to the pointedness of the tag line for Corsodyl's current advert
          Corsodyl - For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth
          It is startlingly to-the-point, in a manner I actually rather cherish. As the follow-up couple of posts to SouthportZeb's original above indicate, there's a pleasing sidetrack to be followed in imagining similarly unvarnished statements about what your advertised product is meant to do.

This evening, I had a slightly traumatic time seeing a Tena Lady ad, which promised a "free sample" at the end. It didn't help that this came in quick succession with some mattress advert that featured a lady reclining on a showroom bed and exclaiming "I think it's number one!", which made me think "Well, at least it wasn't a number two, but they'll seriously need a mattress protector on there".

Comment

Sylvester Stallone is appearing in an advert for Warburton's. This may be the most unlikely celebrity appearance in any advert, particularly considering that it's not just a cameo that could have been filmed in five minutes - he appears in a fairly lengthy pastiche of The Expendables filmed on the streets of Bolton.

Comment

Some anti aging cream. A man introduces his girlfriend to his mother. The girlfriend is surprised at how young the mother appears, jokingly saying "You must have been 12 when you had him!"

Sadly at this point the producers decide to stick to the brief, show a few shots of the mother using the anti aging cream, before it cuts back to the mother lashing and saying that she likes the girlfriend. It would be more entertaining if he mother replied by saying that yes, she had in fact been twelve when she gave birth, and should she get the box with all the tabloid front pages from the time?

Comment

Irn Bru. Bloke in a train toilet falls on the floor when the doors to the toilet inexplicably open, exposing his bum to two girls. A stewardess/female guard (??wot - where do they have those??) assists him by giving him a can of Irn Bru to make him feel better. Never mind that his bum is still on show.

Then a bloke arrives and asks where he can park his bike. Ho ho!

Utterly surreal.

Comment

I haven't seen that, what TV are you watching?

I still absolutely love the Cheese Sandwich couple in the Specsavers advert.

"What sort of cheese was that?"

An underrated classic.

Comment

On the other hand .. I find ITV's drama trailers really irritating, when they use "with-it" music to accompany period dramas.

Ruins any suspension of reality; don't like the way they pick "dramatic highlights", usually people storming off on the point of tears, or tearfully embracing to the strains of Paloma Faith or whoever.

Homefires is the latest drama to get the treatment.

Comment

Colman’s is supporting the January launch of Colman’s Meal Kits with a £1 million multimedia marketing investment.

The brand kicked off activity with a TV advert, airing until 31st May. Building upon recent Colman’s campaigns, the advert places the brand at the centre of contemporary British life, while helping Brits overcome their reserve via meals that ‘say it all’.

The emotional advert follows a story of a busy working woman preparing dinner for her new boyfriend and his young daughter for the first time. With little time, but keen to impress, a new Colman’s Meal Kit helps her cook a dinner that ‘says it all’.

I've seen that advert and nearly put my foot throught the TV. I was round my mum's.

"This risotto says 'It's awkward for me too'"

Just fuck off.

Comment

A couple of poster advertisements I've seen recently. Firstly on buses in Southport I've seen adverts for the "Pauline Quirke Academy of Drama". I refuse to believe this is a real thing and is instead a Little Britain sketch.

The second was a sign I saw on a roundabout today for "Weddings in Halton". What girl hasn't dreamt of getting married either in Widnes or Runcorn?

Comment

Mr Beast wrote: Colman’s is supporting the January launch of Colman’s Meal Kits with a £1 million multimedia marketing investment.

The brand kicked off activity with a TV advert, airing until 31st May. Building upon recent Colman’s campaigns, the advert places the brand at the centre of contemporary British life, while helping Brits overcome their reserve via meals that ‘say it all’.

The emotional advert follows a story of a busy working woman preparing dinner for her new boyfriend and his young daughter for the first time. With little time, but keen to impress, a new Colman’s Meal Kit helps her cook a dinner that ‘says it all’.

I've seen that advert and nearly put my foot throught the TV. I was round my mum's.

"This risotto says 'It's awkward for me too'"

Just fuck off.
                          Just looked those up on YouTube to see what you were complaining about, and I agree. Then autoplay lined this video up next: the advert Colman's didn't want you to see.

If Colman's is as expensive in New York as it is in Buenos Aires, he's wasted an awful lot of money making that.

Comment

Less traumatic than terrible, but fuck me the ads the American Pistachio Council or whoever are running on comedycentral.com are appalling.

Ad 1: Keyboard cat plays the piano, and one of key presses cracks a pistachio. It's cool, because it's keyboard cat. You remember him, right, from 8 years ago? Seriously that's the entire fucking ad.

Ad 2: A dominatrix cracks a pistachio with a whip. Voiceover: "Dominatrixes (sic) do it on command." No, they don't. That's the whole fucking point.

Comment

I've seen that Irn Bru advert again. It's on E4.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Comment

I have seen it, twice, and yes it is very weird.

Comment

I've seen it. Didn't think it was surreal (bum crack/bike rack jokes? bit junior school there, A G Barr plc), just a bit unfunny.

Comment

1001 Dry Foam. Does it right.

Comment

The Microsoft Cloud ad(s).

What sort of mentally incompetent pigshit-thick cretin hands over all of an organisation's data to an external supplier who then has absolute and total control over its integrity, security, and use?

Simplistic wanking jenk of the highest kidney.

Comment

Just seen an ad for a motor oil that says it cuts out smoking, knocking and increases performance. My car doesn't need it but I'm thinking of getting some for me.

Comment

Not so much traumatic as nauseating. Wal-Mart are running and ad claiming to "invest in their people" by giving them a pay rise as it is good for everyone. How fucking generous of them to finally, finally give a living wage. And they smugly ask for our applause. Christ on a bike!

Comment

The Stork butter TV ad featuring a cooking contest between two women and an unctuous voiceover. Sorry, but I still get visions of a writer punching the air and marvelling at how he managed to get loads of dosh for coming up with such unimaginative shit. It doesn't even qualify as a piss-take, even if it was intended as one.

Comment

Saw the naff Audi Birth Ad at the cinema at the weekend for one of their boy racer range. Probably looked a decent idea on the storyboard. It's on youtube.

Nearly all the ads were over-stylised gubbins for upmarket cars, which maybe wasnt a surprise at a Mad Max film.

Comment

Saw the naff Audi Birth Ad at the cinema at the weekend for one of their boy racer range. Probably looked a decent idea on the storyboard.
                                                It's like they gave the account to HR Giger.

Comment

As much as I'm impressed by the Kraken Black Rum ad - a staggeringly-impressive couple of minutes featuring the titular creature coming to life from its illustrated label to overpower a ship - and I truly am, the sight of writhing tentacles smothered in what looks like a night-black blend of grease and oil does tend to have the potential to turn the stomach if you watch it at a time when you're not really feeling very well and defeat the purpose of buying anything to consume. It's beautifully animated, but a bit...yucky.

Comment

Christ. Is this thread still going?

ian.64 you are the man!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X