I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, Geronto, nearly each week brings a few candidates that guarantee an almost steady permanency to this thread. It'll get an anniversary soon, I'd reckon.

Comment

Good grief, it's over five years old! The daft thing is when I started it I didn't expect it to last longer than a few days. Seems silly, considering what a universal gripe it taps into.

Comment

Trouble is, Sam, that adverts now have grown a long way from back in the day when they were two-minute fondly-remembered masterpieces into raging sessions of shit that your brain can't erase. And it keeps happening, that universal gripe is one the gift you didn't want that keeps on giving.

Re-reading this thread some time ago has also been a hilarious joy, from the examples shown to the witty reactions to it. Best thread ever, I reckon.

Comment

How the fuck can rice pudding be greek inspired? Is it the hint of cinnamon that makes it so?

And what the fucking fuck are the European Games? I'm sure they have a completely altruistic aim given that the first ones are being held in Baku.

Comment

That Vanarama advert is really getting on my tits.

Fuck off, Cockney cunt - I don't give a shit if you're not working because your van's fucked. At least if you're at home and skint you might not buy the Sun, shout obscenities at passing women, nor treat the world to a view of your hideous hairy arsecrack.

Comment

Muller are really getting on my nerves at the moment. The advert I mention above, Nicole S and finally the yoghurt with "meringue style pieces". What the hell are they? Is it just polystyrene?

Comment

do you think they got her to say "Chocolate Coated balls." or do you think it's cut together from different sentences?

Comment

I've just seen an advert on the tube that appears to equate not doing the ice bucket challenge with being diagnosed with motor neurone disease.

Now that's hard selling by that charity.

Comment

I like that bear-taking muller rice ad. First ad I've liked in many years.

Comment

It's a shame Jim'll Fix It isn't on, or we could write in on your behalf, and you could meet the bear.

You can get a toy, though.

http://www.promomarketing.info/shopper/mller-rice-remix-offers-tasty-b-bear-collectable/20973

Comment

I've just seen an advert on the tube that appears to equate not doing the ice bucket challenge with being diagnosed with motor neurone disease.

Now that's hard selling by that charity.

There was a bit of a hoohah about that recently and I can see their point. Karma's a bitch if you're not very charitable, apparently. Hmmm.

Comment

MsD wrote: It's a shame Jim'll Fix It isn't on, or we could write in on your behalf, and you could meet the bear.

http://www.promomarketing.info/shopper/mller-rice-remix-offers-tasty-b-bear-collectable/20973
                          Hmmm. Looks a bit small. I want a full-size one. Plus I don't really like cold rice pudding.

Comment

Levin wrote: I've just seen an advert on the tube that appears to equate not doing the ice bucket challenge with being diagnosed with motor neurone disease.
                            Ah, that'll be the one that I saw with angry graffiti on it last night. I wondered what it was about.

Comment

MsD wrote:

Oh of fucking course you fucking can. That must be every ad pitch at the moment. "We can make toys."

Comment

That one for gastric bands with her out of Shameless that had one.

Just makes it look like the easy way out too many people wrongly assume it is.

Comment

So perfume adverts. Normally scenes of models at some classy occasion such as some high society ball, or perhaps dashing around the streets of Paris. For Chanel's latest advert they hang on to the models. However they take them to the less salubrious surroundings of a bowling alley. Somehow they don't get thrown out despite using perfume bottles instead of balls, and they are not wearing bowling shoes.

Comment

Betway - "We all like to talk about sport, but I get to live it."

No you don't you twat, you're a chauffeur who ferries around a golfer and a jockey, and those presumably aren't genuine as I don't recognise either and are probably a couple of actors in a rhomboid infected jumper and some silks.

How the fuck is that living it?

Comment

KFC. Uniting families through greasy, salty chicken and more fucking plinky heart-tugging music.

Comment

Oh god yes, I could take the grease and the salt, if only they'd make the mimsy plinky fucking music that makes me want to rip my ears off go away.

Comment

The guy checking his credit card balance on his phone while riding a mechanical bull on his stag do, wearing a pink tutu because his "mates" are so wacky.

Comment

Probably seen my 5,000,000th fragrance ad filmed in black-and-white and in slo-mo over the weekend. Have come to the conclusion that quite a few people in Adland should really be stacking shelves in Lidl as a true indication of their employment worth.

Comment

Betway - "We all like to talk about sport, but I get to live it."

No you don't you twat, you're a chauffeur who ferries around a golfer and a jockey, and those presumably aren't genuine as I don't recognise either and are probably a couple of actors in a rhomboid infected jumper and some silks.

How the fuck is that living it?

Just the smugness radiating from the first second is enough for me to hate it.

Betting ads in general, though, are the televisual spawn of the devil.

Comment

Just one little question: am I the only one who gets annoyed when I see a car ad and notice the line in the corner saying 'business users only'? Maybe I missed a memo or two, but it's similar to having a food ad that gives out the instruction 'not to be consumed by people living in council estates'.

Comment

It's not really an advert, but here is Condor Ferries safety video for you to enjoy, or not.

Comment

The "Skittles Pox" advert makes me want to vomit, I have to switch over every time it comes on.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X