Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

And indeed just a year or so after the death of Elisabeth Sladen...

Comment

Who?

Thats a great shame about Mary Tamm.
      I thought she was brilliant in 'The Odessa File'

Comment

Who?

Shit and Angharad Rees too - schoolboy crush.

Comment

Who?

So...

what would've happened if they actually got Tennant in a trenchcoat and Chuck Taylors to run the torch in a few nights ago ?

Comment

Who?

Which has been an in-joke in the Serge house-hold since 2006.
            And, Huw Edwards did the commentary then and now!

Comment

Who?

It never fails to get me a bit giddy.

Comment

Who?

True. Even though this one appears to have been made from snippets of only three stories.

Comment

Who?

The pre-release press said it featured all the first 5 episodes that, I think, precede the Xmas special.

Comment

Who?

Not the sodding Daleks again. I thought they'd been retired for a while.

Comment

Who?

It's been a while.

Comment

Who?

Disco Child Ballads wrote: Marry Tamm has died. Sadly this doesn't come that long after the death of Caroline John.
                        Yeah, I was gutted when I heard this too. Shame wannit.

Comment

Who?

I'm sure it hasn't escaped anyone's attention but the new series starts 7:20pm a week Saturday, September 1st.

Comment

Who?

I can't believe on a Monday, late morning , after the first Doc Who of a new season, I am the first to comment. Or has this thread been disabled ?

Well, lots of daleks, lose their threat after a while; but there were bits where they did seem slightly creepy again.

But generally my feeling of being underwhelmed by the Moffat era continues.
                            I can't put my finger on it; but it is glossy, well done; but lacks some kind of anchor.
                            I hope it improves, and will still watch it.

New girl (that was the new girl wasn't it, although in some family tie up to come I suppose, al al Martha?) I found annoying, but usually that is the case at the start.

Plus why, do they still use feet and inches to do measurements?
                            And while last year when I heard Amy and Rory were going, I thought shame.
                            They are going to have to raise their game abit, for me to miss them in agood way after this season.

My lad, 15 years old and gets the DHM etc, quite liked it though.

Comment

Who?

VTTBoscombe wrote: I can't believe on a Monday, late morning , after the first Doc Who of a new season, I am the first to comment.
                              That thought crossed my mind yesterday.

Maybe we've all got girlfriends now.

Comment

Who?

It's opened up a right frenzy as to how (or indeed whether) the Oswin Oswald character is to become the new companion. I mean she's a Dalek FFS! Albeit a very self-aware one.

Oh, and didn't she die along with everyone else on the asylum planet at the end, or was that just inferred?

Comment

Who?

Oh shit. Thought it was starting next week.

"Maybe we've all got girlfriends now."

Funnily enough, Kelly's much more of a fan than I am.

Comment

Who?

Well, I liked it.

Comment

Who?

Strange that not many people have weighed in yet. I liked it too, though for a story set in a Dalek asylum, there weren't nearly enough psychotic, schizoid, manic, demented or just stark raving mental Daleks.

If ever there was a story that Larry Miles should have written, this was it.

Comment

Who?

I don't have a girlfriend, but I've only just watched it on i-Player.

I liked it as well. I normally haven't liked the Dalek stories in the revived series, but that was probably the best one since 'Dalek'.

Comment

Who?

Yeah but the infiltrator daleks are shit aren't they?

Comment

Who?

Asylum of the Daleks - ****

For me, this was Stephen Moffat's Actung Baby or that Duran Duran song Come Undone or Run DMC's Down With The King. It was years after his best work, but absolutely solid and fun.

Like DCB said, the best Dalek episode since Dalek and while Mumpo's criticisms are absolutley valid (imagine how much fun they could've had with mad Daleks,) it at least had a gorgeous payoff.

I don't know what pro wrestling based its structure on (I suppose soap operas,) but I'm amazed at how it's infiltrated many top shows today. The Walking Dead comic makes no secret of its influence, with The Governor actually having pro wrestling matches in his compound.

The idea of the worst enemy becoming your friend is a common staple, and to have what Rogin said and a Dalek as a companion would be too brilliant to miss.

I just felt bad for the lame ducks of Amy and Rory. The show has passed them by, and here we are again, a brilliantly acted scene of them affirming their love that's been acted out innumerable times over the past few years. I can only hope they go out with some honor.

Loved the "Doctor Who" bit. Nice way of rebooting the series. Can't wait for the rest.

Comment

Who?

The bits with all of the "Eggs. Eggs. Eggs" was brilliant as well.

Perfect use of a dilapidated Dalek and poor old clueless Rory.

Comment

Who?

Mumpo wrote: Strange that not many people have weighed in yet.
                                                I think PG made a lot of the running on these threads.

Comment

Who?

Is Purves outta here these days ?

Comment

Who?

I don't think it's a policy decision on his part, or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X