Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

Fuck. I was busy searching for this thread so I could be the first to announce the news, but you beat me to it.

I think David Morissey would make a good Dr Who.

Comment

Who?

Oh.

I'd really got used to him.

Comment

Who?

Russell Davies: "we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending"

God help us.

Comment

Who?

Yeah. It's not going to be very Logopolis, is it?

Comment

Who?

The timing of this suggests they're trying to get Brand & Ross off the front pages.

Comment

Who?

Never a bad thing.

Comment

Who?

I think a two-three year minimum for Dr. Who candidates is okay, really. It keeps alive the fascination of who'll be the next Who after so-and-so finishes, and thus help the actor in the role wear his typecast-proof vest.

Comment

Who?

Not really much else to add, beyond the obvious - I'm surprised he didn't stay for the first Steven Moffat season, and will instead only be associated with Russell Davies' time in charge of the show. It does give Moffat a golden opportunity to really stamp his mark on the show from the off, however, which is an almost dizzyingly exciting prospect.

Mainly, though, it's a pity that Tennant won't appear in any more stories that aren't scripted by Russell Davies. I came downstairs this morning to find the kids, who didn't know about the announcement, watching The Girl In The Fireplace, and I stayed around for the final scenes before breaking the news to them.

Comment

Who?

Mumpo wrote:
                    Russell Davies: "we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending"

God help us.
                    No Daleks or Cybermen, please. They've become far too overfamiliar appearing in every bloody season finale.

Bring back the Ice Warriors!

Comment

Who?

Some bloke on the local radio station was saying today that Billie Piper was in line to be the next Doctor Who.

Not sure if he was just a few years behind the rest of us, or Steven Moffat has some very interesting ideas for his first series.

Comment

Who?

Ha ha. Whoever that was had presumably just read Lawrence Miles' latest blog entry and taken it as gospel.

It's sort of worth reading, mainly because of a great line about James Nesbit's acting ability.

Comment

Who?

And gives you the mental image of Davros playing the soggy biscuit game.

Comment

Who?

It's sort of worth reading, mainly because of a great line
                            monkeys/typewriters

Comment

Who?

Well who else saw that on Wogan in Need then?

If that was genuine (and I couldn't detect the spoof or irony, but then I am crap at that) that's it isn't it?

Comment

Who?

Forgot to watch. I'm guessing it was unpromising. Rusty always is when he dreams big (Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways excepted). It's no coincidence that his two best stories are Love & Monsters and Midnight (with a tip of the hat to the talky bits in Utopia).

I've steered clear of Xmas spesh spoilers as far as possible, but it's impossible to miss everything completely. Am I right in understanding that this is an adaptation of the Big Finish story about Banto Zame, the Doctor impersonator (who was played by Christopher Biggins in the original)?

Banto's was the name of the record shop in Blink, y'know. So I guess it must have had something going for it if the Moff saw fit to pay homage.

Comment

Who?

Rogin - No. David Morrissey was cast by RTD, the next doctor will be cast by Stephen Moffat.

I've not heard if it's an adaptation, but all we saw tonight was the teaser at the start.

I've heard little, other than the name of the story. But I'd lean towards PG's explanation, although they seem to be letting as little as possible out thankfully.

Comment

Who?

Just watched it.

Looked good (for a Christmas special, like); sounded awful.

If I ever meet Murray Gold I'm going to stuff a life-size effigy of Dudley Simpson up his arse. Less is more, you cloth-eared mong. God, it's like he's channeling the spirit of Keff McCulloch or something.

Comment

Who?

That said, Gold is only following the instructions of his producers. Once the Moff comes in, we could find it used differently.

Comment

Who?

Say what you want about the Goldmeister, the bottom line is that bassline and track for Doomsday was one of the best songs in any tv/film, ever. Almost Morricone level.

Comment

Who?

Captain Jack Harkness gets his wab out live on Radio 1.

Even more fruit-and-nuttily, how did Kelly Osbourne become an agony aunt? The highlight of her career was telling her even rougher Ma to "pass the fucking brussels sprouts" in their witless Xmas special.

I'm outta here.

Comment

Who?

My man Joe Stannard's article trailing the Christmas Special is up on The Quietus now.

Comment

Who?

Good article. But should tell your man that Ken Dodd appeared in Delta and the Bannermen, not The Happiness Patrol.

I'll get me anorak.

Comment

Who?

Noted and changed.

Comment

Who?

Nice work. Except that it was The Happiness Patrol, not Delta and the Bannermen, that was "often interpreted as a coded protest against Margaret Thatcher's homophobic Clause 28".

Sorry, it's all getting messy.

Comment

Who?

Fooking hell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X