Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

I think it's safe to say that you can judge that book by its cover.

Brilliance.

Comment

Who?

I'm taking my children to the Doctor Who Experience tomorrow as a half term treat, will report back.

Comment

Who?

I took YMG, LMG and TLG along last Sunday as a 12th birthday treat for YMG. TLG was scared senseless by seeing the daleks up close, even the crap new ones. But what had everybody gabbling away excitedly afterwards was the 3D bit with the weeping angel coming right up *this* close.

Comment

Who?

Yeah, great for my 9 & 7 year old daughters (who have been introduced to the show this series) and my 4 year old son (who has never seen it but I sold it to him on the "monsters & spaceships" angle). My friend's 6 year old who has only seen 'Adventures of Sarah-Jane' was frequently terrified though.

The "interactive" sections is very good and the 3D section is the best use of that technology I have ever seen. Surprised at how well done the exhibition afterwards was, the whole thing could easily fill 3 hours if a child's attention span lasts.

Comment

Who?

This might be the single greatest thing I have seen in my life.

Comment

Who?

Freema's hips are.

Comment

Who?

Possibly less universally popular but Tennant and Tate singing in Welsh accents gets my vote.

Comment

Who?

The first link was great, the second even better. I'm constantly befuddled by the fact that I loathed David Tennant as the Doctor, (certainly towards the end anyway), but 'out of character,' in an interview for example or in that clip, he always comes across as a genuinely top bloke.

Comment

Who?

The videos are a lovely reminder of how much I loved Tennant's Doctor but I now feel a bit of a slag for how readily I have embraced Matt Smith in the role.

Comment

Who?

"BBC agree to make Doctor Who movie"

Comment

Who?

Sorry, wrong link.

Comment

Who?

New Doctor to be Danny Dyer

Comment

Who?

Simultaneously thrilling and utterly disappointing news: Two of the missing episodes of Doctor Who have been discovered.

Tenth Planet 4? No.
                            Web of Fear part Anything? No.
                            Anything from Power of The Daleks, The Massacre, Marco Polo, The Highlanders or Fury From The Deep? No.

Galaxy 4 part 3, and The Underwater Menace part 2.

With laser-guided accuracy, fate has delivered into our hands the two missing episodes I care less about than any others, possibly even less thrilling than something from The Space Pirates.

Good news, and all that, and certainly encouraging about the prospects of something else turning up, as more decrepit film collectors die and have their collections picked over by executors, but you know, bloody hell. The Underwater Menace part 2 and Galaxy 4 part 3. Jesus.

Comment

Who?

Fucking hell, what Purves just said, but fucking, fucking, fucking hell.

Comment

Who?

Oooh.
                                Oh.

Comment

Who?

That was announced at the Missing Believed Wiped event today - I thought I heard that they'd been screened there before we arrived, but that wasn't the case.

Comment

Who?

Did you see the recently recovered Dennis Potter play, Emergency Ward 9, that was shown there, MsD? From what I hear it's fairly ... challenging stuff.

Comment

Who?

No, we saw a very surreal Rolf Harris show, some clips from Oh Boy including 18 year old Cliff pulling sex faces, and a guitar festival. And then, holy heaven, Jean Genie live on TOTP. My male companion was wearing a long coat and scarf and a similarly dressed chap asked him excitedly if he'd known about the Dr Who clips, as he thought he overheard us discussing them. That's all.

Comment

Who?

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                        That's choice Harry thanks.

The Ood's the star.

And what Jason said - Freema's hips.

Comment

Who?

I feel compelled to share the 43rd birthday cake my wife and daughters presented to me yesterday;

Comment

Who?

Ah, man a new Dennis Potter has turned up and it's not 'Paper Roses' his early 70's pop at Murdoch. Gutted.

Another missing thing i'd love to see turn up is 'The Road' a bleak 60's play for BBC that Nigel Kneale did about 17th Century villagers being haunted by ghosts that turn out to be cars from the future M4 motorway.

You know i've got a feeling that somewhere there's an evil misanthropic bastard with his own home cinema, getting his servants to play these original reels while he eats caviar, drinks vinatge port and laughs like a happy maniac.

Comment

Who?

Comment

Who?

Ha ha.

"It is completely unreasonable to assume that any episode of Marco Polo will ever be found."

What do you think Cracker would make of statements like that?

Comment

Who?

Sad to see Amy going, not so sad to see Rory going.

Comment

Who?

Mat wrote:
                                                    Ha ha.

"It is completely unreasonable to assume that any episode of Marco Polo will ever be found."

What do you think Cracker would make of statements like that?
                                                    To be fair to him, I think he's deliberately trying to tempt fate with those comments.

Anyway, another fine Xmas episode. Nothing challenging, nothing too dark, just throwaway feelgood filler.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X