The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    So have they abstained just so they can technically say they didn't vote against holding an election?
    Yep.

Meanwhile Johnson said at the despatch box that it's the first time in history that an opposition has voted its confidence in a government, which is complete bollocks as they did nothing of the sort.

Comment

What the fuck were those eejits in the Lib Dems thinking with the FTPA? That and plastic bag tax were the hills they went to die on. Mitigating pointless austerity wasn't a thing but.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Yep.

Meanwhile Johnson said at the despatch box that it's the first time in history that an opposition has voted its confidence in a government, which is complete bollocks as they did nothing of the sort.
        Has anyone used privilege to ask the cunt how many kids he has yet?

Comment

BBC say some Tory members are angry at Ken Clarke's stance on Europe and that he voted against the government. They've been selecting him for nearly half a decade in full knowledge of his stance on Europe so can hardly be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Has anyone used privilege to ask the cunt how many kids he has yet?
            You think that he knows?

Comment

Good point, well made.

Comment

I see Lord Forsyth is leading the Lords Filibuster. He was like a swear word to most everyone in central belt 80s Scotland, Thatcher's lapdog (including the Wet Tory Minister Rifkind household no doubt). The dictionary definition of wee nyaff. Hope he chokes on his own tongue.

Comment

It's at times like this I miss Tubbs the most.

Comment

There's a bad part of me that hopes Johnson succeeds with his Big Rouse and even wins a majority in his fucking Death or Glory English Nat Election, cos for sure no deal will drive the Remain undecideds to back Indy. Trade with England will be moot if the rump UKania resembles Argentina circa '98.

Comment

Comment

I really don't. But sometimes it's hard.

Comment

Stop voting the cunts in (SE, rural, Midlands and (not yet but I'm scared ye will) blasted North) England.

Comment

More Scots voted Tory than Labour in 2017 Spoony...

Comment

I'm well aware of that. Scotland is a small c conservative country with a unionist majority of voters (and many old Labour seats capitalized on that with their caveman "unreconstructed"* MPs during their long hegemony). But it's also an indictment of the shitmess collapse of Labour since 2014 that they are now the third party. About to be 4th I'd wager as the Lib Dems under fuckin Swinson become the 1st choice party of Staunch Unionists that aren't Sash singing mouth breathers.

*my childhood MP is now a Labour peer and a Brexiter. Also a terrible snob, sexist and racist.
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-09-2019, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                BBC say some Tory members are angry at Ken Clarke's stance on Europe and that he voted against the government. They've been selecting him for nearly half a decade* in full knowledge of his stance on Europe so can hardly be surprised.
                                *century

Comment

13 seats out of 59 takes the Scotch Tories to roughly where they were under Thatcher in the 80s, when Labour were the hegemon with 50 of 75 MPs.
                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-09-2019, 22:24.

Comment

I have to clarify I really don't want no deal hell, outside my blackest of moods.

Comment

Also with the Tories pulling the shit they are now, you’re absolutely not getting another referendum. Same for an NI border poll.

Comment

Yeah, I fear Scotland is absolutely banjaxed. The Czech divorce solution of the Big Country initiating proceedings out of boredom/exasperation with the rump is prob still more likely. and the Slovaks didn't have a nuclear sub base or oil.

but medium/long term, this shit will not stand.
                                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-09-2019, 22:47.

Comment

Once being a partner in worldwide plunder and genocide was no longer a thing, what kept the union together was some idea of shared values and Scotland Being Listened To. The Welfare State replaced Empire, now the main function of Holyrood seems to be to preserve it against the Tory onslaught on decency. Being part of Europe was the other since 73, with that now going there is precious little reason for the UK to hold together. I don't think denying a section 30 is tenable for more than 5 years at best. And things seem to be unraveling at speed these days.

Comment

Though the fuckin Scots would prob still shite it but.

Comment

I suppose Johnson's next move if he wants an election is to put forward a motion of no confidence in his own government.

Comment

Didn't he try that tonight?

Comment

I don't think he can do that under the Fixed Term Parliament Act.

Though he could try to repeal that act.

Comment

Is there any chance that if there's a no confidence vote, a minority Labour government can form with supply and support from smaller parties and independents until we have an A50 extension? And after letting Boris stew for a few months in opposition, and - for electoral purposes - letting the Brexit Party that Boris is clearly not competent to deliver Brexit so they have to stand against him - then attempting to call an election?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X