Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay in Line

https://twitter.com/AndrewGillum/status/1059935966679441408

Beyoncé endorses Beto. A little late, Bey. but still.

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1059937364699570176

Comment

Why did she leave it so late?

Comment

Yeah, really odd. Not that I think celebrity endorsements can make a huge difference, but if you're going to come out and take a stand, why wait until a few hours before polls close?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
          If I might be candid for a second, you're utterly fucking baffling on this thread. Is there no reason to vote other than 'black issues / white issues' which are clearly and indelibly labeled as such? Can you not just be an American who's voting for the direction his country is going; its place in the world; its foreign and trade policy; its future as a nation; the principles of democracy; the treatment of its citizens and the opportunities it helps afford them? Or is truly just down to 'what's in it for my skin colour'?
          Feel free to be as candid as you want.

There are black issues because there are certain things that will happen in America if you look like me and will not if you look like you.
          If you do not know what i am talking about, I suggest you take a look at the white Supremacy thread.

I am in a charitable mood so i will save you the trouble and list certain "black issues" that I would like to see addressed.

Do something about police brutality specifically targeted against black people
          Do something about racist white people who continually harrass and threaten black people when:
          BBQ-ing
          Sleeping at university
          Entering their homes
          Renting on AirBNB
          using communal swimming pools
          Washing cars
          mowing the lawn

Then there are racist people who goad and provoke black people into situations so that they can legitimately shoot them dead.
          Florida is the state of Zimmermann and there is this recently in the same state.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c0jzumV9iE

Or is truly just down to 'what's in it for my skin colour'?
          We are not asking for much, just a politician who ensures that we are treated like human beings and pushes to make sure existing laws are applied such as:

Harassment
          Threatening behaviour
          Frivolously calling the emergency services

Or is truly just down to 'what's in it for my skin colour'?
          Thats the main objective of politics. it is the division of resources within a society.

Are you equally scathing about other groups that demand specific treatment from politicians such as:

LBGT
          Hispanic groups who fight for the rights of undocumented migrants
          Female reproductive rights

Or do you consider their causes more worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
            I'd argue his point was that black people are safer under Trump.
            Yes safer.
            At least race soldiers are being arrested and charged (albeit belatedly) under Trump.

Also Trump isn't bombing parts of Africa like Obama or calling black people demonstrating against police brutality Thugs

Comment

Blacks can vote for people locally who would do something about racist abuses. Nationally I share your pessimism but midterms are mainly local. Not voting on the other hand will give you Republicans who encourage the abuses.

Comment

The CNN Peter Snow thinks things are looking good for the Dems.

wolf. blitzer. is. still. live. in. the. situation. room.

Comment

With less than 1% of a couple of states reporting . . .

Comment

yeah cnn don't half talk shite

Comment

America you've got a bit of a democracy problem

you need UN observers in future

https://twitter.com/JordanCozby/status/1059962159566909440

Comment

In early shocks, Bernie Sanders is re-elected, while "Confederate Monuments" Corey Stewart goes down in Virginia.

Comment

Nef, we've had a democracy problem ever since white people showed up.

Promising early news on an important referendum (but very early)

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1059964863815081984

Comment

Florida May also vote to end dog-racing. That would be awesome.

Comment

Being distracted by other things, I could do without headlines saying "Polls Close", which doesn't mean the other "Polls Close", even if they are close, when they close.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Nef, we've had a democracy problem ever since white people showed up.

Promising early news on an important referendum (but very early)

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1059964863815081984
                                remember reading Jimmy Carter on the corruption he encountered on his First electoral Race for the Georgia State Senate, mindblowing.

\Looking for it I discovered " Carter is the only U.S. president to have lived in subsidized housing before he took office"

and this "n 1979, Carter deregulated the American beer industry by making it legal to sell malt, hops, and yeast to American home brewers for the first time since the effective 1920 beginning of Prohibition in the United States.[154] This Carter deregulation led to an increase in home brewing over the 1980s and 1990s that by the 2000s had developed into a strong craft microbrew culture in the United States, with 3,418 micro breweries, brewpubs, and regional craft breweries in the United States by the end of 2014.[155]"

Comment

CNN Peter Snow did badly in 2016, with Wolf constantly pressing him for clarifications.

Comment

CNN say Comstock has lost.

Comment

imagine. wolf. blitzer. talking. dirty.

Comment

Sherrod Brown projected to win by NBC. Quite a good sign that happened reasonably fast.

Comment

Comstock's down 58-42 with 59% reporting. Explanation of turnaround since 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                            and this "n 1979, Carter deregulated the American beer industry by making it legal to sell malt, hops, and yeast to American home brewers for the first time since the effective 1920 beginning of Prohibition in the United States.[154] This Carter deregulation led to an increase in home brewing over the 1980s and 1990s that by the 2000s had developed into a strong craft microbrew culture in the United States, with 3,418 micro breweries, brewpubs, and regional craft breweries in the United States by the end of 2014.[155]"
                                            Just came from one of the 3,418+, got the day off, ready to hunker down for the next few hrs and see my country s-l-o-w-l-y get it sorta right.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/1059973179786051584

Comment

Texas results starting to come in.

Comment

I think that CNN Peter Snow must dream of killing Wolf Blitzer.

Comment

Not looking brilliant so far. Might take the House but Senate looking safely for the Racist Cunts Party.
                                                    Last edited by Etienne; 07-11-2018, 01:20.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X