Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Knitwear, National Hunt horses or both?
    Lifesize models of Alex Coles and Jonny Hill in action wearing Santa outfits

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
      My Christmas jumpers arrived yesterday.
      JUMPERS! plural...

how many exactly and what distinguishes them all. And which is worn where and why

Comment

He wears two jumpers when he plays golf, in case he gets a hole in one.

I'll see myself out.

Comment

It's only bleeding November 11!

Comment

In a text conversation last night, sister suggested that instead of everyone buying specific presents for everyone else in attendance on Christmas Day (and we are well into double figures this year) each person brings a selection of presents and we do a draw* for the whole lot, like a non specific secret Santa.

This is an absolute game changer and has been received with relief and jubilation from everyone I've informed.

During negotiations I tabled an amendment that people should buy local where possible, which was accepted without division.

*we already do a (long drawn out) draw to determine which present gets opened next (a family tradition which our parents imposed on us so we've imposed it on our families), so we get to keep that going in amended form.

Comment

P's birthday is at the end of November. I have no bandwidth to think about xmas before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                My Name Is Ian's personalised Quality Street tip off might be a big help with one difficult present need. Thank you!
                Shocking selection of chocolates in his mind you. They must have sold out of all the nice ones that year

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

Shocking selection of chocolates in his mind you. They must have sold out of all the nice ones that year
                  Deary me oh lord I hadn't looked until you said that. OMG.

Comment

Christmas haters don’t deserve nice Christmas chocolates

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

I thought Ian quite liked Christmas?

Comment

I think I loathe chocolate to the same degree as ad hoc does cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post

Lifesize models of Alex Coles and Jonny Hill in action wearing Santa outfits
                          A fine answer, although I would have chosen George "The Goatman" Robson and Nick Easter in trademark England "Shit throw, too high, but I can still grab it one handed in my massive paw" pose.

Comment

JUMPERS! plural...

how many exactly and what distinguishes them all. And which is worn where and why
                            Two.

One with Jack Skellington motifs, one with Stormbreaker/Thor/The Mighty Thor motifs from Thor: Love and Thunder.

To be worn at my discretion at work, probably during the week 19-22 December (I have the 23rd off) along with two others from the collection to keep a different look each day.

Because I have no distinguishing personality characteristics so I may as well be the tedious one with zany clothes BUT NO CHARACTER TIES. EVER.

See also my Green Lantern Christmas jumper I wore last week because I had a shit day and needed something diverting to change into when I got home from work.

Not sure which jumper will be worn on Christmas day itself. Possibly my Superman one.

Comment

Christmas starts tomorrow for us (due to a combination of holidays & work commitments). We buy the 7 grandchildren presents, but the 4 children and their respective partners get taken out for a meal. It's the Northern half of the family's turn tomorrow; local pub with decent food which we can all walk too. The Leicester side will be early December and I'm just waiting for the call from my Dad, "do you mind if your mother and me tag along? Have you thought about going to Miller & Carter for a steak, we've heard it's very nice. As you're driving, you can give us a lift".

Mrs F and myself never buy each other presents and we don't buy the dogs anything either, though they do get treated on Christmas Day to a full turkey dinner (though not with brussel sprouts anymore - that painful Christmas will linger large in the memory, very much like the smell at the time).

Comment

Do you wear jumpers in the house, on krismas day? Is it not a bit warm?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                  Cost of living crisis, innit

Comment

Can I just shock you? I don't mind Christmas despite what I said earlier. At the end of December where it belongs, and not in bloody November. John Lewis can still fuck off, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      Do you not wear jumpers in the house? How warm do you keep your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I think I loathe chocolate to the same degree as ad hoc does cheese.
                                        This tracks.

Comment

Fussbudget is playing everyone off the park here.

Comment

Who is John Lewis? Not the late politician and civil rights leader, I assume.

Comment

He invented supermarkets and overpriced own-brand goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Two.

One with Jack Skellington motifs, one with Stormbreaker/Thor/The Mighty Thor motifs from Thor: Love and Thunder.

To be worn at my discretion at work, probably during the week 19-22 December (I have the 23rd off) along with two others from the collection to keep a different look each day.

Because I have no distinguishing personality characteristics so I may as well be the tedious one with zany clothes BUT NO CHARACTER TIES. EVER.

See also my Green Lantern Christmas jumper I wore last week because I had a shit day and needed something diverting to change into when I got home from work.

Not sure which jumper will be worn on Christmas day itself. Possibly my Superman one.
                                                So own up- two this year. How many in total? Noone's judging you here, Eggchaser, We just want to help

Comment

Do you not wear jumpers in the house? How warm do you keep your house?
                                                  I don't have heating on. Or a jumper. Like, right now I'm here in a t-shirt, and I'm plenty warm enough. Jumpers are outdoor clothes, I'd feel all horribly restricted if I wore one indoors. Ugh.

Comment

Can I just shock you? I don't mind Christmas despite what I said earlier. At the end of December where it belongs, and not in bloody November. John Lewis can still fuck off, mind.
                                                    Have I mentioned just how much I'm on Team Fussbudget here? This, all fucking day.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X