F*** off with Christmas already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

So own up- two this year. How many in total? Noone's judging you here, Eggchaser, We just want to help
    A Beatles' week's worth.

Comment

Had my first mince pie of the season today. Costa have got their Christmas snacks out.

Comment

Found a radio station already on a Christmas playlist while hopping channels today.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
          Found a radio station already on a Christmas playlist while hopping channels today.
          One of the TV film channels I receive starts showing exclusively Christmas films around the end of September each year.

Comment

Mariah Carey and Wham! both re-entered the UK singles chart top 100 yesterday. I think I read somewhere that Carey had re-entered the daily streaming top 100 on 1 November.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

A Beatles' week's worth.
              and do they all get an outing over the festive season? Or can we imagine an Eggchaser Christmas tearjerker inspired by ToyStory in which the rejected Christmas jumper manages to make its way out of the bottom drawer and escape to Teeside to show any grinches there the real meaning of Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post

One of the TV film channels I receive starts showing exclusively Christmas films around the end of September each year.

I think that I've got a number of Christmas film channels and possibly a music one too, but I don't really care to check.

A couple of months ago a friend, slightly shamefacedly, admitted that he was one of these Christmas-film-at-any-time-of-the-year enthusiasts. Not the sort of person I would have expected either.

Comment

On being updated on Mariah Carey's current chart position, Mrs AB requested clarity on when it would be mutually acceptable to get the Christmas Spotify playlists on. Agreement was finalised at December 1st, and no earlier.

On Christmas ads, the major UK supermarket I worked for used to have a rule: no festive TV ads or instore Christmas point-of-sale until after Remembrance Sunday. Looks like that's gone for a Burton...

Comment

My mother-in-law has started knitting Christmas Pud themed ‘cosies’ for Chocolate Orange presents she intends to distribute, which are rather sweet.

Mrs Slacks has ordered the Turkey and already sorting the logistics for the annual blow out, as we’ll be hosting again. I refuse point blank to even think about it until December 1 at the very earliest, and grumpily tut at any ads or shops already in full swing.

Comment

I already have a three-bird roast and 48 pigs in blankets in the freezer, and two litres of Baileys in the fridge.

Comment

I wish we had 48. That's a good number. 24 each.

Comment

I don't know what to have as the main thing this year though.

Comment

Daniel O'Donnell has a new LP ready for the festive season, strangely the tv advert I saw did not seem to play much of the actual 'music'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                              48 pigs in blankets in the freezer
                              It is an extremely good idea to buy PIBs now and freeze. Supplies run out earlier and earlier, and customers look utterly bemused when presented with sausages, streaky bacon and an invitation to make their own. As if they didn't realise that these are the only two ingredients.

Anyway sausage balls > PIBs (and it's a good idea to buy yer sausage meat in advance too.)

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

It is an extremely good idea to buy PIBs now and freeze. Supplies run out earlier and earlier, and customers look utterly bemused when presented with sausages, streaky bacon and an invitation to make their own. As if they didn't realise that these are the only two ingredients.

Anyway sausage balls > PIBs (and it's a good idea to buy yer sausage meat in advance too.)
                                You just try buying sausages - especially ones suitable for PIB'ing - any time after December 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                  two litres of Baileys in the fridge.
                                  Do you have an enormous fridge? There's no need to keep Baileys in the fridge that far in advance (or at all, really unless you like it chilled)

Comment

My daughter started decorating for Christmas this week. I am insisting that she keeps it to her bedroom until after Thanksgiving, at least.

Comment

The usual translatlantic reminder that in the US pigs-in-blankets are basically sausage rolls; UK pigs in blankets are basically sausages wrapped in bacon.

Which makes me think that perhaps this year I'll double down and make bacon-wrapped-sausages inside puff pastry, so nobody feels short-changed.

Comment

Except pigs, maybe.

Comment

My guess is their expectations would be pretty low if they knew pigs in any form were being served. And that's assuming I'd invite them to Christmas in the first place.

Comment

I like bacon and I like sausage. But when did these pigs in blankets become a part of the trad Christmas dinner? Maybe my 60+ years' memories are letting me down but we never had them as kids.

Comment

Quite.

Comment

Anyway, I've just decided: fish for us this year. And sumptuous octopus.

Comment

Oi!

Comment

We always had pigs in blankets at Christmas dinner. Well, I didn't as I don't care for them, but they were always available should I lose my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X