If there was a mass OTF fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that EIM was taking the piss as he knew that he was the hardest on here but I am not sure that he is a feminazi lovin' student. He has gone all edukayshonal. I hear wasps are taking the piss on your manor nowadays.

Not only that but I had to help our six degrees of chippy Mancunian mutual friend to throw a bloke out of the Hop Pole the other. A stone mason, he was. A Northern stone mason, no less. trebeis was holding my scotch egg, he'll tell you.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: trebeis was holding my scotch egg, he'll tell you.
      Yep. Bloke comes in, looks Bored up and down, says, “Turn tha’ fookin’ shirt down, cock, can’t hear a fookin’ thing in ‘ere”. Bored gives me his scotch egg, wipes his mouth with his sleeve, upturns a bowl of dry roasted on the bar, shouts “Who you calling cock, cunt?” and lamps this bloke in the face with the empty bowl. Everything over with in about five seconds, absolute tops.

And the thing was, Bored had his pint of bitter dash in his other hand the whole time and didn’t spill a drop.

Comment

MsD wrote: Then it will be "The Lady Who Scraped Me Off The Side Of The Refreshment Kiosk And Drove Me To The Hospital" that you refer to.

I jest.

Or do I?
        Too fucking right you do. She can't drive.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: I was thinking that EIM was taking the piss as he knew that he was the hardest on here
          Isn't Calvert the hardest on the board? Or maybe I just think that because of the accent.

Comment

Etienne wrote: The X11 crowd would have to have an internal debate as to the ethics of employing the 'bruise' function before wading in.

An in-joke there. Inclusive.
            Watch it, mister, before we go very offensive on you and hammer home some long range shots.

Comment

Fussbudget wrote:
              Originally posted by Bored of Education
              I was thinking that EIM was taking the piss as he knew that he was the hardest on here
              Isn't Calvert the hardest on the board? Or maybe I just think that because of the accent.
              I reckon dalliance would be a terrible person to fight. I know he's only about 4'7, but I imagine he's violent. And relentless. Bloody relentless.

Comment

Three threads I don't understand spilling into one thread I don't understand.

What is an X11?

Comment

Fussbudget wrote: Isn't Calvert the hardest on the board? Or maybe I just think that because of the accent.
                  I've only ever heard one OTFer speak and, if accents are anything to go by, then he's the hardest.

I'm not going to name names, but if, like me, you've heard him trying to get a Christmas market trader in a village in Schleswig-Holstein to give him another mulled wine even though it's past closing time, you'll realise just how terrifying shouted German with a South African lilt can sound.

Comment

TonTon wrote: What is an X11?
                    The X Window System (X11, X, and sometimes informally X-Windows) is a windowing system for bitmap displays, common on UNIX-like computer operating systems. X provides the basic framework for a GUI environment: drawing and moving windows on the display device and interacting with a mouse and keyboard.

The Honda X11, or CB1100SF, is a naked bike with a 1,137 cc (69.4 cubic inches) liquid-cooled engine with a 1990s-style cooling unit at its fore end.

XQuartz (formerly and often still informally referred to as X11.app) is Apple Inc.'s version of the X server, a component of the X Window System, for Mac OS X. The X Window System is a standard framework for creating applications with a graphical user interface on Unix-like operating systems. XQuartz is therefore required to allow cross-platform applications not specifically designed for OS X to run on it, including much scientific and academic software. The name derives from Quartz, the OS X graphics framework, to which XQuartz connects these applications.

X11 is a hashing algorithm created by Dash core developer Evan Duffield. X11’s chained hashing algorithm approach utilizes a sequence of eleven cryptographic hashing algorithms for the proof-of-work. This is so that the processing distribution is fair and coins will be distributed in much the same way Bitcoin’s were originally.

The SM-65A Atlas, or Atlas A, also designated X-11 was the first full-scale prototype of the Atlas missile, which first flew on 11 June 1957. Unlike later versions of the Atlas missile, the Atlas A did not feature the stage and a half design. Instead, the booster engines were fixed in place, and the sustainer engine was omitted.

Take your pick.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                      Originally posted by Bored of Education
                      trebeis was holding my scotch egg, he'll tell you.
                      Yep. Bloke comes in, looks Bored up and down, says, “Turn tha’ fookin’ shirt down, cock, can’t hear a fookin’ thing in ‘ere”. Bored gives me his scotch egg, wipes his mouth with his sleeve, upturns a bowl of dry roasted on the bar, shouts “Who you calling cock, cunt?” and lamps this bloke in the face with the empty bowl. Everything over with in about five seconds, absolute tops.

And the thing was, Bored had his pint of bitter dash in his other hand the whole time and didn’t spill a drop.
                      Hey, that Gem has gone up a penny.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                        Originally posted by Fussbudget
                        I've only ever heard one OTFer speak and, if accents are anything to go by, then he's the hardest.

I'm not going to name names, but if, like me, you've heard him trying to get a Christmas market trader in a village in Schleswig-Holstein to give him another mulled wine even though it's past closing time, you'll realise just how terrifying shouted German with a South African lilt can sound.
                        Where is everyone hearing Calvert and his accent? As soon as I pushed send on the post about EIM, I suddenly thought that Calvert may be the Daddy of OTF. I think he is the hardest just by what he writes. Also, I had no idea he was South African.

Comment

He isn't. G-Man is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure G-man is Ger-man.

Comment

I'm only on the Star Wars thread. Willing to give it a go. Word of warning, I won't be taking my rings off.

Comment

Having seen G-Man in action (yes, it was he, although I've no idea how you guessed), I'd say that G-Man is anything he says he is. If he claimed to be a Mongolian grandmother, I'd nod in agreement, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: I'm only on the Star Wars thread. Willing to give it a go. Word of warning, I won't be taking my rings off.

Ouch.

Comment

Fussbudget wrote: I'm pretty sure G-man is Ger-man.
                                    Soz, meant German with a South African accent.

Comment

Can't stand all this Mainzplaining.

Comment

Calvert doesn't have an accent.

Comment

I think supporters of BRCs would cream the lot of them, using their twin weapons of self-righteousness and verbosity.

Comment

Pjanic in the streets of Dublin wrote: Calvert doesn't have an accent.
                                            There is no such thing as not having an accent, surely?

I have no idea what he actually sounds like, but I've always read all his posts in that voice.

Comment

In my head, I mean. Not out loud. That would be ridiculous.

Comment

That would be freakin' awesome.

Comment

Bonjour Madame. I meant he sounds like me, at least to your ear.

Comment

I sometimes read treibeis' posts in the wrong accent before remembering he's not one of the locals.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X