No announcement yet.

Old cars that now look tremendous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the little flag on the grille that led me to my guess.

So a Packard eh? This was a couple of blocks from that enormous Packard(?) I put on here a year or two back.

Edit: no the one in 2017 turned out to be a Buick.
    Last edited by Sits; 19-12-2019, 10:48.

Comment

This is my Dad's Rover 60 in 1962. The first car he really wanted, rather than could just about afford. One owner, couple of years old (I think.) He took the photo outside our house in Stevenage. Moved up to a three litre three or four years later, but there are no portraits of it that look like this.

Comment

That's beautiful. Suicide doors?

Comment

If memory serves, yes.

Comment

Apologies if this has cropped up already. I haven't read all 21 pages, but I took my driving test in my Dad's Cortina mk3. Same colour as well.

Comment

So the square one I had was a Mark 4, right? Beige, with a brown vinyl roof.

Comment

Like this?

Comment

The Mk 4 was lovely too, but not in the same class

Comment

Apparently it was very suitable for driving across fields.

Comment

Them's the badgers, yes indeed. Almost exactly like the first, without the writing. Oh, and a proper aerial, not that silly thing. And it was a year older, S reg. (S-plate special coming down the line)

It said it was a 1.6 but someone had put a 2.0 engine in it. Knackered, it was, and I didn't have it that long.
                      Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 17-01-2020, 12:00.

Comment

I can understand the conversion. That 2 litre engine was wonderful. My friend's s Dad had a 2 litre mk3, whereas ours was a 1600. The difference was palpable.

Be very careful about lending your motor to your sons. We were nice kids, but turned into idiots behind a steering wheel.

Comment

I got stopped in it after doing a ton on the A24 down to Worthing. Apparently I was very lucky he hadn't had the chance to clock me properly, as I saw him immediately and slowed down.

Given I had to fight to keep it in a straight line, that might not have been my best ever driving choice.

Comment

Just popping in to say that "Them's the badgers" is absolutely glorious phrase that is new to me and that I can't wait to use it down the bodega

Comment

Haha.

I suspect it's my own personal perversion of the more widely used "that's the badger".

Comment

You mean "infinitely superior version", of course

Comment

You're very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                    S-plate special coming down the line
                                    I’m seeing a shiny new Allegro rolling down a ramp, closely followed by a Princess. Or something. Good memory trigger TT.

Comment

I am not sure we had TV then. And if we had, I doubt there'd have been much ITV on. I remember it from people singing it, I think.
                                      Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 18-01-2020, 14:57.

Comment

Comment

Columbo-tastic...

Comment

I had a 504 (not a convertible though.) Lovely car but its fuel injection system didn't like moisture, which made it kinda problematic in this climate.

Comment

As a serial Peugeot owner, I wonder if I put this up here before https://www.peugeot.co.uk/concept-ca...ninhibited-gt/

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                                As a serial Peugeot owner, I wonder if I put this up here before https://www.peugeot.co.uk/concept-ca...ninhibited-gt/
                                                Looks like a Dodge Charger.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Looks like a Dodge Charger.
                                                  To a blind man, maybe.

A Camaro in a pinch, if you squint just right.

Comment

Sounds like business for a "cars I get mixed up" thread. Camaro and Dodgers are just different brands of the same car.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X