Tory Corruption thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Those are almost poverty wages for lobbying.
    They really are. It reminded me of how shocked and disappointed I was at how much 80's dublin county Councillors were getting for planning decisions. Those people had little sense of the scale of the money involved. It certainly wasn't because they were sensibly "long term greedy" either

Comment

That's the thing about these cunts though, not only are they corrupt, they price themselves too cheap.

But then, it's never about the money, it's about the exercise of power and the danger of not getting away with it. Osborne didn't need to dodge £150 train fare repeatedly, it was about getting away with it because of who he was. Lack of consequences just makes it a jolly jape for all involved.

Comment

It was mostly about the money for Liam Lawlor and the lads though. Getting envelopes of cash in the sadly closed conway's pub, across the road from the rotunda. It was a really beautiful victorian pub where countless generations of northside dublin fathers drank their way through their wife's labour. It sadly closed in 2008 due to peak celtic tiger property wankery, related to it and the parnell mooney's two or three doors down.

I can't help feeling that Osborne has amply demonstrated that he was in it for the big big money though

Comment

Looking at those amounts, I'm not sure that having a pet tory mp would be much more expensive than my dog currently is (though my dog is old and requires much more medical treatment than he used to).

Comment

To be fair, your dog is probably a lot smarter than the average Tory backbencher these days.

Comment

And a damn sight more loyal...

Comment

https://twitter.com/LincsLimpet/status/1645793844745871360?t=18MBosVFWs3koeipiIUpiA&s=19

Voter ID is effectively disenfranchising millions, now they are encouraging people to send their postal vote applications to them. How many will potentially end up in the bin?

Comment

How does a photo ID work with a postal vote?

Comment

It doesn't seem to be required (on the basis of the form)
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 11-04-2023, 19:34.

Comment

I'm thinking about the ridiculous introduction of photo ID being required over here from next month.

Comment

I know

Which is why it seens strange that one isn't required for a postal ballot that on its face would be valid after photo id is required for an in person vote

Comment

Ah, your edit made my last post irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                            That's the thing about these cunts though, not only are they corrupt, they price themselves too cheap.

But then, it's never about the money, it's about the exercise of power and the danger of not getting away with it. Osborne didn't need to dodge £150 train fare repeatedly, it was about getting away with it because of who he was. Lack of consequences just makes it a jolly jape for all involved.
                            that's just what's declared, though

Comment

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1647928238105296899?s=09

Comment

(The interest being his wife's shareholding in a child care firm that just happened to be one of those selected by the government to take part in a pilot scheme for new child care policies).

Comment

Jesus. He'd already be gone here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    Not enough in it for us

Comment

Hahaha. I can't help feeling that these two things are linked.

Comment

It would be a nice pretext for the 1922 lads to get Johnson back in, possibly after a VAR referral.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                          The current bar for a Conservative MP appears to be "Murder" and I think it would still be labelled a woke lefty plot to oust a victim of tragic circumstances.

Comment

Well, I thought he wouldn't have an interest in running the country for anyone other than himself, his family and his immediate circle, so why would he have to?
                                            Last edited by Snake Plissken; 17-04-2023, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              It doesn't seem to be required (on the basis of the form)
                                              No ID required for a postal vote, no. I'm voting postally.

Comment

Have you got a vote next month? We haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

No ID required for a postal vote, no. I'm voting postally.
                                                  Which makes a mockery of the process as I would expect mail fraud is the easiest way to subvert an election.

Comment

Oh easily. Always has been.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X