No announcement yet.

Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remember the last time I had an Easter egg. Actually I can't remember the last time I even saw one

Comment

I don't recall ever having a proper English one.

We used to have small solid milk chocolate ones as children, and I have a vague recollection of some relative passing off a hollow one that was about four inches high.

Comment

A proper English Easter egg is, of course, by tradition overpriced and hollow and an innate disappointment when you discover that the egg isn’t made in the style of the chocolate bar it’s branded with but is just generic milk chocolate with a couple of miniatures inside or next to it. When someone finally makes an egg that’s entire Daim bar or Curly Wurly it’s going to revolutionize children’s lives. But it won’t be a proper English one which reeks of a combination of brief sugar high and deflation.

Comment

Easter egg chocolate is infinitely better than any other chocolate.
          It's something about the shape, the texture, the variations in thickness etc.

Comment

The biggest disappointment about English Easter eggs is that yours are usually gone within about 48 hours. Yet somehow your sister still has chocolate left weeks and weeks later and you don’t understand why or how and it’s sooooooo unfair.

Comment

Somehow I wasn't a big chocolate eater when I was a kid (in stark contrast to now, where I have to almost physically restrain myself), so my Easter eggs and accompanying bits would sit around in my room until about October when they'd get chucked out. So, I suppose that might make me SB's sister. My sisters both wolfed theirs down within a couple of days.
              This year my kids requested Swedish fish for Easter, so that's what they got, with a couple of Cadbury mini caramel eggs and bunny-shaped gummies thrown in for variety.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                . When someone finally makes an egg that’s entire Daim bar or Curly Wurly it’s going to revolutionize children’s lives.
                You can get these now for some brands. There's definitely been a Malteser one with Maltesery bits in the chocolate egg.

Comment

I won a cheese egg in the pub's Easter draw. Which was kind of handy as I don't like chocolate much.

Comment

OK, so what is a cheese egg? Cheese in the form of an egg? Or an egg filled with cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      A couple of friends, who've just been to Mayo for a wedding, brought us back some Butlers Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin chocolate, so that's our egg...
                      My brother and his partner are holidaying out Wesht this week (her Da was from Kiltimagh). I don't like gin but if it's a gift...

Comment

I wish I didn't like chocolate. It would make life much easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X