Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

What Easter Eggs did you get?
    None. Our kid has decided to give up chocolate, my partner wants to cut down on sugar and as for me chocolate is horrible. Win all round!

Comment

I am 100% sure that the oranges used in Jaffa Cakes (tm) are not all from Jaffa. If they are, I'll have to boycott them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
        I think that's really cute.

Grandad, you don't decide what is or isn't "a thing".
        Absolutely, I don't decide. Nor does anyone else. Things that are things are things and things that aren't things aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
          Snake, can we have a separate "Biscuits" subforum for that thread?
          Stop that.

Comment

Grandad[TonTon], you don't decide what is or isn't "a thing".
            treibeis v TonTon. This should be a fascinating battle...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              treibeis v TonTon. This should be a fascinating battle...
              Naah. I lose. He wears "trainers".

(Do I have to do a smiley-face thing here?)
              Last edited by treibeis; 12-04-2020, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                I got no easter eggs.
                Same ‘ere.

Can’t remember when somebody last bought me an Easter egg - probably a couple of decades ago. I’d want a decent one, though, if so.

Comment

Really need the @adhoc family's painted eggs which are hiding on the mundane photography thread, when they should be bossing this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                    He's the Piers Morgan of OTF.
                    Wow. Below the belt.

Comment

Classification of Jaffa Cakes is a serious issue.

Comment

I bought the wife and myself one on Friday. Was just going to be the wife but they were buy one get one free.

the kids all got one big egg each, and 6 tiny eggs each that we used to do an egg hunt around the house yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          I am 100% sure that the oranges used in Jaffa Cakes (tm) are not all from Jaffa. If they are, I'll have to boycott them anyway
                          No but the oranges are the seedless Jaffa variety. My point was that unless the banana ones can claim the same, OR that they come from Jaffa then they don't qualify.

Comment

Naah. I lose. He wears "trainers".

(Do I have to do a smiley-face thing here?)
                            How do you know that I have a pair of trainers?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

No but the oranges are the seedless Jaffa variety. My point was that unless the banana ones can claim the same, OR that they come from Jaffa then they don't qualify.

But they haven't been marketed as Jaffa Cakes. They just say "Banana. Sponge cakes with jelly in white chocolate"

Comment

Yes, it's other people calling them banana jaffa cakes. Wrongly.

Comment

Turns out that there actually is a variety of bananas called JAFFA

https://www.rahan.co.il/?page_id=196&lang=en

Comment

So they could be banana jaffa cakes after all.

Comment

Well, I would call them JAFFA Banana Cakes, but then I am weird that way.

Comment

Just to add to the distress, apparently Morrisons do jaffa cake doughnuts:

Comment

I blame JJ Abrams for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

But they haven't been marketed as Jaffa Cakes. They just say "Banana. Sponge cakes with jelly in white chocolate"
                                            In that case, I stand corrected. Also, I'm an idiot. And I also blaming JJ Abrams for that.

Comment

3 of us have just demolished a fancy Waitrose egg. Only when we finished did we note it packed over 3000 calories. Maybe just a light supper, then...

Comment

'Jaffa Cake' isn't trademarked - manufacturers other than McVities can and do use the name, as in the cherry example overleaf.

Whether the name can be applied to any item following the template or is restricted to the original orange flavour jelly filled version seems to me a moot point. If you like things to be just so, for example always checking which sport the most famous athlete in the country plays if they are mentioned in your courtroom, then it is probably best to operate a strict orange only policy. Others, accustomed to the exhilarating and occasionally frightening world that we have lived in since the ban on Lady Chatterley's Lover was lifted, daringly choose to apply the term to variations upon the theme.

In other shocking misnaming news, these appear to contain no fried eggs whatsover:

Comment

My sad few Reester Bunnies also have no rabbit in them

Comment

Mcvities sellike Lemon & Lime Jaffa Cakes.

At Halloween they call them Lemon & Slime Jaffa Cakes.

It think if Mcvities use "jaffa cake" as a catch all term for cake, jelly, chocolate topping, then that's my yardstick.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X