Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Eggs

Both had Cadbury's in our house. One each.

Mrs Thistle: Cadbury's egg with mini eggs
    Me: Same size egg with a creme egg

I also bought another pack of mini eggs at Mrs Thistle's request when I went for a walk yesterday.

What Easter Eggs did you get?

A small bag of Malteser rabbits to share.

Comment

For some time, we've never bothered. Even the Roginettes worked out themselves from a very young age that a) they're a rip-off and you can buy twice as much chocolate with it not in egg form and b) even if the fleeting excitement of having an egg to smash is your thing, they're always 2 for 1 by Easter Monday.

Signora Rogin has got a box of orange matchmakers and another of Asda's own version of after eights. I'm not a total monster.
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 12-04-2020, 13:41.

Comment

We've got a box of Waitrose Easter chocolates that were on sale from Ocado. They look good but I have just scoffed half a packet of Polish cherry Jaffa cakes so won't be troubling them for a while.

Comment

You can buy chocolate at better value, for sure. But you aren't allowed to eat that much chocolate, whereas you are if it is egg-shaped. So, you know.

I got our Hotel Chocolat eggs 50% off, and they are lovely, as always.

Comment

I got no easter eggs.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Buailtin/status/1249294558208372736

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                I got no easter eggs.
                Oh no, poor you.

Comment

We had one packet of mini creme eggs and a bar of milk chocolate that we used to make chocolate shreddie nests this morning, one packet of mini lindt eggs and one packet of mini chocolate bunnies that were used in an Easter egg hunt this afternoon, and one full-size milk chocolate freddo egg that was the final prize for the egg hunt (we only had it in the house because the kids knocked it off the shelf and damaged the packaging last time we were in Aldi about six weeks ago). I forgot to buy any more in the last ocado shop, but it turns out, this was plenty. The kids have only eaten about half the chocolate and put the rest in the cupboard for another day, and we still have half the chocolate nests in the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                    We've got a box of Waitrose Easter chocolates that were on sale from Ocado. They look good but I have just scoffed half a packet of Polish cherry Jaffa cakes so won't be troubling them for a while.
                    Cherry flavoured Jaffa cakes from Poland, or Jaffa cakes made from Polish cherries?

Comment

We'll be having caramel mini eggs when the Easter Bunny can be bothered to get out of bed and go hide them in the garden.

Comment

I have got a Lindt egg with mini Lindt eggs, an M&S honeycomb one and yesterday Mrs of the Shed got a free one from the display cabinet at M&S. I will be scoffing the lot but Mrs of the Shed has got a vegan one, orcat least had one after destroying it last night.

Comment

We had two bags of mini creme eggs, but they went rather quickly. We'd have got more of the full size ones in, but I can't be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post

Cherry flavoured Jaffa cakes from Poland, or Jaffa cakes made from Polish cherries?
                            They're made in Poland but the provenance of the cherries is unspecified.

In trying to find a picture of this particular brand, I have discovered that their range includes a banana Jaffa cake with white chocolate.

Comment

a banana Jaffa cake with white chocolate.
                              Wars have been started for less

Comment

Hmm, those could potentially be quite nice. The cherry ones, I mean. I'm unconvinced that the banana ones could be.

Comment

Banana jaffa cake isn't a thing.

Comment

I thoroughly share the general scepticism about the banana jaffa cakes.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      Banana jaffa cake isn't a thing.
                                      I think that's really cute.

Grandad, you don't decide what is or isn't "a thing".

Comment

I thoroughly share the general scepticism about the banana jaffa cakes.

I really want to try those now. I might have to schlepp to the Polski sklepp and see if they have them.

Comment

If I do then I'm going to start a jaffa cakes thread. We can compare other brands of classic jaffa cakes as well.

Comment

Snake, can we have a separate "Biscuits" subforum for that thread?

Comment

Wouter D lighting the touchpaper there...

Comment

He's the Piers Morgan of OTF.

Comment

If someone can point out a type of Banana called a "Jaffa" or guarantee that the bananas used are from and only from Jaffa, I'll allow them. Otherwise they should be cleansed from the earth with fire.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X