The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    ... Harry will be forced to decide if he is to demand a paternity test on the young pretenders, as that's a precedent he probably doesn't want to get into.
    Not having a go at you here pebbs, but aren't the old jokes about Harry's parentage as tired as the ones about the royals being 'German'? Yes, he's got red hair, but anyone who saw any of the coverage post Diana's funeral will recall that so did her brother, his uncle. I mean, when Harry was a kid I could kind of get it – but the older he's got the weirder I've found it, since as an adult he's clearly come to resemble Charles (ignoring the hair) a million times more obviously than William, say, does. Has nobody who continues this sort of thing looked at him since he was about 17?

Speaking of which, unless whoever the unnamed racist-comments person in the family was genuinely raised the subject of the colour of the unborn baby's skin in the spirit of (a merely somewhat cynical) "We could do with someone a bit ethnic-looking, appeal to the Commonwealth", I don't know what on earth they must've been smoking to have "concerns" over it. She's a light-skinned mixed-race woman, he's a pasty ginger bloke. How "dark" did they imagine it could possibly come out?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Well, your eyesight is better than mine, I'll give you that.
      It was an international jamboree sort of thing. the organisation of the irish end of it was a bit of a disaster. I'm sure there was loads of people who wanted to go, but they would have been considerably older, and would have had to walk quite far to get to this venue, and that ruled out a huge proportion of the audience. Then you had people block-booking tickets with the intention of not showing up, hence them setting up for 500,000

G-Man was leading a tour group, and I met himself and G-man junior. (G-boy seems extremely inappropriate for someone who looks like he could comfortably lift a car over his head) and we went on a drinking tear through dublin. That seems a very long time ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
        What on earth do those signs in the wall mean, they look like something out of supernatural.
        They're mystic sigils to deter the Sassenachs.

Has anyone thought of making the kid the Earl of Raith? They'd be dancing in the streets, etc...

Comment

What on earth do those signs in the wall mean, they look like something out of supernatural.
          A quick guess would be North Motherwell Young Team. It is pretty classic / established gang graffiti from Scotland. Young Team is a popular form though seems to be a little less popular now than 25 years ago.

Comment

This was a superb compilation of the tabloid press's two-facedness and horrific double standards:
            Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
            I can remember seeing these articles being compared for the not exactly subtle differences in tone about Kate and the Meg last year and thinking that it was greasy, very greasy indeed.
            https://www.twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1367950484628201474
            I too read something last year about how their coverage of Meghan was freighted with all manner of 'coding', in terms of the vocabulary used and the angles they took – but it's still quite something to see the direct side-by-side contrast here of the way they covered two young women in superficially almost identical positions, and involving the exact same situations, in such completely different ways... due, manifestly, to one key difference between them. It's vile, and so utterly, utterly shameless. But it sells, so they just don't care do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Thanks for the correction, MsD. I ought to have done my homework better there.
              Ha, don't worry, you're not the worst offender when it comes to spouting bollocks about it despite never having seen it. It featured Gina Torres as the firm's senior partner, Wendell Pierce as a high-powered attorney and Meghan (Rachel)'s Dad; many other black and biracial characters, and as Gretchen (Aloma Wright) quips in one episode, "this firm just got a whole lot blacker".

Suits was Meghan's biggest role and her main presence in the public eye from 2011-2016, she wasn't widely known outside of that until she started dating Harry. So most people who knew of her at all would have known she was biracial. Pre-Suits, she's said casting directors were "confused", but that's not her "passing" as anything. She just looks as she does.

On the subject of Harry's parentage - I must admit I have had a laugh about his being Hewitt's son in the past. Now that I like the Harry we see (who has been there for a while, with his interviews slating the press over his mother, but which I took no notice of at the time) I feel a bit bad about that. I'm sure if he was a Hewitt it would have come out by now.

Comment

Another thing that has got my goat (and something Snake has touched on in his excellent comments) is all this talk about gold diggers. I mean I expect this kind of nonsense from broke, low value beta males, but it is sad hearing this from so many women.

The most important decision you make in your life (if you are that way inclined), is picking your life partner this can literally make or break you mentally and financially) so I don't see why it is bad for a woman to pick from her best possible option and it's sad to see other women criticise her for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

A quick guess would be North Motherwell Young Team. It is pretty classic / established gang graffiti from Scotland. Young Team is a popular form though seems to be a little less popular now than 25 years ago.
                  Even used by a locally popular beat combo for the title of their debut album.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    Not having a go at you here pebbs, but aren't the old jokes about Harry's parentage as tired as the ones about the royals being 'German'? Yes, he's got red hair, but anyone who saw any of the coverage post Diana's funeral will recall that so did her brother, his uncle. I mean, when Harry was a kid I could kind of get it – but the older he's got the weirder I've found it, since as an adult he's clearly come to resemble Charles (ignoring the hair) a million times more obviously than William, say, does. Has nobody who continues this sort of thing looked at him since he was about 17?
                    William clearly looks like his grandfather and the uncles (Andrew and Edward)
                    Harry on the other hand does have a passing resemblance to Dianna's brother and the alleged father. But I take your point.

Speaking of which, unless whoever the unnamed racist-comments person in the family was genuinely raised the subject of the colour of the unborn baby's skin in the spirit of (a merely somewhat cynical) "We could do with someone a bit ethnic-looking, appeal to the Commonwealth", I don't know what on earth they must've been smoking to have "concerns" over it. She's a light-skinned mixed-race woman, he's a pasty ginger bloke. How "dark" did they imagine it could possibly come out?
                    I think like Lee Boywer when he dated that half Indian lady in his Youth, they feared a "throwback". Maybe they had visions of him looking like Delroy Lindo and leading this lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gulVffq-P4

Archie Windsor is about as West Indian a name can get. Give the image of a 1950's Ska Singer who hopped off the windrush and sang in the jazz bars of 1960's London.

He can now be found spending his retirement at the local west Indian cultural centre dinking Wray and Nephew and playing Dominoes with his mates Herbert, Rupert and Nestor.

Comment

The most important decision you make in your life (if you are that way inclined), is picking your life partner this can literally make or break you mentally and financially) so I don't see why it is bad for a woman to pick from her best possible option and it's sad to see other women criticise her for doing so.
                      I'm not sure it was your intent, but saying 'pick her best possible option' sounds exactly like it was an opportunistic decision rather than she fell in love with him.

Comment

I'm not sure it was your intent, but saying 'pick her best possible option' sounds exactly like it was an opportunistic decision rather than she fell in love with him.
                        Depends on what you mean by love, this can mean different things for different people. Also men getting hitched is an opportunistic decision.

It might save us getting into and argument if you define, "love" and "opportunistic decisions" so there is no misunderstanding.

Comment

The gold digger thing is because she's black. It might be because people think she's an opportunist but it might also be because it rhymes with a word for black.

Comment

Enjoying a post match point in the Motherwell FC bar, two blondes walked in and invited us to dinner at their hotel. The NI centre backs who had just lost 2-0 to Scotland

Over to you Dumbarton

Comment

"Pick her best possible option" sounds very transactional. Like she's shopping for an appliance. If she had fallen in love with three or four different men, I can see how the 'best possible option' might fit. But otherwise it sounds...you know....gold digger.

Let's go with 'good old romantic love' for the sake of argument.

Comment

In terms of offensive assumptions about one's spouse, my dad openly wondered what colour my children would be, my entire Northern family (one uncle plus 18 descendants and surrounding entourage) still seem to believe that my husband "married me to get a visa" (he's Italian by citizenship so I don't really know what they think he's gained but ho hum), and my mum and sister have both expressed fears that my husband, who has lived in England since he was 12, might kidnap our children and run away to the Middle East (where, or indeed why, never really seems to be a factor). And people wonder why I only have limited interactions with my family. I must confess that this leads me to have a certain level of empathy for Harry and Meghan running off to California.

Comment

https://twitter.com/faizashaheen/status/1369071703058509825?s=21

Comment

William clearly looks like his grandfather and the uncles (Andrew and Edward)
                                    Harry on the other hand does have a passing resemblance to Dianna's brother and the alleged father. But I take your point.
                                    Harry looks a hell of a lot like Philip to me now he's older, the nose and set of the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                      In terms of offensive assumptions about one's spouse, my dad openly wondered what colour my children would be, my entire Northern family (one uncle plus 18 descendants and surrounding entourage) still seem to believe that my husband "married me to get a visa" (he's Italian by citizenship so I don't really know what they think he's gained but ho hum), and my mum and sister have both expressed fears that my husband, who has lived in England since he was 12, might kidnap our children and run away to the Middle East (where, or indeed why, never really seems to be a factor). And people wonder why I only have limited interactions with my family. I must confess that this leads me to have a certain level of empathy for Harry and Meghan running off to California.
                                      Quite a lot of old people (my age and up) have/had "unreconstructed" race issues. My wife's father was appalled when she named her son Max: "But that's a Jewish name!"

Comment

That's cos she spelled it wrong. Macsen is a Welsh name as any fule no

Comment

"Pick her best possible option" sounds very transactional. Like she's shopping for an appliance. If she had fallen in love with three or four different men, I can see how the 'best possible option' might fit. But otherwise it sounds...you know....gold digger.

Let's go with 'good old romantic love' for the sake of argument.
                                          I know I am going to sound evasive here, but Love whether the "modern" or "Good old fashioned" needs to be defined here before either of us continue down this path. I would still argue it is a subjective and nebulous term which can (and probably does) mean different things to different people.

Interesting regarding the appliance shopping list analogy, again, i don't necessarily have an issue with this, I fully understand why many men/women would though.

Regarding the use of opportunist, I strongly disagree. It is something we all do, not just scandalous jezebels. If we didn't, most of us would be single virgins. Whether you take the long walk to the coffee machine in the office so you can purposely catch the eye of someone you are attracted to (especially when a mutual acquaintance indicated he/she is single) is opportunism and is considered smart.
                                          If Meghan had spread poison that ended Harry's previous relationship so she could have him for herself then, I could understand but this is not what is discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Harry looks a hell of a lot like Philip to me now he's older, the nose and set of the eyes.
                                            Exactly my though last night. He's clearly Charles'

Comment

Latest betting on a name for M & H's baby

Oprah 2/1
                                              Serena 3/1
                                              Diana 4/1
                                              Doria 5/1
                                              Kamala 6/1
                                              Kate 96 tears/1
                                              Lillibet 100/1
                                              Philippa 200/1
                                              Charlene 500/1
                                              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 09-03-2021, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                Hopefully once the queen dies (not that I'm wishing she dies, I don't care one way or the other)
                                                I do. I've got her in the deadpool thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                  Christ...what a pack of twats...

I never had such issue, despite actually getting married for the visa to my ex (we had a genuine relationship, just no choice to avoid getting married if we wanted to stay together). My current wife father was a bit suspicious at first, but he very quickly relaxed about me. Amazing how easier it is when you are white eh...

Comment

https://twitter.com/footymac/status/1369349867408154628?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X