• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Where did you see this exit poll?
    Twitter - link is in the post.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    I think tho that’s more for vox than previous predictions it is consistent- PSOE gets 1st go at coalition, Cs, having spent the campaign trying to outdo PP and Vox for españolismo and racism, will suddenly rediscover their ‘liberal’ side...

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Where did you see this exit poll?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Vox at all is pretty horrific, obviously, but Vox at 42...

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Already have an exit poll:

Right 166 (PP 71, C's 51, Vox 42, Navarre 2)
    Left 151 (PSOE 107, Podemos 44)
    Nationalist 33 (ERC 13, JxC [Puigdemont's party] 4, Republican Front 4, PNV 6, Bildu 3, Compromís [Valencian] 3, Canarian Coalition 1)

If that's borne out by other polls and results, another election would be inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Results are out v quickly in Spain (computers..?) in 2004 we were in IU HQ in Madrid, with free drink and tapas and it was all over far too quickly!

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    We are so backward here.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    As with most European elections, exit polls pretty much on the dot of 7, and live counting immediately on the website at the bottom of page 1.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    So polls close at 7 pm BST - when do we expect results?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The biggest increase in votes in Catalunya has been in traditionally pro-independence areas, such as Girona, Vic and Olot.

By the way, Aragon isn't quite as conservative as implied upthread.
    Fair to say Catalunya's mobilised - up a whopping 18% on 2016, according to the newest turnout figures - should be better news for Sanchez than the PP, but with a 9% rise across the board, one never knows.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    The biggest increase in votes in Catalunya has been in traditionally pro-independence areas, such as Girona, Vic and Olot.

By the way, Aragon isn't quite as conservative as implied upthread.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    This will be the official site for results later, but for now it's concentrating on turnout levels.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    [URL]https://twitter.com/europeelects/status/1122491926907957255?s=21[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    First indication of turnout: up 5-7% in Euskadi and Asturias, which would favour the left, but the right can point to similar increases in Navarre and Aragon. Catalonia has seen a whopping 11% surge, which could mean anything, given the unique politics there in the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Hope tae fuck that's accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Final projection marginally better for left than in the OP - Podemos improve one, PP and Vox both lose one, and the other seat goes to Canarian nationalists.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    So many young people here of my acquaintance are not going to vote for the usual reasons that the parties are all the same, nobody listens to us, they're all corrupt, I'll be on the beach etc.

It's very depressing.

What as so often happens is that the broad left fight among themselves and the right wing parties cosy up to each other. That said, according to the polls there are reasons for feeling tentatively optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Etienne View Post
    I, for one, am shocked that the PP would consider working with fascists. That is unprecedented.

Are Ciudadanos only distinguishable from PP on policy grounds by their attitude to corruption? Or not even that?
    They started out as Catalan unionists, because of the odium for PP in the region, and while they are ostensibly in ALDE because of liberal leanings when they first went nationwide, nowadays there's little to distinguish the two.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    I, for one, am shocked that the PP would consider working with fascists. That is unprecedented.

Are Ciudadanos only distinguishable from PP on policy grounds by their attitude to corruption? Or not even that?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The PP leader, Casado, has just said he would consider including Vox MPs in his Cabinet, should the right get to 176 - in Andalusia, they had a confidence agreement with PP and Ciudadanos, so the creeping normalisation is in full swing:

https://www.spainenglish.com/2019/04...far-right-vox/
    Last edited by Diable Rouge; 26-04-2019, 14:44.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    In the last election the newspaper El Periòdic d'Andorra (sister newspaper of the Spanish version) published polls up to the last day, something not allowed in Spain, in order to circumvent the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Home page

I'm not sure about parties as fruits and vegetables.
    That's purely to work around the moratorium.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Home page

I'm not sure about parties as fruits and vegetables.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Link doesn't work for me.
    Yes, only seems to work from the opening portal, rather than the link itself, trying to fix it - on the main page, click on the "emojiPanel" button, and it will eventually load.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X